We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I need some urgent Help regarding some queries

hello ! i am new player here with many queries in my mind , i have also gone through the FAQ's regarding my query. but i need some detailed info regarding some of my questions regarding this game, the QUESTIONS are as follows :

1. how do i know on which update i am playing this game? OR how do i know the latest patch updated in my game folder ( like the latest is 11.1) ...how do i know it ?

2. Difference between EXPANSION PACKS and quest pack ? to play the expansion packs do i hv to pay TURBINE with REAL CASH ? or do i just farm TP and buy it from LOTRO STORE ? will that be OK !

3.housing system/problem.....i was reading through the patch notes 11.1 regarding the housing problem. as many of my friends play in brandywine ...and i too wanna join brandywine , but there is a lack of houses (deluxe and standard) except the kinship's , will there be any chance of introducing new housing regions by turbine ?

4. and last of all .... to the GAME MANAGERS ....please take a look in the in-game dealing regarding housing ...peoples buy more than 2-3 houses and sell them later on with high prices ...

Lastly, thank you for reading through this query, please be specific while answwering to it ....i will be waiting eagerly for a good and detailed answer ! thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by supermanxxx View Post
    1. how do i know on which update i am playing this game? OR how do i know the latest patch updated in my game folder ( like the latest is 11.1) ...how do i know it ?
    The game patches itself to the latest release. So, your installation is always up-to-date, only you might won't have access to all content depending on your type of account (free/premium/VIP).
    2. Difference between EXPANSION PACKS and quest pack ? to play the expansion packs do i hv to pay TURBINE with REAL CASH ? or do i just farm TP and buy it from LOTRO STORE ? will that be OK !
    Expansion packs include everything like deeds, quests, instances, etc. Afaik you can access all regions without buying but you cannot do any quests or deeds there what means you can level only by killing/grinding stuff there. Quest-Packs gain you access to the quests of a single region but won't include instances.
    You can buy turbine points for real money or grind them ingame in doing deeds (which you might have to buy before), they reward you with 5-20 TP each.
    But you need alot of grind as expansions are usually around ~2000 TP. Can't say anything about the Quest-Packs, but they're cheaper.
    3.housing system/problem.....i was reading through the patch notes 11.1 regarding the housing problem. as many of my friends play in brandywine ...and i too wanna join brandywine , but there is a lack of houses (deluxe and standard) except the kinship's , will there be any chance of introducing new housing regions by turbine ?
    According to the latest Q&A released, it's not on there short- or middle-term-planning.

1. The launcher will always update to the latest release and won't start the game unless you are properly patched up to the same update as everybody else.

2. An expansion pack is a bundle of several store items. It typically contains a questpack but might also contain other unlockable content like instance packs (Isengard & Rohan), access to premium classes (Moria) and similar.

You can buy all parts of an expansion pack piecemeal or buy the bundle (which usually is quite a bit cheaper than all of its parts bought seperately).

One exception to the above is Mirkwood, which technically is an expansion pack, but since the content only consisted of a quest pack (the Mirkwood quest pack does include the instances, unlike later expansions that separated instance cluster and lanscape quests/deeds) and a minor increase of the skirmish soldier max-level (which is also included in the level increases from later expansions), it is no longer offered as an expansion pack in the ingame store.

A questpack unlocks quests and deeds in a region. Some of these include instances or even instance clusters (e.g. Fornost in the North Downs, In their Absence as part of Enedwaith). The ones that are not part of expansions are included with vip access.

3. If you are looking for a house near friends/kin, keep an eye on those houses in the neighbourhood that have been empty for a while. If no rent is paid, they will eventually go back to the housing broker, with the first wave coming in in a few weeks.

4. I'm not sure what you mean about people selling houses for high prices. You can only have one house per account, and can not transfer ownership to another accout, only abandone the house which then gets listet at the housing broker for its regular price again.

Thanks for this reply ..guys !

Last question ......when will be this latest 11.1 patch will be launching ???

12th july 2013 ? If i am not wrong !

11.1 is the current live version. There is no official release date for 11.2 yet (it was just put on the beta server yesterday).
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by Erastholin View Post
    The game patches itself to the latest release. So, your installation is always up-to-date, only you might won't have access to all content depending on your type of account (free/premium/VIP).
    Just adding here: you may not have access to quests/deeds/instances... until you buy the corresponding quest pack or expansion, but you can explore any area you want without owning it (given that you match the requirements to enter that area). VIPs "rent" access to all quest packs, but not expansions. They can do quests and deeds in any area but the expansions while their VIP is active, but once it expires they won't be able to start new quests or deeds (you can finish the ones you already started though). Expansion content has to be bought by everyone.

