We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    People in RoI used to use the Saruman set bonus that gives you 1 less focus req for pen shot/blood arrow, now its on the audacity set :P.
    As far as I know, there isn't a moors set for that. Perhaps you are thinking of the level 85 Erebor Set which give that bonus for 2-pieces equipped?
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

I think they should disable some pve sets in the moors. People in RoI used to use the Saruman set bonus that gives you 1 less focus req for pen shot/blood arrow, now its on the audacity set :P. They should make it so people have to use pvp gear and it becomes more viable.

Why wouldn't you be allowed to post videos/screenies anymore? Can you give me a link to your Youtube channel then?

So, what you're saying is a properly geared hunter is OP? Just like I thought. I think the hunter class itself is not OP, but if you get all the right gear for it, then watch out, it's OP as heck. The gear now like the gold jewelry bonuses you can get are just ridiculous.
    Exactly. Being able to swap all those items for a 1v1, and even in combat is abit unfair as the other side doesnt have any of that. just having your burn hot fully boosted makes quite a diff.
    I dont spend much time in the moors anymore but its wrong when you can blow up most creeps just by pm stacking to the point where it practically negates audacity. Gear is getting better and better.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ

So, what you're saying is a properly geared hunter is OP? Just like I thought. I think the hunter class itself is not OP, but if you get all the right gear for it, then watch out, it's OP as heck. The gear now like the gold jewelry bonuses you can get are just ridiculous.
    Almost all classes are OP when you get all the gold jewelry, audacity gear and buffs (all the best stuff or second best stuff you can get). The issue i have with PvP atm is that the hunter class is rated an "easy" class to play that isn't complicated. But as soon as i walk in the moors im told to get a massive list items such as: gold items, first age weapon with scrolls and star used on it, full audacity gear (which means you have to PvP to get it), pots, and to collect as many buffs/scrolls as i can. If that wasn't impractical when i ask how to fight a Warg or BA im given different trait set ups for each and a step by step instruction list on how to fight each. And when push comes to shove and im ready for all of that the warg hips and pounces me again and kills me before im able to move or the BA pops moving target (forget what the buff is called) while he runs backward/sideways and shoots me while moving until i die (and if he doesn't have moving target he runs around a rock or a tree any time i use my induction skills so i cant hit him and then pops out and hits me while moving again).

In short a class which is meant to be a simple, smooth open class turns into a narrow, ridged and strict class. And the funny thing is that a mini or rk could just spam attacks at a range while moving (maybe a bubble or heal here and there so stay alive) and then use their big hitting moves to finish enemy's off with ease and little trouble (and they are labeled as the more complicated classes).
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legonist View Post
    Almost all classes are OP when you get all the gold jewelry, audacity gear and buffs (all the best stuff or second best stuff you can get). The issue i have with PvP atm is that the hunter class is rated an "easy" class to play that isn't complicated. But as soon as i walk in the moors im told to get a massive list items such as: gold items, first age weapon with scrolls and star used on it, full audacity gear (which means you have to PvP to get it), pots, and to collect as many buffs/scrolls as i can. If that wasn't impractical when i ask how to fight a Warg or BA im given different trait set ups for each and a step by step instruction list on how to fight each. And when push comes to shove and im ready for all of that the warg hips and pounces me again and kills me before im able to move or the BA pops moving target (forget what the buff is called) while he runs backward/sideways and shoots me while moving until i die (and if he doesn't have moving target he runs around a rock or a tree any time i use my induction skills so i cant hit him and then pops out and hits me while moving again).

In short a class which is meant to be a simple, smooth open class turns into a narrow, ridged and strict class. And the funny thing is that a mini or rk could just spam attacks at a range while moving (maybe a bubble or heal here and there so stay alive) and then use their big hitting moves to finish enemy's off with ease and little trouble (and they are labeled as the more complicated classes).
    Like I said, the hunter itself is not OP, but with that gear available (given you put the time in to grind it), you should be able to do well even if you're not the most competent of hunter; if played by someone who is a good hunter, you should be near to unstoppable 1v1ing creeps, esp if your hunter is hypothetically rank 15. In RoI, you had to be smart at hunter, but also needed gear to compete, and you could do pretty well. Now it's moreso the gear/OP buffs doing the work, with the spammable pen shot with the additional help of a shortended Blindside CD .

This goes for anyone's class though: if you're not willing to grind for the best gear/traits you can have available, don't complain about not doing well when it's your own fault. For example, I learned that the hard way in MoM getting owned in 1v1s on my guardian since I didn't have gear/traits, but when I came back and got everything, I was providing better fights and winning way more than I lost.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Aug 04 2013 at 03:01 AM.

