We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

What I hate about being a Hunter...

Why is it that BA's can use five different skills in the Ettenmoors while they move, yet Hunters can use none?

Here's a typical 1v1 with a BA.

You must face target.
    You can't do that while moving.
    You must face target.
    You must face target.
    You must face target.
    You must face target.
    You are incapacitated.

Annoying to say the least.

Precision stance, intent concentration, and focus pots are your friend.
    With focus you can use penetrating shot and blood arrow on the move. Melee stun if close, distracting shot for quick mezz. Needful haste and resolute aim equipped so you don't get interrupted.

Just takes practice, don't give up!

Best thing to annoy a BA is to move as well.

Improved fleetness gives the best mobility for using skills on the move, as well as having an 85 armour set that makes penetrating shot and blood arrow cost 2 focus. With 4 of that set and 2 audacity (and the blue trait that gives you a focus back when you crit) you will almost be able to spam those two focus skills for about 30s, and from the post above, if you use a focus potion and intent concentration, that lasts much longer.

A BA rarely expects a hunter to move, but when they do, the BA is at a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    Best thing to annoy a BA is to move as well.

Improved fleetness gives the best mobility for using skills on the move, as well as having an 85 armour set that makes penetrating shot and blood arrow cost 2 focus. With 4 of that set and 2 audacity (and the blue trait that gives you a focus back when you crit) you will almost be able to spam those two focus skills for about 30s, and from the post above, if you use a focus potion and intent concentration, that lasts much longer.

A BA rarely expects a hunter to move, but when they do, the BA is at a disadvantage.
    Unfortunately, Fleetness only lasts 15 seconds and has a 30s cooldown. BA's can use their skill as a toggle and can toggle it on and off in combat.

All I am asking for is a similar skill for Hunters instead of something that only last 15 seconds.

When traited fleetness last for 30s, so pretty much you can it up all the time. Only issues I have had with BA's is the lucky 4k VT crit followed by the 5k Revenge or their 30s you cant touch me skill which just about ever BA hits that I have run across unless it on CD

Quote Originally Posted by Vongs666 View Post
    When traited fleetness last for 30s, so pretty much you can it up all the time. Only issues I have had with BA's is the lucky 4k VT crit followed by the 5k Revenge or their 30s you cant touch me skill which just about ever BA hits that I have run across unless it on CD
    But, again, as a Hunter you are still limited to the skills you can use. You still get "You can't do that while moving" if you try to use most of your ranged skills while moving, even with Improved Fleetness. All IF really does is decrease your miss chance on the two skills you can already use while moving.

If I am a level 85 Hunter, I should have enough skill and knowledge to shoot a bow and arrow while on the move.

Another skill I would like to see is something akin to a Burglar's stealth, like "Improved Camouflage", where Hunters can move around while stealthed, albeit at a reduced rate of speed (something similar to Sylvan Shadows).

Quote Originally Posted by Elderban View Post
    Unfortunately, Fleetness only lasts 15 seconds and has a 30s cooldown. BA's can use their skill as a toggle and can toggle it on and off in combat.

All I am asking for is a similar skill for Hunters instead of something that only last 15 seconds.
    As stated in previous posts above, when traited accompanied with the blue legendary trait, it lasts for 30s and provides more speed in using skills (Hence why I said Improved Fleetness), making it up nearly 100% of the time.

It also helps kiting through a BA's Moving Target, instead of just standing there and attempting to mouse turn.

Edit: Response to:

Another skill I would like to see is something akin to a Burglar's stealth, like "Improved Camouflage", where Hunters can move around while stealthed, albeit at a reduced rate of speed (something similar to Sylvan Shadows).
    About 2 years ago there was a Q&A with the older hunter developer, and take a look at the final question:

Have you ever given to thought about hunters going further into usage of stealth skills?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_Columbus
    Short answer, no. Longer answer, pushback from the Hunter community when even a new AOE skill is introduced tells me that messing with Stealth would be looked down upon. Keeping Camouflage as a thematic one-of skill feels like the right place to be for now.
    Now, I won't say their view has changed on this, especially as ZC is no longer the hunter developer, but since there is a burglar class that is dedicated to stealth skills, the chances of us getting a further shot into stealth usage is slim.
    Last edited by zalladi; Jul 11 2013 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zalladi View Post
    As stated in previous posts above, when traited accompanied with the blue legendary trait, it lasts for 30s and provides more speed in using skills (Hence why I said Improved Fleetness), making it up nearly 100% of the time.

It also helps kiting through a BA's Moving Target, instead of just standing there and attempting to mouse turn.

Edit: Response to:

About 2 years ago there was a Q&A with the older hunter developer, and take a look at the final question:

Now, I won't say their view has changed on this, especially as ZC is no longer the hunter developer, but since there is a burglar class that is dedicated to stealth skills, the chances of us getting a further shot into stealth usage is slim.
    Oh man, that quote just reminded me at how much I laughed at ZC's flawed logic in some of his replies in that thread (particularly that one; Split Shot). The problem had nothing to do with adding a new AoE skill, the problem was with how poorly they designed and balanced that particular skill. Thanks for the laugh :P

1 Twinfall Path, Celos-en-Nauth, Falathlorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderban View Post
    Why is it that BA's can use five different skills in the Ettenmoors while they move, yet Hunters can use none?

Here's a typical 1v1 with a BA.

You must face target.
    You must face target.
    You must face target.
    You must face target.
    You must face target.
    You are incapacitated.

Annoying to say the least.
    For the "You must face target" part, I just tweak a few things in the options panel. Go to Combat Options and checkmark "Enable movement assistance in combat" and "Enable skill target forwarding". As a creep who frequently encounters freeps hopping all over the place, I can click on one melee move and automatically follow the freep until I get close enough to hit. Although I am not level 85 yet, give it a try. It may work
    Night is falling,
    So ends this day.
    The Road is now calling
    And I must away.