We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Flying Mounts Coming

Can we get some cool open world flying mounts in game like VANGUARD Saga of Heroes has?

In Vanguard you can fly anywhere around the huge 3 continent world. &If you can see it you can fly to it.

Also, the cash shop in Vanguard actually has reasonably priced items. &You don't go broke buying stuff from the cash shop.

Plus all the classes in VANGUARD are fun to play. There's so many to choose from!
    When will this game implement new classes?

I'd like to see flying mounts and classes added and cash shop items reduced in price in this game.
    Last edited by cdubrizzle; Jul 15 2013 at 06:09 PM.

go play vanguard then?
    just a reminder... anything playable, doable, and actionable, may be considered an exploit and the ban-hammer may be authorized at any and all moments.

Actually, we have flying mounts already. Take your horse and jump off any high cliff or platform.
    [URL="http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Nibli/media/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae340/Nibli/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Landroval Server
    Officer of The Lonely Mountain Band
    Whilst cooking for Elevensies, Tinki floors 2 Orcs with her frying pan and fresh caught fish. The frying pan critted for 18 hp and the fish was extra tender afterwards.

I do but I like the lotr story.

Quote Originally Posted by cdubrizzle View Post
    Can we get some cool open world flying mounts in game like VANGUARD Saga of Heroes has?

In Vanguard you can fly anywhere around the huge 3 continent world. &If you can see it you can fly to it.

Also, the cash shop in Vanguard actually has reasonably priced items. &You don't go broke buying stuff from the cash shop.

Plus all the classes in VANGUARD are fun to play. There's so many to choose from!
    When will this game implement new classes?

I'd like to see flying mounts and classes added and cash shop items reduced in price in this game.
    Turbine cannot just add anything they like to this game. This game has restrictions due to it's certain lore. Furthermore this game is not designed to have flying mounts. It's the same with the classes, they cannot just add any class they feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by cdubrizzle View Post
    I do but I like the lotr story.
    If you do, I'm sure you'll approve of the game's sticking to the Lore.

Other than crebain, which are too small to carry anyone,* there are three flying creatures in-game. First, the Great Eagles, who are not mere animals: they are Maiar, like Gandalf and Radagast and (unfortunately) Saruman. They do not just carry anybody around because they are asked to. In the whole four-book series to which Turbine has access, the Eagles have mostly carried Gandalf at need, or friends of Gandalf at his request. If Joe Anybody asked one to carry him, he would probably get eaten.

Then there are dragons. They are mostly dead, except for one undead one who's been reanimated. They wouldn't carry anybody; indeed, they would probably eat you too if they were still alive (do undead eat? A good question).

Finally, there are the nine Fell-beasts ridden by the nine Nazgul. They were discovered and reared by Sauron to carry his chief servants. They would probably eat you too, or else carry you straight to Barad-Dur where Sauron would amuse himself by taking you to pieces, slowly.

That's the Lore reason.

The game reason is that the Turbine engine is intrinsically two-dimensional. Nothing really flies: crebain and things sit atop an invisible zero-to-two-meter-tall column of air. Anything seen flying higher than that is part of the mechanism that makes weather in game.

That's the game reason.

_____
    *In addition to which, most of them work for Saruman.
    Last edited by djheydt; Jul 15 2013 at 08:46 PM.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

WBS is offline Weatherstock Wayfarer
    Destroyer of Worlds
    Troll topic, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    Turbine cannot just add anything they like to this game. This game has restrictions due to it's certain lore.
    Yeah remember that chapter in Fellowship with the little boxes they had to open everyday? My favorite passage.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7803/rz50.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?508409-Scenic-Arda"]Scenic Arda[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532343-Scenic-Helm-s-Deep&p=7014227"]Scenic Helm's Deep[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?519168-New-forum-skin-light-theme"]Forum Light Theme[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Taravith View Post
    Yeah remember that chapter in Fellowship with the little boxes they had to open everyday? My favorite passage.
    Do you not remember that in the first book, it clearly states that when a Hobbit has his or her birthday, they give away gifts rather than receiving them and that it is a Hobbit's birthday every day of the year. Yeah, pay attention to what you read.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000007d7a/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

(looks at the thread title)

Whatever - it really wonders me why recently there are more and more messages written in forums as well as in game chats, where a question is asked, yet the grammar used makes it look like a definite statement. Sometimes there isn't even a question mark at the end of the sentence any more, like in this thread.

Where does that come from? It may be be uncommon in many languages to place a Do or Does, or Will or Can, at the beginning of a question or request; but leaving the question mark away? Come on, there *has* to be some grammar in your own language, too...

