We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Wargs.....

  1. #1

    Wargs.....

    I'm a warg and rank 3 so far, i havent had the time to work on him due to school. But now i have much time and wonders if i should work on him or change class?. I love warg he's so cool, and can hide from freeps, i just killed my first freeps at rank 2 =)))

  2. #2
    If you like it why should you change? Wargs are fun.
    Go Hoosiers! IU!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    2,379
    Really any of the classes can be fun in PvMP so if you are simply looking for a bit of fun I would suggest giving them all a try. Now if you enjoy being awesome then the warg is the only choice.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eriador
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurad View Post
    I'm a warg and rank 3 so far, i havent had the time to work on him due to school. But now i have much time and wonders if i should work on him or change class?. I love warg he's so cool, and can hide from freeps, i just killed my first freeps at rank 2 =)))
    Warg.

    What you lack in thumbs, you more than make up for in luxurious fur coat, awesomeness of character, melodious howl, bone crushing jaws, fluffyness of tail, and overall Wargie goodness.
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The North
    Posts
    74
    Wargs. Are. Cool.
    SteamBear level 101 Defiler - Legion of Lost Souls
    Twitter @Judging_Jester

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...
    Posts
    2,018

    Talking

    I definitely couldn't put it any better than this:
    Quote Originally Posted by l4j View Post
    Warg.

    What you lack in thumbs, you more than make up for in luxurious fur coat, awesomeness of character, melodious howl, bone crushing jaws, fluffyness of tail, and overall Wargie goodness.


    ________________________
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!
    Eeeespecially the siggy. Nom!
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

    Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    736
    choose with care.....I'm told wargs are being neutered in the next book
    (signature removed due to poor data management)

    Blacktoegash, Blackspeak, Stenchofdeath, Blacktoes, etc ELENDILMIR

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Rez Circle
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurad View Post
    I'm a warg and rank 3 so far, i havent had the time to work on him due to school. But now i have much time and wonders if i should work on him or change class?. I love warg he's so cool, and can hide from freeps, i just killed my first freeps at rank 2 =)))

    Don't add to the warg population, please.

    Make a different type of creep that isn't so tasty for us.
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by deathboy2000 View Post
    choose with care.....I'm told wargs are being neutered in the next book
    As if we really need it...where are you getting this info from?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    Don't add to the warg population, please.

    Make a different type of creep that isn't so tasty for us.
    Not enough reavers and spiders out there for ya? :P

    @OP, Wargs are awesome man, you can't go wrong with a Warg.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    202
    It depends what you want during your time in the ettenmoors.

    If you want to be able to solo kill most of the freeps or take hits while dishing out damage...the warg isn't your best choice.

    If you want to just have fun (which is the wisest choice), AND you're having the most fun on warg, then stick with your's. It's always nice to have another warg for freeps to QQ about.

    P.S A word of advice, while we do have awesome characteristics, you will find you will have difficulties with the following things

    1)Picking up knives, forks, spoons, children, and basically anything smaller than a baby whale

    2) Catching your own tail...sometimes you get the urge during a fight to bite you're tail...it can't be done

    3) Chewing Peanut Butter....freeps sometimes use PB to distract us, and for the record, it works
    Creeps:Lugezer r11
    Freeps: Athelious r5

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eriador
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky100x View Post
    It depends what you want during your time in the ettenmoors.

    If you want to be able to solo kill most of the freeps or take hits while dishing out damage...the warg isn't your best choice.

    If you want to just have fun (which is the wisest choice), AND you're having the most fun on warg, then stick with your's. It's always nice to have another warg for freeps to QQ about.

    P.S A word of advice, while we do have awesome characteristics, you will find you will have difficulties with the following things

    1)Picking up knives, forks, spoons, children, and basically anything smaller than a baby whale

    2) Catching your own tail...sometimes you get the urge during a fight to bite you're tail...it can't be done

    3) Chewing Peanut Butter....freeps sometimes use PB to distract us, and for the record, it works

    *the sounds of snickering howls of Wargie laughter echos across the Ettenmoors*

    You, my Wargie brethren, have just made my morning!
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by l4j View Post
    Warg.

    What you lack in thumbs, you more than make up for in luxurious fur coat, awesomeness of character, melodious howl, bone crushing jaws, fluffyness of tail, and overall Wargie goodness.
    and fleas... don't forget fleas....

    after Helm's Deep, wargs should push for a skill that drops out a cloud of fleas to disorient and confuse their foes if they run through it.

  13. #13
    This is how I do it:

    - my main is a warg. Still good in situations when small groups roam the moors. Be careful around champs and wardens. Turbine miserably fails in designing things consistently. Stance-dance into flayer (in combat) would be really helpful against the DoT madness.

    - for Lugz rez/ Grams camps (majority of time nowadays) I switch to BA. It has at least a somewhat reliable burst dps and is much more stable than a warg. Don't rely on catching freeps going from TR rez to Lugz rez. 9/10 freeps out there nowadays can rez where the action is happening.

    - I used to play spider as 3rd creep. I gave up on it. There are so many LMs/store pots out there that besides on freep greenies the spider CC is just a waste of time. DoTs can be cured. Burst dps is situational useful.

    - in smaller scale camping situations I tend to play WL occasionally. He is R6 and in terms of dps pretty useless. Thanks Turbine for creating a class that actually has to use auto-attacks due to lack of usable skills. What he can do is heal and bubble. And sometimes keeping greenies alive and denying easy renown is the only thing worth accomplishing.