Expansion packs include everything like deeds, quests, instances, etc. Afaik you can access all regions without buying but you cannot do any quests or deeds there what means you can level only by killing/grinding stuff there. Quest-Packs gain you access to the quests of a single region but won't include instances.
    Regular quest packs will include instances, it's only the quest packs of expansion areas that don't include them. Example: the Eregion quest pack will include the instances of Eregion, but the Moria quest pack won't. In order to get access to Moria instances, you have to buy the full expansion pack or buy the instance cluster separately if you already own the quest pack. Full expansion packs usually also include other goodies like the RK and warden class + 2 extra character slots per server in the Moria package.

You can buy turbine points for real money or grind them ingame in doing deeds (which you might have to buy before), they reward you with 5-20 TP each.
    But you need alot of grind as expansions are usually around ~2000 TP. Can't say anything about the Quest-Packs, but they're cheaper.
    You can buy anything from the LOTRO store that VIPs have without spending one cent of real money on this game, except access to swift travel in the stables and access to the Ettenmoors with non-monster characters. However, it takes A LOT of time and patience to grind all the TP needed to buy these things. Personally, I advise going VIP for 1 month (but not right from the start, wait until 30 or so), and create a few characters when you're VIP. Every character that you log in to while the subscription is active will have some benefits that last after the subscription ends. You can find more info about that ]here[/url].

About the costs of quest packs and expansions: regular quest pack cost varies between 595-795TP if I remember correctly, but I'm not sure about that. Expansions are more expensive and cost up to 4295TP. You can save a lot of TP by waiting for a pack to go on sale (currently Rohan is on sale until today, also the last chance you have to buy the Heroic or Legendary editions of that expansion). A lot of people buy the regular quest packs instead of the full expansions, but it's more expensive to buy the quest pack and instance cluster separately, the problem is to save up that large amount of TP...

Anyways, I think I've advertised enough here... If you have any more questions, feel free to ask
    Fordil of Landroval, Minstrel officer of The Alliance

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips

4. and last of all .... to the GAME MANAGERS ....please take a look in the in-game dealing regarding housing ...peoples buy more than 2-3 houses and sell them later on with high prices ...
    House selling was a big problem in Turbine's first game - Asheron's Call. One guy was making thousands of dollars a year selling homes. Our housing has been changed to make it much more difficult.

It is not possible to sell a home with any degree of success. Each account can only have one home on a server. In theory, you could pay a home owner to abandon their home. Buy the home when it goes back on sale. The difficulty is that no one when the home will be refurbished and placed on sale. After you abandon a home, there is an unknown random time before the house is buyable. When someone recently abandoned the home with the intention of transfer, they got bored after waiting three hours. All they know for that particular home is that it went on sale somewhere between 3-24 hours after it was abandoned.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

2. Difference between EXPANSION PACKS and quest pack?
    Well, there are actually three separate types: Quest Packs, Expansion Quests, and Expansions.

Quest Packs:
    These include all the non-epic quests and deeds in regions that are part of the base game rather than part of an expansion. They include: North Downs, Trollshaws, Evendim, Misty Mountains, Forochel, Angmar, Eregion, Lothlórien, Enedwaith, Great River, and Wildermore. Players with a paid VIP subscription get access to all of these for as long as their subscription remains active. Anyone else can buy them from the LOTRO Store at prices ranging from 595 to 797 Turbine Points per region (or less if they're on sale).

Expansion Quests:
    Expansion Quests came about by sub-dividing expansions into separate parts so that players who wanted to could purchase just the parts they were interested in. Expansion quests are a lot like regular quest packs, in that they include the quests and deeds in a particular region. But because they came as part of an expansion, they are not included with a VIP subscription the way regular quest packs are. They can be purchased in the LOTRO Store, at 695 TP for Mirkwood or I think it's 1495 TP for each of the others (Moria, Isengard, Rohan).

Expansions:
    These are larger additions to the game, bigger areas with more quests, and often extra features added to the game as well. VIPs do not get access to these as part of their subscription, so they have to be purchased separately by anyone. They can be purchased either with cash or with Turbine Points. An expansion always includes its associated Expansion Quests, and in most cases includes other things as well. In the case of Moria, the expansion includes the Warden and Rune-keeper classes and a couple extra character slots. In the cases of Isengard and Rohan, the expansion includes the instance cluster for the region. Mirkwood (which was a smaller expansion than any of the others) is a bit different, in that it didn't come with enough extra features to sub-divide that way, so in that case, the Expansion Quests are the entire thing and there is no extra Expansion bundle.

to play the expansion packs do i hv to pay TURBINE with REAL CASH ? or do i just farm TP and buy it from LOTRO STORE ? will that be OK !
    You can get them all with TP that you farm in-game, but it takes a lot of TP and a lot of patience to farm that much. (Turbine's business model is counting on most players not having that much patience and resorting to the much quicker way of paying cash. But at least they're generous enough to make it possible to farm an unlimited amount of points for those players with the patience to do so.)

Not a new housing region, but they did recently implement a change where houses that have been locked out for over 180 days for not paying the upkeep fees will get a foreclosure notice and 60 days in which to pay it off or lose their house, which is returned to the housing broker where another player can buy it. The first round of foreclosures will happen 60 days after that change was implemented, so there should be a bunch of houses newly available after July 12th. (Of course, on Brandywine, there's also a backlog of players who have been waiting for a chance to get one. Hopefully, there will be enough houses coming available for the number of people waiting to immediately snatch them up.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    The difficulty is that no one when the home will be refurbished and placed on sale. After you abandon a home, there is an unknown random time before the house is buyable. When someone recently abandoned the home with the intention of transfer, they got bored after waiting three hours. All they know for that particular home is that it went on sale somewhere between 3-24 hours after it was abandoned.
    I'm not sure if you were referring to my post on this thread about Player Housing, because there I said the time frame from abandonment to for sale sign was at most three hours, not that I waited only three hours to see no change and then checked within the day to find the change--so not at least three hours but less than 24. If you didn't mean that post, than I guess the time it goes back on sale really is randomly generated.

But back to the OP, I don't want Turbine to allow players to sell houses to each other, particularly because of the limited supply of them. It would definitely result in the exact problem Yula mentioned they had before.
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Jul 11 2013 at 04:35 PM.
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 19 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    This August will be our 7th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    I'm not sure if you were referring to my post on this thread about Player Housing, because there I said the time frame from abandonment to for sale sign was at most three hours, not that I waited only three hours to see no change and then checked within the day to find the change--so not at least three hours but less than 24. If you didn't mean that post, than I guess the time it goes back on sale really is randomly generated.
    My memory of that isn't very good. I got the 3 am server reset confused with the 30 minutes to somewhat under 4 hours.

My own personal testing on Bullroarer with abandon house has given me a different value for every test. The longest one was around 24 hours. The smallest value was under 30 minutes. All the points except for one was over an hour.

I do not know of information from Turbine as to how the time delay is calculated.

I did manage to find a home on Meneldor that I have maintenance access to. It is locked at the maximum fee of 90%. The current foreclosure date on that home is July 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM EDT (GMT-4). That date and time may get pushed out. No idea how much variation between servers and homes since I only have one data point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    My memory of that isn't very good. I got the 3 am server reset confused with the 30 minutes to somewhat under 4 hours.

My own personal testing on Bullroarer with abandon house has given me a different value for every test. The longest one was around 24 hours. The smallest value was under 30 minutes. All the points except for one was over an hour.

I do not know of information from Turbine as to how the time delay is calculated.

I did manage to find a home on Meneldor that I have maintenance access to. It is locked at the maximum fee of 90%. The current foreclosure date on that home is July 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM EDT (GMT-4). That date and time may get pushed out. No idea how much variation between servers and homes since I only have one data point.
    That's good to know. I wonder why it's random. I originally did the my test at 2:30am because I assumed the server reset at 3am would be one possible reset time. When it didn't, I thought maybe it would be at the 24 hours later mark, and then was suprised when I had a chance to get back in at 6amish to see the for sale sign.

I'll post more on the foreclosure specifically on the other thread...I don't want to derail too badly here.
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 19 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    This August will be our 7th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    That's good to know. I wonder why it's random. .
    In Turbine's first game Asheron's Call. You want a home. You had to pay dollars to get the home from a home reseller. You could not get a home when it was abandoned for the base purchase price. Some guy in the Baltic states was making thousands of dollars a year selling homes to the other players.

In AC, homes went on sale immediately after they were abandoned. He had it to a fine art. He always had a character logged in on every world. 24/7. He had addons that alerted him when a home become available. The addons plotted the quickest route to that home. He always had every possible purchase price on that character. He would arrive first. Buy the home.

As buyer you would look thru his list of homes on your server. The prices in dollars. Pay his dollars. Meet him at the home with the in game purchase price. He would abandon the home. You buy it immediately. You had to be quick. It would be long before some one else would receive an add on alert and start traveling to the home. You might five minutes to claim your home.

In my case, instead of paying dollars. I paid him with in game coin. He sold the gold for dollars. In our current terms, I would have paid around 5,000 gold for the right to purchase a deluxe home. It took me about three months to acquire the gold. I am very good at generating MMDs (the currency in AC), gold, ISK or credits. I have more than a billion ISK in Eve Online.

It was a really sweet system for this guy. It was making enough dollars off home and gold selling to pay all his expenses. Have excess dollars left over. It helped that living costs in Estonia? were lower than the USA. Plus the ability to buy stuff with a hard currency like US Dollars instead of Kroon was nice. This was occurring before Estonia joined the EU.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Jul 12 2013 at 10:14 AM.