We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Broken toon from Cyneberg debacle

My warden got caught up with the Cyneberg disappearing trick in Forlaw. When Ingame completed the quest for me Cyneberg disappeared and has never come back. My warden cannot advance past high knolls without Cyneberg's quests restored. Ingame says put in a bug report, which I did, but won't help any further. Thought the last update addressed it. Does anyone know anything about this being worked on? I understand there are a lot of toons caught up like this. Need my warden back. Any threads anywhere? thanks

Your character is not broken. You have encountered non working content. Some non working content is introduced with every game update by Turbine - either existing content that is made non functional, new content that does not work or content that only works if you do it the one acceptable way.

You have to wait the 1-12 months it takes for Turbine to fix it. Hopefully there will be a fix for the content that Update 11.1 disabled when Update 11.2 launches later on in July.

In the past it has taken Turbine a very long time to fix content interaction issues. I believe it took 9 months to resolve some of the issues with linked quests in the Rise of Isengard expansion. I do not think Turbine ever resolved all of them. Some of them had to be done in the right order because you would be locked out of the quest(s) if you advanced the NPC state causing the NPC to phase - disappear or move.

This situation results in players having to access online spoiler to make sure they do not fall down a rabbit hole.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Will it fix the problem

Thinking out of the box:

I wonder if deleting all of the quests back to before Cyneberg went missing and then moving forward would bring Cyneberg back into the game avoiding the mistake?

How about if I, as a VIP founder, (I shudder to suggest) purchased the balewood section. Could I work around Cyneberg and get to survivors?

I'm open to most anything. Have 5 other toons in the area but really miss my warden...

Quote Originally Posted by Lotto View Post
    wonder if deleting all of the quests back to before Cyneberg went missing and then moving forward would bring Cyneberg back into the game avoiding the mistake?
    There is no way to accomplish this task on your end. It would require a game content update by Turbine that included an erasure of content completion for all characters. Turbine might as well fix the issue without upsetting a lot of other people.
    How about if I, as a VIP founder, (I shudder to suggest) purchased the balewood section. Could I work around Cyneberg and get to survivors?
    Nope. You have to wait for Turbine to add this capability via a game update.
    I'm open to most anything. Have 5 other toons in the area but really miss my warden...
    You have to do something else with your Warden and wait for a fix just like everyone else in your situation.

Turbine is in the process of deploying Update 11.2 to Bullroarer. There is another attempt to fix this content in the test version of 11.2. Hopefully this attempt will work and get deployed to live later on this month.

Final thought on this error. Assume this content does not exist. Continue playing your Warden based on the "Does not exist assumption".
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Jul 10 2013 at 03:22 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

sadly

Another patch and still my warden must sit and wait till turbine releases him from the Cynberg mystery. I should be discounted till fixed...