Yes, there is. You need 4 pieces of audacity for the bonus though compared to the 2 with the 85 erebor set. That bonus being put on the audacity set makes it ridiculous lol. Perhaps you should have looked a little closer at the bonuses , no worries though. You should try it out then haha!
    Been Premium for 1.5 years, leaving the moors untouched for the whole time. But never saw the update notes that said that one set bonus had changed to that. But as I cannot experience it for myself, I'll have to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    Been Premium for 1.5 years, leaving the moors untouched for the whole time. But never saw the update notes that said that one set bonus had changed to that. But as I cannot experience it for myself, I'll have to agree with you.
    It's not the same bonus at all. 4 pieces of Moors Huntsman gets you 1 pip of focus every 4 seconds from precision stance instead of every 5. It's an improvement over whatever rubbish bonus the set had last expansion, but not nearly as powerful as the Faron/Erebor Huntsman cost reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Findril View Post
    It's not the same bonus at all. 4 pieces of Moors Huntsman gets you 1 pip of focus every 4 seconds from precision stance instead of every 5. It's an improvement over whatever rubbish bonus the set had last expansion, but not nearly as powerful as the Faron/Erebor Huntsman cost reduction.
    Good, thought as much.

Side note: if you are swapping gear (2-Erebor Huntsman or 4-Faron -> 4-Precision), Precision stance deactivates once you stop having 4 pieces of Precision gear on you (eg: swapping Precision Hood and Gloves into Erebor to use Imp. Fleetness).
    [COLOR="#669966"][center][size=1]Mildford - R9 Hunter • Support - R7 LM
    The Storm Crusaders • Gladden[/size][/center][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Findril View Post
    My mistake haha. Regardless, the bonus on the 85 moors set still makes it much easier to spam pen shot than the original 75 audacity set which didn't have that. The Pen shot armor penetration from the 2 bonus makes pen shot even more attractive to spam lol.

I'm a premium hunter too, but I swore it gave the same bonus last I saw it, but guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mildford View Post
    Side note: if you are swapping gear (2-Erebor Huntsman or 4-Faron -> 4-Precision), Precision stance deactivates once you stop having 4 pieces of Precision gear on you (eg: swapping Precision Hood and Gloves into Erebor to use Imp. Fleetness).
    Really? I have to test it. I stopped macroswapping on my hunter once I got greater erebor sets, but I was swapping ToO set before and the buff of course was still present even if I did not have ToO set equipped anymore. Only set bonus that got canceled once you removed armor set was champion's OD flurry bonus AFAIK.

EDIT: I just tested it, buff is still there even if I removed Greater Erebor huntsman set, also precision stance is still active.
    Last edited by Galborion; Aug 12 2013 at 10:33 AM.
    [IMG]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7323/0hn4.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=#008000]85 lvl alts: champion, guard, captain, warden, burg, minnie, RK, LM[/COLOR]

Talking Misconceptions

To clear up some misconceptions in this thread (and stop some of the QQ).

Hunters in pvp only work with IMPROVED Fleetness traited, which makes the skill 30 seconds duration, and reduces your chance to miss ranged AUTO-attacks by 60%, which is pretty good. Your SKILLS cannot miss (penetrating shot, blood arrow, will not miss even when moving, not unless you are debuffed). As far as the fleetness attack duration buff goes, that was removed a while ago because hunters were losing entire power pools in a matter of seconds (Which, now, once again, they still are. Thanks Turbine.)

The fleetness swapout from ToO or Erebor sets will only deactivate your 4-set bonus in precision stance (and deactivate the stance itself) if you're only wearing 4 of the ettens pieces, if you wear 5 ettens pieces in that one set, it will not deactivate. I run 5 audacity, 1 devastate item, and macro-swap the fleetness reduction set, and I have no issues with precision stance dropping off, just a tip

As for building focus on the move it would be handy, but ridiculously overpowered. The only thing I feel hunters really need at the moment is a little survivability, we have one TERRIBLE bubble which I don't even consider a cooldown (Though I don't use it 1v1) yet still causes mass creep QQ.. "omg even hunters have a bubble now". If you use focus potions, intent concentration, and blindside, as well as Dazing Blow > Swift Bow, you'll not run out of focus. Just make sure for pvp vs black arrows, you trait press onward, so you can heal up while they evade.

Also, another tip for budding PVP hunters, when a blackarrow uses evade on you, you can use Distracting Shot > Pen shot > Dazing Blow > Pen shot, that's 2 skills + 2 auto attacks they won't evade, provided you use Dazing Blow whilst they're still in the Dist. Shot mezz. Also grabbing the 2 set bonus where Needful Haste resets Dist. Shot CD for swapping out when a BA evades, it's very very handy, just don't use it within 15 seconds of the 1st mezz or the diminishing returns will make the mezz only last half a second.

Anyway, keep at the pvp and good luck We don't need focus skills on the move, just a little survivability for those 6.5k vital targets (through 40% mits, 30% crit def, and (almost)full Audacity.

~Applecakes, Hunter of Great solo-ness. Ish.

1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderban View Post
    Why is it that BA's can use five different skills in the Ettenmoors while they move, yet Hunters can use none?

Here's a typical 1v1 with a BA.

You must face target.
    You can't do that while moving.
    You must face target.
    You must face target.
    You must face target.
    You must face target.
    You are incapacitated.

Annoying to say the least.
    For the "You must face target" part, I just tweak a few things in the options panel. Go to Combat Options and checkmark "Enable movement assistance in combat" and "Enable skill target forwarding". As a creep who frequently encounters freeps hopping all over the place, I can click on one melee move and automatically follow the freep until I get close enough to hit. Although I am not level 85 yet, give it a try. It may work
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2