We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

crafting mastery

i always thought that if i want to use crit chance items in crafting, i have to be master (master expert, master artisan etc)- but today, i saw that i got to be master jeweler (not grand master through), and can use crit items without been grand master.
    so what the complete mastery of crafting levels help? in what a master artisan jeweler is better then an artisan jeweler?

Quote Originally Posted by ParrotGuy View Post
    so what the complete mastery of crafting levels help? in what a master artisan jeweler is better then an artisan jeweler?
    For lower tiers, completing mastery of one tier allows you to start working on mastery of another tier. To use your Artisan example, a jeweller who has not completed Artisan mastery cannot start working on Master mastery, but one who has begun working on Artisan mastery must have completed the mastery of Expert, Journeyman, and Apprentice tiers.

For tiers 6-8 (Supreme, Westfold, Eastemnet), there are some recipes that cannot be learned until the mastery of that tier is completed. Mostly these are guild recipes for the gold crafted relics (Symbol of Battle, etc). In order to learn these recipes at all, you'll need to complete mastery in the recipe's tier and all previous tiers.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]

You DON'T have to complete the Mastery of the Tier to be able to Crit Items
    You just need to have access to the Mastery of the Tier

You do, however, have to Master the Tier to open up the next Mastery Tier
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

oh, so i guess i'll have to gain mastery on jeweler or weaponsmith crafts, but not scholar where i don't need crit too much.