We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

The Gondor thread

Hello, this thread is to post pics or anything related to Gondor, Numenor, Westernesse, Arnor ,Bizantine/Roman, etc. for LOTRO.

Keep in Mind, only anything goes except movies because LOTRO is based on the books/History.

Go!

Ill start it with some pics: Regular Foot Soldier and Swan Knight

Living quarters incisde Gondorian Settlements.
    Last edited by Al.; Dec 15 2013 at 08:56 PM.

Oldbadger can you post one of your famous pics if you get to see this thread.

Regular Foot Soldier Axe or Sword
    Last edited by Al.; Oct 05 2013 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al. View Post

Wow, so according to this map part of Gondor reaches South enough to touch the desert. I wonder if that's far enough to see "where the stars are strange".
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I'm a little confused here, you named this "The Gondor thread", yet half of these pictures are from Rohan or of elves?
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

Hello, this thread is to post pics or anything related to Gondor, Numenor, Westernesse, Arnor, Anglo-Saxon/Roman, etc. for LOTRO.
    I noticed you changed your original post to include Anglo-Saxon, why would you want people to post pictures of Rohan in "The Gondor Thread"?

Also you've posted Ted Nasmith's beautiful painting "Eärendil searches Tirion" and the claimed it as a picture from Númenor, confused much? Perhaps your famous Einsteinian intellect at work?
    - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    Perhaps your famous Einsteinian intellect at work?
    Must be the reason for the big M right?

Keep in Mind,
    Really Wolf has a point though. This is more of a random fantasy pics thread now rather than a Gondor thread.
    Last edited by bambubambubambu; Nov 10 2013 at 01:15 PM.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    I noticed you changed your original post to include Anglo-Saxon, why would you want people to post pictures of Rohan in "The Gondor Thread"?

Also you've posted Ted Nasmith's beautiful painting "Eärendil searches Tirion" and the claimed it as a picture from Númenor, confused much? Perhaps your famous Einsteinian intellect at work?
    I dind't change anything in the original post, maybe you just noticed, btw 1 first image is anglo saxon. There is only few bits of Rohan like the Argonath but that was Gondorian construct.

Ted Nasmith painting is "search for tirion" yep, its a bit off topic but its the style of the city I liked for Gondor Main cities after all Numenorians learned from Noldor so inderectly their style is similar a faith reflection though

EDIT: Changed Armenllos to Tirion description.
    Last edited by Al.; Nov 10 2013 at 02:58 PM.

Gondorian Strong-Men, some Rohirrim in their ranks

Gondor Troops heading out from port

The famous White tree of Gondor

Gondor Troops heading out from port

I would describe them as Arnorian troops, that's Aragorn leading the Dunedain of the North (along with Gimli and Legolas of course) after landing at Harlond.
    - Will Rogers

Gondorian Strong-Men, some Rohirrim in their ranks

Rohirrim in their ranks? They appear to be all wearing the same helmets, the big guy (with his helmet under his arm) even looks suspiciously like Helm Hammerhand
    - Will Rogers