We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Not received referral points.

Hi,
    I recruited my friend using the referral system back in 2011. Today, he purchased £25 worth of turbine points on the in-game store, so I understand I'm meant to receive 20% of that. However, I have not received any points as yet. Does anyone know how long it takes for referral points to be available for redemption? I am looking at http://my.lotro.com/referral. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure your friend has been listed as referred by you? I don't know if you can check names (probably not due to privacy laws etc.).

If you did bring him to the game, and you didn't get your share of TP, submit a ticket to account support. They should be able to fix this for you (but you might have to wait up to 2 weeks for an answer and you need to reply to the automated email after submitting the ticket). Calling is another option if you live in the states or don't mind paying the fees.
    Fordil of Landroval, Minstrel officer of The Alliance

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips

From the Announcing the LOTRO Referral Program! FAQ:
    My friend just bought some points. Where’s my bonus?
    Bonus points are usually credited once per day for the previous day’s activity. If your friend buys points today you will generally see your bonus come through the following day, though it can sometimes take an additional day for credits to post.

The referral program currently states 10%, but I seem to recall when it was started they were running a special for 20%. I know it was for a limited time but I don't recall the exact details. If the points still don't show up then contact Account Management about it.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

RE: Not received referral points

I recruited the friend during the special offer of 20%. He's definitely listed, and he's definitely using the same account I recruited him on. How do I contact account support?

You can either send a ticket (don't forget to reply to the automated email, saying that you require help from a staff member, but don't change the subject line), or call them at 1-855-WBGAMES (10am-7pm EST, 7 days/week).

Tickets may take up to 2 weeks to be answered (that was the estimated waiting time a few weeks back, no clue if it is any better by now), phone calls are faster (even though you may be in a queue for a while) but may not be an option if you don't live in the US.

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips

Quote Originally Posted by Thornelas View Post
    You can either send a ticket (don't forget to reply to the automated email, saying that you require help from a staff member, but don't change the subject line), or call them at 1-855-WBGAMES (10am-7pm EST, 7 days/week).

Tickets may take up to 2 weeks to be answered (that was the estimated waiting time a few weeks back, no clue if it is any better by now), phone calls are faster (even though you may be in a queue for a while) but may not be an option if you don't live in the US.
    Thanks a million for your help.

No problem mate, hope your problem is fixed soon

Update

Just to update, I submitted a support ticket. Turbine got in touch 2 days later asking for a screenshot of the referral page. 3 days later, they manually credited me with all 670 points I was owed, and helped me with another unrelated issue while they were at it! Brilliant service, pleasantly surprised at how helpful they were.

Happy for you! Spread the word, let the people know there are others around here than those who only have negative comments to post about customer service!