We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Spider silk cloak - does it scale?

Hi! I'm interested in the Spider-silk cloak (Sheer prefix when teal!). I have it in wardrobe since cap 85 on my regular server but not on the server I sometimes play during RP events. At cap 85, the cloak would loot in Scuttledells T1C. I'm sure it can loot in T1 Challenge at current cap 100 as well.

My interest is if this cloak can be had scaled from level 45 and up (teal or purple, doesn't matter) so I can grab it for wardrobe on my old xp-stopped level 50 RP server alt.

I am aware that the same exact cosmetic can be had in Great River at end of Thinglad start area quests, Cloak of the Unwelcome Guest - but I would like to avoid taking an alt on that server to 70 just for a cloak. My old RP event alt will remain xp-stopped at 50.

You will have some problem to find a U9 loot item...
    Last edited by Castorix; Feb 02 2015 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Ohh, do you think it only loots some of the regular scaled items now? That would be a shame

Thank you...hadn't even considered that.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Macroscian, Castorix would be correct. With each level cap increase, the skins of all scaled instance loot tend to change. For example, that Spider-silk Cloak you're looking for? It was a U9-U11 item when the cap was 85. That meant when U12 came around, and the cap went to 95, the old skins were pulled from the loot tables and replaced with generic loot. The same thing happened when the cap changed to 100 with U14. Even though the generic names stayed, the skins once again changed.

It does sound like you have your heart set on that cloak. I do understand you don't want to level an alt to 70 just for the cloak, so I can offer you an option. This will be a long shot. Check the AH constantly for it. I still see jewellery from the 85 days being sold, so I know it's not impossible to find it. Ask in /world or /glff too. Someone could still have a copy floating around and be willing to sell it or lend it to you for your wardrobe.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Ohh, do you think it only loots some of the regular scaled items now? That would be a shame
    Thank you...hadn't even considered that.
    U9, U10, U11 items are still in the Items database, but not in the Loot Tables of instances (only U12.1 actually in all instances), so impossible to get now from instances.
    I would like, like some other people, a replacement of the broken U12.1 Loot Table by these old and nice Loot Tables, with some updates (to compete essences among other things)