    - don't forget/ignore the dailies. The inf/comms really help on low levels.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eriador
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    and fleas... don't forget fleas....

    after Helm's Deep, wargs should push for a skill that drops out a cloud of fleas to disorient and confuse their foes if they run through it.
    I always thought Fleas were more appropriate for the Orcs.

    Though with the lack of good groomers around Grams, it is hard to maintain the luster of our glorious fur coats. I have found that avoiding Dwarves is a good way to avoid getting fleas. You would be amazed at what grows in those beards!
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurad View Post
    I'm a warg and rank 3 so far, i havent had the time to work on him due to school. But now i have much time and wonders if i should work on him or change class?. I love warg he's so cool, and can hide from freeps, i just killed my first freeps at rank 2 =)))
    The key bit is that you love warg! Wargs pretty much are awesome. They're a great class to learn on, imho, since positional damage matters so much, and picking and choosing your battles (aka knowing the enemy) is important. Same too with debuffs - you have to learn to balance damage moves and debuffing your enemy. Oh, and also learning an effective rotation with animation times and interrupts etc. Lots to learn and many ways to grow! Put it this way: if you're good at warg, you'll be good at just about any other class you ever play.

    Stick with your warg! We're squishy as hell, but the fun more than makes up for it! (And after the Helm's Deep update, the devs will be able to work on balancing out the moors a bit moor so we'll most likely get a smidge stronger.) Check out MrWarg's blog to get yourself all up-to-speed and then get out there and start testing it and learning how to put it all into practice. A well-played warg is about the most fearsome thing on the battlefield and if you start learning early you'll be epic by the time you move up in the rankings.
    lvl 105 Guardian | 102 Mini | 64 Hunter | 46 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

    Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV | Guardian Guide

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Rez Circle
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    Not enough reavers and spiders out there for ya? :P

    @OP, Wargs are awesome man, you can't go wrong with a Warg.


    Come over to Imladris, and check out the 'Moors here. The amount of wargs we have here is disgusting. Add that to the fact the 85% of them are terribad and have an addiction to HIPS.
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Arathaert View Post
    Check out MrWarg's blog to get yourself all up-to-speed and then get out there and start testing it and learning how to put it all into practice.
    Thanks for the plug, but that's the wrong link. This is the correct link.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    Come over to Imladris, and check out the 'Moors here. The amount of wargs we have here is disgusting. Add that to the fact the 85% of them are terribad and have an addiction to HIPS.
    Still?? I was under the impression that the Warg population had gone down since RoI. I guess it hasn't on all servers....

    Stupid flippers :P.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Menomonie, WI
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    Still?? I was under the impression that the Warg population had gone down since RoI. I guess it hasn't on all servers....

    Stupid flippers :P.
    On Silver the warg population has dropped immensely. We have a core of about 15 that play all the time but most have flipped to healers or BA's. Wargs are the one class where I see a well played warg being very successful, even solo and average wargs are getting destroyed.

    Wargs also, at time, make the difference in fights on our server. a solid pack of 6 can completely send a freep raid into a tizzy when a couple of healers start getting "dogged" in the back of the group, it forced a shift in tactics which is often fatal for the freeps. Heck, the bigger the pack the more powerful it becomes...rallying howl ftw!!
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r10 (active) Mini

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    157
    They don't seem to be the first choice pick for filling raid spots. But meh, who needs raids?

    The Stalker is a really well put together class imo.

    Pounce-away.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    AZ, USA
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    Wargs also, at time, make the difference in fights on our server. a solid pack of 6 can completely send a freep raid into a tizzy when a couple of healers start getting "dogged" in the back of the group, it forced a shift in tactics which is often fatal for the freeps.


    Good times
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/722012873lotro_lotro31.png[/img][/url]

    Freeps: 85 mini - Adnia, 85 LM - Sariela
    Creeps: Baldardash (WL), Rigmarole (warg)

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    131
    I'm F2P, so I had to grind to get my warg (only had a few days to do it as it was on sale at the time) not long ago. Best grind I've ever made . Fell in love with the class immediately. Two sites (A Warg's Tale and The Art of Warg) really helped me out and encouraged me to choose the class, so big thanks to Karlikin and MrWarg. I've loved the class since then mainly because I'm not very good, and my main, a reaver, has no real way of getting out of there when things go bad. But on me warg, I can be a bit sneaky and when things take a turn for the worse, I just press a button or two and leave the freep standing there bemused. Very satisfying, stay with warg!
    Dwarrowdelf-Gothash-R9 Reaver
    @Celedreor-R5 Hunter
    'Naked dwarf on fire. That can't be good.'
    ~ Sapience

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn
    Posts
    143
    Im a new player warg. Since I am rank 1, it is sad when I see a freep. Total decimation. But I like wargs, they are awesomely cool. Sprint is incredibly useful, although I am not too fond of the cooldown time. Plus come on, who can get better than slicing with claws and chomping with jaws?

    Since the signature is so darn restrictive:

    Gnashrakh - Rank 4 Orc Reaver of Eldar
    Mazthakh - Rank 1 Warg Stalker of Eldar
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

  24. #24
    wargs get screwed. esp. on brandywine because the freeps are high-rank. it's a joke to even play them, really.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by l4j View Post
    Warg.

    What you lack in thumbs, you more than make up for in luxurious fur coat, awesomeness of character, melodious howl, bone crushing jaws, fluffyness of tail, and overall Wargie goodness.
    This, Even my BA wants to be a warg
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload