We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Weapon Types

Question Weapon Types

Hi. This may be in the wrong forum, but I looked around a bit for an answer and couldn't find anything. My question concerns the passives for the various types of weapons. Daggers supposedly have a +1% crit chance, but this isn't reflected on the stats page for my character upon equipping/equipping the dagger. No change is shown. I also have a bow equipped (the toon is a Hunter), so maybe the crit chance passives don't stack for more than one weapon. The other possiblity is that the passives are hidden and don't show up in the stats. Does anybody know the answer to this? Also, does the 1% crit increase stack additively or multiplicatively? Thanks for any help in advance.

You need to look closely at some of the weapon passives to see exactly what they are. In the case of daggers it's a 1% additional chance to score critical hits with autoattacks. That's why you will not see any chance in the character panel for crit chance. Even then I'm not sure if it would affect the crit chance for autoattacks from bows or any other weapons or just the daggers themselves.

In the case of the sword passive, it gives you an extra 1% parry chance. Since this directly affects your parry chance it does show up in the character panel as an extra 1%. If you are a dual wielding class, having two swords equipped does not give you an extra 2% parry chance as the passives do not stack.

Quote Originally Posted by DrnknElf View Post
    You need to look closely at some of the weapon passives to see exactly what they are. In the case of daggers it's a 1% additional chance to score critical hits with autoattacks. That's why you will not see any chance in the character panel for crit chance. Even then I'm not sure if it would affect the crit chance for autoattacks from bows or any other weapons or just the daggers themselves.

In the case of the sword passive, it gives you an extra 1% parry chance. Since this directly affects your parry chance it does show up in the character panel as an extra 1%. If you are a dual wielding class, having two swords equipped does not give you an extra 2% parry chance as the passives do not stack.
    Ok. So they don't stack. That answers part of my question. So does the character stats panel show the statistics when using skills then? I assumed that it WAS the autoattack stats. That's what the stats panel shows in other games I've played. That's why I thought the value should change. If the stats panel shows crit chance for skill usage then that makes sense. I realize the weapon passive (for daggers) doesn't increase crit chance for skills. I'm just trying to determine what kind of weapon would be best to use. Obviously while levelling I'll just be using the best weapon I can find no matter the type. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DrnknElf View Post

I'm not sure about the sword parry bonus.

I have a 2h and 1h swords on my captain. When I swap them around, my parry rating stays nearly the same, but parry chance is bigger with 2h. Don't remember if it was exactly 1% more than 1h, but I'm sure it was still higher.

Haven't tested with dual wielding yet.
    Siggy

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf_The_Grey View Post
    Ok. So they don't stack. That answers part of my question. So does the character stats panel show the statistics when using skills then? I assumed that it WAS the autoattack stats. That's what the stats panel shows in other games I've played. That's why I thought the value should change. If the stats panel shows crit chance for skill usage then that makes sense. I realize the weapon passive (for daggers) doesn't increase crit chance for skills. I'm just trying to determine what kind of weapon would be best to use. Obviously while levelling I'll just be using the best weapon I can find no matter the type. Thank you.
    The crit chance shown in the character panel is the crit chance for all skills, melee, tactical, heal, ranged, etc. If a skill has a chance to crit, including autoattacks, it will follow that number. However, the autoattack crit chance bonus can't show up there because there is no separate section indicating autoattack crit chance. To figure the autoattack crit chance you take your normal crit percentage and add 1% to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jousimies View Post
    I'm not sure about the sword parry bonus.

I have a 2h and 1h swords on my captain. When I swap them around, my parry rating stays nearly the same, but parry chance is bigger with 2h. Don't remember if it was exactly 1% more than 1h, but I'm sure it was still higher.

Haven't tested with dual wielding yet.
    It's very likely you have a parry rating passive on the two hander or might or agility which would increase the your overall parry chance. It would also matter what relics you have between the two items assuming you're talking about legendary items. Simply put, a 2 handed sword has the same 1% extra parry chance that a 1 handed sword has or dual wield swords. The only way to get additional parry from it is if you're a warden and you're using the Grandmaster Weapons Training legendary trait. That will give you additional parry chance from using a sword. I know for a fact the parry chance is not increased with dual wielding swords. I've had two swords equipped on my champ outside of fervor stance and the parry chance is still 26%. If the bonuses stacked I would have had 27% parry chance.