Greetings, Polymachos
    Last edited by Polymachos; Jul 15 2013 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendraken View Post
    Do you not remember that in the first book, it clearly states that when a Hobbit has his or her birthday, they give away gifts rather than receiving them and that it is a Hobbit's birthday every day of the year. Yeah, pay attention to what you read.
    And then there's the passage that says that after they give you a present they offer you a great deal on another one for the mere price of 2 mithril coins...oh, wait...

But back on topic to the OP, I enjoy playing other games for the different experiences they offer. I play LOTRO because it's LOTRO, and I play GW2 because it's GW2. They are very different games that offer totally different experiences, but that's a good thing not a bad thing. It means that I have choices and variety and don't get bored doing just one thing. Asking for every game to have everything that every other game has just makes every game feel like you're doing exactly the same thing just with a slightly different wording. I hope you find something in LOTRO that you can enjoy--there really is a lot to have fun with here!

Quote Originally Posted by morrowbreeze View Post
    Actually, we have flying mounts already. Take your horse and jump off any high cliff or platform.
    thats not flying...

^_^
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    thats not flying...

^_^
    Actually, it is. This is known as ballistic flight. It isn't controlled, powered flight; but it is flight. :P
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by Whart View Post
    But back on topic to the OP, I enjoy playing other games for the different experiences they offer. I play LOTRO because it's LOTRO, and I play GW2 because it's GW2. They are very different games that offer totally different experiences, but that's a good thing not a bad thing. It means that I have choices and variety and don't get bored doing just one thing. Asking for every game to have everything that every other game has just makes every game feel like you're doing exactly the same thing just with a slightly different wording. I hope you find something in LOTRO that you can enjoy--there really is a lot to have fun with here!
    Good points... Perhaps some company needs to make an MMO under the title "Generic On-line Fantasy Game" and use Diana Wynne Jones "The Tough Guide to Fantasyland" as the "lore" behind it. They could throw in every fantasy trope anyone has ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    Good points... Perhaps some company needs to make an MMO under the title "Generic On-line Fantasy Game" and use Diana Wynne Jones "The Tough Guide to Fantasyland" as the "lore" behind it. They could throw in every fantasy trope anyone has ever used.
    Or, as we call it in the fantasy-writing business, "Extruded Fantasy Product."

They could ride on the eagles.

[I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Haha not bad, but it would ruin the game. If u want that kind of flying why not trying Wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Whart View Post
    And then there's the passage that says that after they give you a present they offer you a great deal on another one for the mere price of 2 mithril coins...oh, wait...
    That has to do with bribing another hobbit to be your friend of the day...

Quote Originally Posted by Pendraken View Post
    Ooooh so the hobbit presents were just an immersion tool. Jeez, me and my inattention!

But you're right - I too have never felt so close to the professor's writing as when I'm maxxing my DPS for a Sammy speedrun to farm marks to upgrade my LI crit legacy. Wouldn't want those silly people ruining the experience with absurd mounts and whatnot. Gotta keep it pure, y'know.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7803/rz50.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?508409-Scenic-Arda"]Scenic Arda[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532343-Scenic-Helm-s-Deep&p=7014227"]Scenic Helm's Deep[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?519168-New-forum-skin-light-theme"]Forum Light Theme[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    Furthermore this game is not designed to have flying mounts.
    For example, when World of Warcraft added flying mounts they included them only in the new expansion zone. The reason given was exactly that, the rest of the world had not been designed assuming flying mounts. Otherwise you could just fly over barriers, evade enemies who were stuck on the ground, etc. Similar to the reason we don't have mounted combat in areas created before Rohan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    For example, when World of Warcraft added flying mounts they included them only in the new expansion zone. The reason given was exactly that, the rest of the world had not been designed assuming flying mounts. Otherwise you could just fly over barriers, evade enemies who were stuck on the ground, etc. Similar to the reason we don't have mounted combat in areas created before Rohan.
    Although we can ride our war-steeds in those areas, just not fight with them -- and they're still the fastest thing on four feet.

But it would take a tremendous lot of work to enable flying mounts or truly flying anythings in LotRO; the Turbine engine is basically two-dimensional, and they would have to rewrite the whole of the code to enable it. And I do not fool myself into thinking that WB would pay for it, just for the sake of a few Lore-breaking pegasi.

the game could introduce hot air balloons as flying mounts, players could design their own balloons based on materials and skill level, it can be that each material would come from each of the crafting guild

Quote Originally Posted by knnindy View Post
    the game could introduce hot air balloons as flying mounts, players could design their own balloons based on materials and skill level, it can be that each material would come from each of the crafting guild
    No They Couldn't.

Hot-air balloons are one piece of Sixth Age technology that even Saruman never thought of. And the Turbine engine wouldn't handle them. If you want flying mounts, go to That Other Game. Bye-bye.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast