We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How much empty room do you think there will be?

So, we all know that sometime this month (likely later this month on the 27th, according to this post, assuming that 11.2 doesn't accidentally push it back even further...) a ton of houses will open up. Like, a lot.

Is anyone else curious to see how many players who owned houses have come and gone? I am, and I was really, really bored one day, so... I decided to see how the housing market looked on Elendilmir. These numbers are from about a week ago so there are likely a couple new neighborhoods and taken homes since then.

If you're really, really bored one day, or are trying to find a way to procrastinate, then this is one way to do it. Then, about a... week, maybe, after the old houses have been on the market and people have moved into their desired locations, you can count it again!

I also added how many empty standards there were on average per neighborhood more or less to show that people, overall, like more storage. If Turbine ended up allowing all houses to have 2 chests (with the second chest for the standard houses coming at a 6 gold price for the purchase differences between the two housing types) you would likely see a lot more standards in use, mostly for the people who use the house for storage... which is many.

So here are the numbers at the beginning of July for Elendilmir:

214 Elf neighborhoods:
    Empty: 1355 standard, 21 deluxe, 493 kins
    6.33 empty standards per neighborhood.

109 dwarf neighborhoods:
    Empty: 464 standard, 3 deluxe, 230 kins
    4.26 empty standards per neighborhood.

145 hobbit neighborhoods:
    Empty: 438 standard, 26 deluxe, 322 kins
    3.02 empty standards per neighborhood.

250 Mannish neighborhoods:
    Empty: 394 standard, 1 deluxe, 536 kins
    1.58 empty standards per neighborhood.

Feeling bored? Need something to keep your busy while you procrastinate on something important? Post your server's numbers here! Then post them again in about a month or so after the housing market opens again! Fun fun.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

I ran around the two neighborhoods that I have a single each in. All the homes are bought. Most are going to on sale when foreclosure occurs.

I did manage to find a home on Meneldor that I have maintenance access to. It is locked at the maximum fee of 90%. The current foreclosure date on that home is July 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM EDT (GMT-4). That date and time may get pushed out. No idea how much variation between servers and homes since I only have one data point.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Empty/Available Houses : Crickhollow 7-12-2013

Great idea.

Here are the numbers on Empty/Available Houses for
    CRICKHOLLOW as of 7/1/2013:

Falathorn
    Neighborhoods Total: 123
    Standard: 551
    Deluxe:22
    Kinship: 288

Thorins-Gate
    Neighborhoods Total: 57
    Standard: 46
    Deluxe: 22
    Kinship: 160

Shire
    Neighborhoods Total: 85
    Standard: 141
    Deluxe: 12
    Kinship: 238

Bree-Land
    Neighborhoods Total: 261
    Standard: 37
    Deluxe: 402
    Kinship: 775

While I can't get in game to post numbers regarding the server I play on, I can tell you that yesterday I decided to wander around my neighborhood to see how many houses will likely open up. Only 4 houses were not locked due to failure to pay upkeep.

I'd love to have more neighbors on my street, but I don't see that happening. The same houses are still for sale on my street like they were when I moved into the new housing area 2 years ago.

I guess the Elf housing boom has been over on Dwarrowdelf for some time.
    [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Loriandrel 85 Elf Hunter[/COLOR]--[/B][B][COLOR=#0000ff]Loriandra 85 Woman Champion[/COLOR][/B][B]--[/B][B][COLOR=#ffd700]Lorrawyn 68 Elf Rune-keeper[/COLOR][/B][B]--
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]Lorrell 55 Woman Warden [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Lorieth 53 Woman Lore-master[/COLOR]--[COLOR=#008000]Lorifindel 33 Elf Guardian---[/COLOR]Dwarrowdelf[/B]

Elf housing on Brandywine

217 Neighborhoods
    0 Singles
    0 Deluxes

Breeland housing on Brandywine
    325 neighborhoods (max)
    0/0 personal homes

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax389 View Post
    Elf housing on Brandywine

217 Neighborhoods
    0 Singles
    0 Deluxes
    Brandywine:

Thorin's Hall Homesteads - no personal homes available
    Shire Homesteads - no personal homes available
    Geddi of Brandywine
    Level 65 Dwarven Minstrel of Questionable Ability
    Member of The Knights Of Dol Amroth

These Numbers are proof... There are TOOOOO many kin homes.. Kin houses should honestly be 1 per neighborhood with the # of houses avalible infinite. Spawn house and type when they buy the plot. Then kinships could own whole neighborhoods.

But Barring that.... They should really see the demand is for Deluxe homes and eliminate a kin house or 2 per area in favor of a Deluxe home.

Honestly i pray they make Advanced housing and give us Housing in the higher level areas. Galadrim Tree houses, Rohan Man homes Moria dwarf.. Ect ect.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000009809f/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I've wondered how in the world they ended up with a hardcoded 325 neighborhoods. Does the whole thing add up to 1024 and there is an overflow somewhere so they can't make any more? I understand that there would be an issue that when they hit 326 there wouldn't be a name for neighborhood, but nobody could break out a Tolkien atlas (or simply use the random name generator used in the character generator) at all?

You would think it would occur to Turbine that 1 account is likely 1 house. Especially if they designed housing before f2p and would expect people to play for at least a month or two on every account.

One day to go until houses open up, and I figure I'd get my other server, Landroval, skipping the kin houses because I didn't want that much of a headache:

250 Elf neighborhoods:
    Empty: 1413 standard, 10 deluxe

130 dwarf neighborhoods:
    Empty: 555 standard, 15 deluxe

205 hobbit neighborhoods:
    Empty: 513 standard, 12 deluxe

325 Mannish neighborhoods:
    Empty: 43 standard, 0 deluxe

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Personally I'd like to see kinship houses available for nonkinships. I've been trying for quite some time to create a new account so I can get all my characters from my main account in to a kinship to get a kinship house. But I just can not create a new account.

Believe me I have been all over this for months, the account creation page just absolutely refuses to let me create a new account. Apparently it was a miracle I was able to create one in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    Personally I'd like to see kinship houses available for nonkinships. I've been trying for quite some time to create a new account so I can get all my characters from my main account in to a kinship to get a kinship house. But I just can not create a new account.

Believe me I have been all over this for months, the account creation page just absolutely refuses to let me create a new account. Apparently it was a miracle I was able to create one in the first place.
    Since the latest update, the account creation page was down for me as well. It came back up sometime yesterday. Don't know if you've tried today or not.
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 20 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    This August is our 7th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    Since the latest update, the account creation page was down for me as well. It came back up sometime yesterday. Don't know if you've tried today or not.
    Going to try to post again, apparently the forum is erroring out badly.

I have been trying to register a new account for quite some time; several months. Same issue every time, it doesn't like the name, wont take it. That is regardless of the name, I have tried a couple of dozen. Hate to think how many new players this has cost the game because I certainly can't be the only one with the issue. Most newbies will give it a few trys, give up and move on with out notifying anyone.