We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best server for North America east coast?

Sorry for asking this, I know this has been asked a lot but figured the other posts might be outdated. I have played on Brandywine and i know that server is heavily populated but when i went to the town of bree i saw barely anyone. The last time i played this game( which was around the time it went on steam). bree was full of people high lvls and low. now i rarely see anyone anymore.

Also it was on a weekend around noon so i figured that would be the best time for the most players.

That's not really an issue of population, it's that while you were gone those people all levelled up and left Bree for another, higher level quest hub, though some of it may be people trying the game and then leaving (there was a large number of new players generated by Steam listing the game and a lot didn't stay).

You'll pretty much find the same situation on any server. Your best bet for lower level players would be to join the currently recommended server (the first one in the list on the Launcher), but remember that if you leave the game for any length of time then the same thing will likely happen again.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

BW is still the largest sv. People just not hang around Bree any more.

It is also possible that Bree was so full that it became instanced, and you got into the "empty" instance. If you don't see many people but there is a lot of chat going by in the public channels, then that's what's happening.

Many people have higher level characters and if they are in Bree, they may be concentrating on doing whatever they decided to do with their alts. They may not be talking or moving around much. If you ask a question in a public channel, you might find more people out and about than you think.

Also try joining the global chat channel, which on Brandywine is most likely to be GLFF. Type "/joinchannel glff".
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by Hiritier View Post
    BW is still the largest sv. People just not hang around Bree any more.
    not true, about a week ago in another thread sapience stated bw wasn't the biggest one anymore... my guess elendilmir or withy are now also really big... if you go to the advertised server, big chance you will see more lower lvl's so in bree too, higher lvl's (at leist on my server) tend to be in snowbourn or fallows...

Quote Originally Posted by Flixxer View Post
    not true, about a week ago in another thread sapience stated bw wasn't the biggest one anymore... my guess elendilmir or withy are now also really big... if you go to the advertised server, big chance you will see more lower lvl's so in bree too, higher lvl's (at leist on my server) tend to be in snowbourn or fallows...
    The recommended server usually crowded in and after the time it's recommending, but it's only temporary. Brandywine endgame population is quite permanent. Its going down since RoR, but still more crowded than other server. You can check in: http://lux-hdro.de/hdro-live.php. Meneldor is the recommended server now, so it's the most crowded. Withy was the recommended server like a month ago, so it is too, but as you can see the number has going down. Brandywine, is the next one. Elendilmir only = 1/2 Brandywine.

Brandywine has the largest permanent population of all servers.

Withywindle and Meneldor have the largest low level (spike) populations because they are/were the recommended servers for new players.

I play on Brandywine, and Bree is always crowded. Afternoons seem to be hit or miss even on the weekends. Peak server time is in the evenings.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Hi!

Im a player from Europe... But im real life, im a Cook.. My worktime ended at 11pm. I play the game at night... My problem is, normal people sleeping at this time. In Europe. But, America is still be Awake.

Which server is for Eastcoast?

Brandywine?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Hiritier View Post
    The recommended server usually crowded in and after the time it's recommending, but it's only temporary. Brandywine endgame population is quite permanent.
    This is generally true across the game as a whole. Recommended server status will boost low-level population, but that's no guarantee that those new players will join the "endgame" (by which people tend to mean the GLFF/PUG community) population.

Endgame population, by that definition, tends to be fairly constant on a server-by-server basis. Poking around the server-specific and kin recruiting forums here is the only reliable way to take the temperature and find a server with people who are actively doing group content. Short of making alts on every server and lurking in their GLFF equivalents, I guess.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

However, GLFF is not a good indicator of server population.
    Withywindle has a decent population, but GLFF is NEVER used. All of the chatting and grouping goes on in kin chat.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

im on the east coast on landroval and i almost always see at least 1-2 people around me, all the major hubs like bree and thorins hall are pretty filled, out in the landscape you will see a person trot back and forth here and there. A few fellow to help through a deed faster or a quest.

Ok, i started a Char on Brandywine. It was very funny and awesome, see so many people in the Intro Area.. 12-15 online players... I made a good choice i think with Brandywine!

Thx