We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

In retrospect. (Creeps Only Please)

I was in a group tonite helping some newer players setup quickslots and giving a few other tips when a conversation came up about how Didnthurt/Glee use to build his army. He was probably one of the most persistent at helping others with maps, ranking and teaching them the ropes of playing a Creep.

Not only have I witnessed Didnthurt do this but most recently as in the past, Grog has championed many a new player.

It seems to me that we've recently dropped the ball in this area when it comes to our renowned Creep community.
    I've also noticed a lot of new players who seem to be sticking around and lacking the support of our community.

So I'd like to call out and have us, as a community, step up to the task. You don't have to be a leader to call out for Map Groups or to take a little time to help someone new to learn the ropes.

Our overall numbers are good here on Gladden in spit of the Freep Opness. I see the potential for more of those Epic old school battles if we simply take a little more time with the newer folks that come along.

Who knows, maybe if we get organized, we might just wipe out those nasty ol Freeps once and for all...
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

I used to do this a lot, but slowly got tired of dealing with people. Been thinking about picking up again, but just dunno; people are jerks more often than not. I'm willing to try if nothing else.

Minas Morgul, previously Angmar, Read the books casual.
    I've always handed out free advices to those willing to listen. I have also noticed the decrease in helpfulness, people are willing to flame now more then ever. However there are cases where you just want to stop and make a run for it. I mean how hard is it to enable voice? I had this guy once who said his mother didn't allow him to have voice on...

However the majority is helpful and somewhat sarcastic at the same time. Whenever I ask for action there is a 85% chance for no answer at all. Ask anything else, you'll get lots of replies which are meant to be funny/helpful etc.

However new people who make mistakes now are treated worse than ever.
    Take afires, I'm not entirely sure he even know what farming means yet he's flamed for it on glff, in raids etc.. it strange that people go to such lengths to flame a person who probably don't have a clue about how to get to GV without map, no offence. It is just an example of how a person is treated after making a mistake. It's ok, he's a farmer, he had it coming, but I see this flame towards him every day now and I'm sick of it. I barely see him in the Moors at all and I kick his &&& whenever he shows up and I end it there. I don't flame him afterwards. Does his farming mean that I can't play the game? Does his farming ruin the community? Does his farming mean that he got anything to say in the future? answer to these are no. So instead of flaming him all the time. /Ignore him and leave him to his own business. after all he's a noob to the Moors isn't he? I've never seen him before anyways.

I also see new players who screw up in raids and end up on the leader's ignore list. If 1 of the 3-4 raid leaders the creeps have it will make a dramatic difference in his attempt to learn the game and become good at it.

I do however require a basic kindness, an average IQ and somewhat English resembling writing. Taldag was such an excellent find when she started. Tried teaching her the basics until I realised she doesn't share my humor in any way at all so I had to drop that one. If people are so kind to take some of their time to teach you how to run things then you shall listen, be kind and show respect. Showing some sense of understanding and humor is always welcome too.

Credits list:
    Grimphore for teaching me about captains.
    Vinner/Viceras for teaching me some manners in the Moors.
    Incendio/Grogog/Davencreep for showing me how to raid.

I was on creep for an hour or two yesterday with a friend. Kept getting ganked, called the freeps out, but everyone seemed to be busy pvping in ooc. It's a trend I've noticed when i do come on, and i can only imagine how the new people feel.

Once I rank up my champ, I will be more than willing to do this. I am usually on around noon or so during the week, so I can help out with map groups then with whoever wants or needs them. I'd say I'd would be out there more often at the start of August or maybe slightly before.

Im down for helping out people, I have some new toons i need to work on maps for. But we especially need to help out the new reaver, wls, and defilers. Not as many of those around as need be, though i think folks just have a love for playing as a dog. But i will start doing when i come on cause generally there is not many freeps out are its a freaking 1v1 tourney.

Honestly, it's as simple as giving out free map quest items (elf ears, legs of man, food bags, isen ore, oil, you know the bunch) and giving out free advice on how to play classes. Some will receive it with enthusiasm, and improve themselves afterwards. The ones who don't, won't, but I'm sure it's worth the risk; quest items are too easy to get nowadays in raids, and gold is useless, so why sell/destroy em when someone else can use them?

Also, in terms of advice, I mean I still remember way back in MoM when Yarian gave me advice on how to play a PvE hunter. Now my playstyle is VERY different, and I'd like to think I've improved a lot over those few years. But the point is, that improvement probably wouldn't even have taken place if not for someone taking the time to sit down for a half hour and tediously type tells back and forth until some newbie off in the distant cyberspace understood some vague concepts about basic fighting. It may not seem like it's worth it at the time, but I can tell you that I still remember it solely because it encouraged me to start improving, and improve I did.

The problem that we have currently is that veterans no longer do this. Veterans are more interested in epeening in OOC and raging about how "awful the new creeps are" (I can't tell you how often I've seen that idiotic phrase coming from several different people who I will not name, but I mean, who gives a **** about your opinion of new players, you were new once too) than they are teaching new players how to improve themselves and have more fun in the game while doing so.

I left this game because of the obscene amount of drama AND the poor PvP. But I think we all know which of those two came first.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    Credits list:
    Vinner for teaching me some manners in the Moors.
    Appreciate the credit Ting haha . Dam right, I was very patient with your noob ace . Fortunately, patience is a virtue, and you've become better from learning. Unfortunately some noobs take longer or don't learn at all. An example of someone taking a while is Luuked or Ardook and he finally learned (for the most part). Someone who never learned unfortunately was Thugglife, and I made an example of him, so nbd haha. I tried with Duimegrant too, but he just refuses to listen. I talked to him a bit though, good guy, but stupid and doesn't really how terrible of a champion he is and refuses to get better lol.

Anyway, I was always very patient with people and tried to help them; me knowing I gave an effort to try and help people become better players/people in pvp is all I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    I was in a group tonite helping some newer players setup quickslots and giving a few other tips when a conversation came up about how Didnthurt/Glee use to build his army. He was probably one of the most persistent at helping others with maps, ranking and teaching them the ropes of playing a Creep.

Not only have I witnessed Didnthurt do this but most recently as in the past, Grog has championed many a new player.

It seems to me that we've recently dropped the ball in this area when it comes to our renowned Creep community.
    I've also noticed a lot of new players who seem to be sticking around and lacking the support of our community.

So I'd like to call out and have us, as a community, step up to the task. You don't have to be a leader to call out for Map Groups or to take a little time to help someone new to learn the ropes.

Our overall numbers are good here on Gladden in spit of the Freep Opness. I see the potential for more of those Epic old school battles if we simply take a little more time with the newer folks that come along.

Who knows, maybe if we get organized, we might just wipe out those nasty ol Freeps once and for all...
    I try to do my part. I don't really need quest items/gold on creepside so whenever I finish raiding on creepside, I usually sit at Grams and offer new creeps w/ any quest items I accumulated during the night and give 'em 20g. Probably done this for more than two dozen creeps in the past month. I also try to give advice on a class I'm familiar with when I see a question pop up in terms of corruption and traits. Be it generally speaking, or for 1v1s (which has been more the case lately).
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Jul 14 2013 at 02:49 AM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]