We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

payment to avoid forclosure of a house?!?

Hi anyone know how much it costs to avoid forclosure? I got an email warning me, but when i got into the game all it says when I click on the house info then maintenence, is a link to buying mithril coins and it says I can't afford unlock, but no indication of how much mithril (or gold) it'll cost. I've got a house that cost 7 gold, is that how much i'll have to raise? weird game doesn't hint and nothing on google.

thanks

It depends on how long your house has gone unpaid. The maximum is about 90% of the original "purchase" price. It takes the better part of year to reach that, though.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    It depends on how long your house has gone unpaid. The maximum is about 90% of the original "purchase" price. It takes the better part of year to reach that, though.
    thanks any idea of how many mithril coins it would cost instead of gold? the maintence screen has an option to buy them but gives no hint of how much it might cost.

Quote Originally Posted by suthri View Post
    thanks any idea of how many mithril coins it would cost instead of gold? the maintence screen has an option to buy them but gives no hint of how much it might cost.
    Are you in a kin or have any friends in game? People who are currently playing have ridiculous amounts of gold these days. Giving a friend 5-9 gold to help with foreclosure would be nothing to a lot of people. Just a thought.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000005f578/01000/signature.png]Karaoke[/charsig]

;)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkoftheRealm View Post
    Are you in a kin or have any friends in game? People who are currently playing have ridiculous amounts of gold these days. Giving a friend 5-9 gold to help with foreclosure would be nothing to a lot of people. Just a thought.
    wanna be my friend lol

Quote Originally Posted by suthri View Post
    wanna be my friend lol
    I'm on Vilya and would be happy to give you that amount if you're on there too. I have just under 400 gold and I'm relatively poor compared to a lot of level 85 toons.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000005f578/01000/signature.png]Karaoke[/charsig]

I would like to make a minor point here... In order for you house to be subject to foreclosure at this point, the upkeep hasn't been paid for at least 8 months. If someone neglects their house that long, why should they care if it goes away? Especially considering that neglecting it again for 6 to 12 months will get it foreclosed anyway.

Cool thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkoftheRealm View Post
    I'm on Vilya and would be happy to give you that amount if you're on there too. I have just under 400 gold and I'm relatively poor compared to a lot of level 85 toons.
    very kind but I'm not there

This is a problem that should be addressed. If you don't have sufficient funds to pay for upkeep then there doesn't appear to be any way to see what the cost is - I tested this on a low level character who had no bank and this is what we see:

^ Absolutely no hint there whatsoever. I assume this is what the OP is seeing as well.

A character that had sufficient funds would see something like this:

Perhaps it's not too much to ask Turbine for the costs to be shown in either way, especially now many players will be returning to the game to avoid foreclosures on their property.

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    This is a problem that should be addressed. If you don't have sufficient funds to pay for upkeep then there doesn't appear to be any way to see what the cost is - I tested this on a low level character who had no bank and this is what we see:

^ Absolutely no hint there whatsoever. I assume this is what the OP is seeing as well.

Perhaps it's not too much to ask Turbine for the costs to be shown in either way, especially now many players will be returning to the game to avoid foreclosures on their property.
    Good job testing it out! Does it not give you a tooltip cost when you mouse over the deposit upkeep button? That's really what should happen.

For a seven gold house. The unlock fee could be as high as 6.3 Gold. If you are paying with Mithril Coins you are looking at around 390 Mithril Coins. A Mithril Coin is worth 10 cents. You getting are 16.5 silvers for 1 Mithril Coin or 1.65 silvers per penny. This numbers are based on my own deluxe. Assuming that I am remembering what I have posted in the past few times. I have lost the little piece of paper that I wrote the information on.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Cool thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    For a seven gold house. The unlock fee could be as high as 6.3 Gold. If you are paying with Mithril Coins you are looking at around 390 Mithril Coins. A Mithril Coin is worth 10 cents. You getting are 16.5 silvers for 1 Mithril Coin or 1.65 silvers per penny. This numbers are based on my own deluxe. Assuming that I am remembering what I have posted in the past few times. I have lost the little piece of paper that I wrote the information on.
    guess I'll be out mining over the next few days then

thanks for testing! same problem I had

You have 1406 gold? *falls over and collapses in his garage sale armour*
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    You have 1406 gold? *falls over and collapses in his garage sale armour*
    not bragging but across my 8 characters I have roughly 3000 gold. no screencap available currently so believe me or don't believe me. but also keep in mind he could have a few other characters with that much gold. we roll deep, in fat stacks. like scrooge mcduck in duck tales swimming through his gold coins.

3000 gold is a very attainable sum. I myself have over 12,000 (spread over a few toons)
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C2C2A3][B]ArcticAurora [/B][COLOR=#999966]95 S/B Guard[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ffffff][B]//[/B][/COLOR] [B]Pavello[/B] [COLOR=#999966]95 OP Guard[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ffffff][B]//[/B][/COLOR] [B]Canadian[/B] [COLOR=#999966]95 Capt[/COLOR] ... [SIZE=1]et alts[/SIZE] [/COLOR]
    [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#C2C2A3]2013 Player Councillor[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]//[/B] [SIZE=2][COLOR=#C2C2A3]Rich people would rebuild the Bridge of Khazad-Dûm. Wealthy players fill the great chasm with gold.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [IMG]http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq163/dsrtfx207/rich_zps70199bf0.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    I would like to make a minor point here... In order for you house to be subject to foreclosure at this point, the upkeep hasn't been paid for at least 8 months. If someone neglects their house that long, why should they care if it goes away? Especially considering that neglecting it again for 6 to 12 months will get it foreclosed anyway.
    ^^This^^
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000017c1c6/01008/signature.png]Grumpii[/charsig]