We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Well, I did it..........

I opened up a can of compressed air and cleaned the hell out of my desktop case. You would not believe the dust cloud that came out of that thing.

On the side of the can it said that there is a bitterant to help discourage inhalant abuse. Do people actually breathe this stuff??????
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Thanks for reminding me! I need to do this so bad that I'm going to take my tower outside so I don't fill my entire apartment with dust!

So that was you, huh?

*cough* *cough* *HACK* *cough*

LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    On the side of the can it said that there is a bitterant to help discourage inhalant abuse. Do people actually breathe this stuff??????
    Unfortunately. I've had to show ID in the past when I went to purchase a can for my computer.
    Crickhollow Server:
    Evenhald: L85 Minstrel Armaius: L76 Loremaster. Gaheriad: L81 Hunter Malhion: L74 Captain

Let's face it, in the Harley Davidson manual there's a warning for people not to eat the motorcycle.

What more can anyone say?
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I opened up a can of compressed air and cleaned the hell out of my desktop case. You would not believe the dust cloud that came out of that thing.

After frying a graphics card because the fan was choked with cat hair, I dust out my comp regular, and keep it off floor level.
    Also swifers make great dust filters for ports

If you read a warning on anything and your first thought is "what idiot would ....", well some idiot did lol

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    Also swifers make great dust filters for ports l
    I don't understand, can you explain more? Thanks!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Those swiffer dust mop pads; swiffer sweeper refills. Open one up, use a couple pieces of tape, put it over the air grate on the side of your comp. Doesn't block the air flow at all and catches most everything before it gets into your comp.

I've always worried about using compressed air cans inside a pc. The ones i can buy all contain a cleaning agent and propellant which are liquid and leave a residue. Is it actually safe to use these inside a pc? Any tips on using them?
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

Round these parts...

If you use a leafblower to clean out the inside of your computer case...you might be a Redneck...

I done it!
    Last edited by bambubambubambu; Jul 28 2013 at 09:09 PM.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    If you use a leafblower to clean out the inside of your computer case...you might be a Redneck...

Growing up in Louisiana, I resemble that remark!

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    Those swiffer dust mop pads; swiffer sweeper refills. Open one up, use a couple pieces of tape, put it over the air grate on the side of your comp. Doesn't block the air flow at all and catches most everything before it gets into your comp.
    That reminds me, i have a huge roll of air con SAV filter material downstairs, might cut some up and fix it over my vents
    [I][URL="http://www.swgrp.co.uk/main/socks/"]Wet Socks & Two Smoking Hobits: the mad ramblings of Handee Pokits[/URL][/I]

In years past I spent too much $$$$ on cans of compressed air...then I found a little secret.

Go to Harbor Freight Tools (if you live in the US) with a 39.99 coupon and get a little pancake compressor. Buy a cheap hose and a spray gun adapter and you can do it all yourself, plus inflate bike and car tires too You can dial it down so it doesn't break any components in your PC, and it won't leave any residue, and you can use it for all sorts of other electronics too. I usually blow a ginormous hairball from my fans every spring and again just before the first snow of winter. Probably the only reason this PC has lasted so long =)
    This Space Is Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykkul View Post
    In years past I spent too much $$$$ on cans of compressed air...then I found a little secret.

Go to Harbor Freight Tools (if you live in the US) with a 39.99 coupon and get a little pancake compressor. Buy a cheap hose and a spray gun adapter and you can do it all yourself, plus inflate bike and car tires too You can dial it down so it doesn't break any components in your PC, and it won't leave any residue, and you can use it for all sorts of other electronics too. I usually blow a ginormous hairball from my fans every spring and again just before the first snow of winter. Probably the only reason this PC has lasted so long =)

Oh my god, that's ingenious! /deepbow