We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Paying upkeep while away from home

How can I pay my upkeep while Im away from home for an extended time? Just had a notification that ill be foreclosed in two weeks but I won't be at my computer for at least a month after that. I paid as much as I could before I left but it wasn't enough. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You should give permission to a friend to pay your house's maintenance( money also).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000000f2bf/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You can also set the permission for either your kin (if you belong to one) or the public in general to be able to pay maintenance.

It may sound crazy hoping some random passerby pays a bit of rent, but it happens. It's more likely kinnies will if they know you're in a temporary bind so long as you let them know.
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 20 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    This August is our 7th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy!

Sorry to say it, but it seems you're up *that* creek and missing a paddle.

If you can just manage to log on from some computer for a few minutes then you can use the suggestions above. If you have someone you can trust enough to give your password to then you could get them to do it for you. But if you can't somehow pay the upkeep in-game then you ARE going to lose your house in a couple of weeks I'm afraid.

You could try appealing to Turbine, it probably won't get you anywhere, but it's worth a try.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    With the Housing revamp coming up soon it would be a good idea for you to bring this up and suggest a change in the Suggestions Forum.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

They should definitely change it so the default is to allow payment from "Everybody" in the permissions list.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Well I'm a lone player - always wanted to do things myself all the way through. I stop and help other players when I see them in trouble but never in a fellowship. This has cost me 350 for a new laptop so I can just download the standard version and just pay my upkeep. Who should I send the bill to?

Quote Originally Posted by Smeek View Post
    Well I'm a lone player - always wanted to do things myself all the way through. I stop and help other players when I see them in trouble but never in a fellowship. This has cost me 350 for a new laptop so I can just download the standard version and just pay my upkeep. Who should I send the bill to?
    Send the bill to Smeek. It is like every other aspect of life. You have to pay a bill and all the costs necessary to get the proper amount of the correct currency to the person submitted the bill.

Sometimes you have to buy gas. Drive somewhere. Stand in line. Hand them cash. Other cases you have to pay for a stamp. I have to pay for electronic delivery of funds in a foreign currency. There is a cost for electronic banking, checking account, credit card, envelopes, stamps paper checks.

I have all these overhead expenses like car, insurance, registration, computer, internet, envelopes, stamps, pens ... Fortunately a lot of these items have other uses besides giving me the ability to pay bills.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Could've saved yourself $350 and just let them foreclose. With all the houses opening up in 2 weeks, it's likely you'd be able to get the exact same house back, or at least an identical one in a different neighborhood.

Either way, spending $350 dollars that you care enough about to ask for a refund, just so you can keep a fake internet house, is a little disturbing to me. Congrats on doing things yourself "all the way through". Don't mess it up now by asking for a monetary handout!
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

How can I pay my upkeep while Im away from home for an extended time? Just had a notification that ill be foreclosed in two weeks but I won't be at my computer for at least a month after that. I paid as much as I could before I left but it wasn't enough. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    For the last months after Wildermore update in may 2013, one could pay upkeep for 6 months ahead. Only people who will receive foreclose letters are people who allowed they upkeep not be paid for more that 6 months before said may, and didnt pay back-rent in 2 months since the first announcement of change. Just how long were you away?
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!