We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry Requesting Realistic Downtime Estimates

I think we can all agree that the server downtime estimates are never even close. Can we please get more realistic downtime estimates? I could see if this wasn't a recurring scenario but every time?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100004cebc8/signature.png]Raidfiend[/charsig]
    We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!
    --George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ellemere View Post
    Still 6 minutes to go by my watch. Don't be too hasty to jump on them
    Extended until 1 PM according to Twitter.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    Extended until 1 PM according to Twitter.
    Which is better than usual to be fair people in the past have made a great deal about them not posting timely updates about delays. At least they are warning us in advance this time.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

Maintenance is intended to keep things in good working order. If they've extended the time, it's quite possible they've discovered something in one or more servers that needs attention to keep the world(s) playable.

I'd much rather have the servers remain down for an extra hour during a scheduled maintenance than to have them go down suddenly for several hours or days because something wasn't fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFoster View Post
    I think we can all agree that the server downtime estimates are never even close. Can we please get more realistic downtime estimates? I could see if this wasn't a recurring scenario but every time?
    The server will be down, until it is up. That is about as realistic an estimate as you can get.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    It's generally extended by an hour, so always add one or two to the initial estimate and you have the general idea. There has been the occasional four or five hour extension, but for the most part, it's on or two hours.
    Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

You post this a mere 10 minutes after the downtime is supposed to end. Isn't it a bit unrealistic to start complaining when the maintenance is only 10 minutes overdue? You don't have a Service Level Agreement (SLA) with Turbine or something, do you?

Also, they were about an hour early when they launched Helms Deep. I don't hear anyone praising them for being early for a change. - If you have played this game for some time, you should probably know that maintenance downtimes usually go over a little bit. Why don't you just always plan for that?
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

You do not speak for me.

Sometimes the maintenances ends earlier than even the first estimate.

Considering we haven't had a maintenance in a while, the first two things I did when I saw this thread was roll my eyes and have a /facepalm moment. A little gratitude would go a long way. No gratitude stops things dead in the water.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Yes, sure, this is only an hour. But I hope you all realise the OP certainly has a point. Not even once has the downtime of a major update been accurate. Let be a maintenance. I cannot imagine that other games manage downtimes like this.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.