We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Helegrod Dragon Wing Bugged?

I have has the quest reclaiming eregions gift for about three months now, and have struggled to get people interested in doing any of the helgerod wings because the loot drops are so poor, and the final wing is a 24 man raid which does not help.

About 2 weeks ago I finally managed to get a group of 10 people to run all 4 wings, and was over the moon when we finally brought the dragon thorog down as i believed i would be able to finally finish the quest that i have had for so long.

However, the axe required for the quest (Mirdanant) did not drop and the dragons corpse simply disappeared and so nobody in the raid was able to loot the corpse (either for the trophy or the quest item). As I was not the only person who needed this quest the majority of us decided to run it again, and for a 2nd time we managed to defeat the dragon (although harder this time due to several people dropping out). Yet again though, the corpse disappeared and there was no trace of the required axe or even the trophy. Also the deed Thorog Defeated did not update for me (or my father who was also in the raid).

I contacted an ingame gm who advised me that they cannot help and to submit a ticket, which i did immediately and it was closed almost straight the way saying that this is not a known issue and that i needed to submit a bug report. So I submitted a bug report (one for each run) and several other people in the raid have done too. I have also raised a ticket on the turbine website but have had no response as of yet.

Does anyone know why the axe Mirdanant did not drop? Or how I can actually get the problem fixed? Because I am getting a little bit frustrated by the fact that nothing appears to be being done to fix the problem. I would not mind so much if these raids could be easily done, but as i mentioned previously it is very hard to get people willing to run 1 wing, let alone all 4 (as you need to run the first 3 to get access to the 4th) abd am feeling pretty loathed to try again only to be let down for a third time.

Many Thanks

Skallolf

I believe you need to set the instance at a higher level - no more than 7 levels below you (green) - for the quests to update properly.

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    I believe you need to set the instance at a higher level - no more than 7 levels below you (green) - for the quests to update properly.
    I asked the GM this and he said that it doesnt matter and should update on min level as it is a level 50 quest, and the instance (although scalable) is a lvl 50 instance. Besides which, it would be impossible to get 24 85's interested in running it as the loot drops are almost non existent - here on dwarrodelf I am regularly told that it is a waste of their time because there is nothing worth getting at the end

I'm not sure if it's the same for all Helegrod quests, but to get Fangs for Nothing done at lvl 85 - for the [Scroll of the Ages] - requires the instance to be set at lvl 78 for the quest to update.

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the same for all Helegrod quests, but to get Fangs for Nothing done at lvl 85 - for the [Scroll of the Ages] - requires the instance to be set at lvl 78 for the quest to update.
    I really don't know mely, but thanks for the reply anyway - Like i said the Gm i spoke to seemed convinced that as reclaiming eregions gift is a level 50 quest then it should automatically drop the axe mirdanant upon his death - regardless of what level it is ran at - I only know that i tried twice Once at level 50 and i believe the 1st run was at lvl 60 (cant quite remember what level i was at the time though) and the axe did not drop either time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skallolf View Post
    (either for the trophy or the quest item
    Don't think the trophy drops from the corpse anymore. Like the Sambrog trophy, you can barter for it at a skirmish camp.
    [B][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000e0d13/signature.png]fearthereaver[/charsig][/B]

Our Kin ran Thorog at 85 last night and were able to loot the corpse, collect Mirdanant and hand in the quest.
    Dams (Guardian) - Damz (Hunter) - Damms (Minstrel)

Dragonfly

Not sure why it didnt work for us then at all - but there were at least half of us that couldn't complete the quest

BTW, just an fyi for people who think it needs to be ran on a higher level but when we ran it on level 50 - there were at least 4 level 50-somethings that could also not loot the corpse for the axe - so this glitch seemed to affect all levels on our two runs. No one in the raids got Mirdanant at all.

Besides which, it would be impossible to get 24 85's interested in running it as the loot drops are almost non existent - here on dwarrodelf I am regularly told that it is a waste of their time because there is nothing worth getting at the end
    On my server, I'm aware of at least one group that seems to run it weekly at 85. But yes I'm pretty sure that's your problem, too low level.

Helegrod Quests have always been somewhat buggy in my experience.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    Helegrod Quests have always been somewhat buggy in my experience.
    I think that is the case Grimdi, I think a lot of people just automatically assume that the level is the issue, but if a GM can assure me it isn't and the low levels in the group have the same problem then there is clearly an issue here that has nothing to do with level. It would be nice to know that this could be fixed, but sadly I am afraid it will just be forgotten by the [eople that can actually do something about it.

I must admit that I have only been playing for 7 months so far but this has very much so soured my lotro experience.

The Rivendell based Helegrod quest loots are indeed bugged. There appears to be no pattern as to whether or not you'll receive the quest item from the corpse. I think I had to do Thorog around 10 or so times (maybe more.. I don't remember) before I got my axe quest item.

One of the issues is that sometimes people will create the instance before the group is full. If you get invited to the raid after the instance is created you're more likely to not get the quest item.

Best to just get all 12 people going into a raid group and THEN create the instance.

Even then you're not guaranteed to get the quest item. I was so glad to finally get that quest done.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    The Rivendell based Helegrod quest loots are indeed bugged. There appears to be no pattern as to whether or not you'll receive the quest item from the corpse. I think I had to do Thorog around 10 or so times (maybe more.. I don't remember) before I got my axe quest item.

One of the issues is that sometimes people will create the instance before the group is full. If you get invited to the raid after the instance is created you're more likely to not get the quest item.

Best to just get all 12 people going into a raid group and THEN create the instance.

Even then you're not guaranteed to get the quest item. I was so glad to finally get that quest done.
    Thanks Chromite, that makes an awful lot of sense - I will probably run it again some day but am still a bit busy licking my wounds over it all and taking some time away (a few days) from the game. I love the game so much but bugs like this can really knock the wind out of you when you are immersed in the quests. It really is a shame that things like this don't get fixed.

Well my group ran Thorog at 85 yesterday. We didn't beat it, but I did notice that when I moused over Thorog, the Mirdanant quest was listed as one of the quests in his text box, so I'm pretty sure I would've gotten credit for it if we beat him. Do you remember if you saw that quest listed when you ran it?

PS. I joined the raid before it was full and we were already in the instance.

Besides which, it would be impossible to get 24 85's interested in running it as the loot drops are almost non existent - here on dwarrodelf I am regularly told that it is a waste of their time because there is nothing worth getting at the end
    Knights of the White Cross @ Dwarrowdelf completed it @ 85 last Friday with 14(?) 85's, so you don't need a full 24.

As for the loot, earring of strengthened resolve dropped, which left a few of us casters drooling and saddened that Helegrod still has locks so we couldn't farm for it
    [SIZE=3]NO SLEEP 'TILL MORDOR!![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by q945 View Post
    As for the loot, earring of strengthened resolve dropped, which left a few of us casters drooling and saddened that Helegrod still has locks so we couldn't farm for it
    You can farm Ost Dunhoth disease wing (trees) as well as one of the Fornost wings (water?) for earrings with identical stats.

Quote Originally Posted by q945 View Post
    Knights of the White Cross @ Dwarrowdelf completed it @ 85 last Friday with 14(?) 85's, so you don't need a full 24.

Well if you guys run it again, pls give e a shout - I'm a level 80 champ atm (almost 81) and will literally run this is amnay times as i need to for the quest item to drop. Pls send me a message in game and I will respond asap.