We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 45 of 45

Thread: Reavers

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    Much more accurate assessment of the current state. About the only thing harder for me to kill is a Flayer Warg, and even then they don't do a lot of damage so it's about outlasting is all. Ranked defilers are a joke, that is a 20 minute fight, I just keep riding...
    I have gotten to the point where I dont actively attack people on my defiler. If they attack me I will defend myself but most fights just take too long. My last fight against a mini was a total abomination. 27 minutes and no winner.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Menomonie, WI
    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    where is this name-calling, or even complaining you're referring to?

    I just said a LM with their 5 min cooldowns already spent isn't going to die to any single creep if they don't want to.

    try reading next time, maybe?
    Relax, man, I didn't mean you specifically, I meant in reference to the hypothetical battlefield situation:

    I use my CD's, said creep dies, said creep cusses me all the way back to the rez, in the meantime I call him dead. Despite what you might think, none of this is a personal attack on you, relax.
    Last edited by Irin19; Jul 11 2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: spelling
    [center]Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // [b][color=red]Akthuri r15 LM[/color][/b] // Vishus r5 Captain[/center]

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    LMs not stacking water-lore is a good manners choice. If an LM has Ents, Lightning storm, and Wisdom on cooldown but have a decent morale pool, you aren't going to kill them unless they're playing nice.

    The other examples you use are exactly what I'm talking about, though. Just add in that burgs can stun/trick-kite their way around most of your cooldowns, no TnG or KO required, and with good debuffs bring your dps down pretty low.
    oh, i know it is. the good lm's on BW tend to use 1 or no water-lore in 1v1's. some use lightning some dont, but all use ents. i generally have close fights when they use 1 WL, none tends to put things in my favour :/

    the ones that spam WL, i tend to pop AtO against, if i can burst them below half, for double DS.
    lugbur R11 reaver /// guthfred R9 cappy /// beregon R8 hunter /// guthblade R9 champ + too many other things

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    206
    Reavers are just fine exactly the way they are.

    It would be nice if the Inc healing debuff on DS was iressitable tho. That is about the only thing I can think of that could use an improvement. Oh an perhaps something could be done to actually make Severing Stike usefull.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grothum
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    Lol, just lol. If it's a planned 1v1 maybe I keep some skills off the table, but last I checked that is a war zone, kill or be killed. Call me whatever you want, but I'll use whatever I have available to me.

    In the immortal words of EA Sports... "If it's in the game it's in the game"

    You can call me names and I'll call you dead.
    Lol, just lol. Big ol' peen got in the way of staying on topic?

    Reavers are in a very nice spot at the moment. I'd still like a 10 sec in-combat sprint and resilience 'fixed'.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by poxnoxious View Post
    Lol, just lol. Big ol' peen got in the way of staying on topic?

    Reavers are in a very nice spot at the moment. I'd still like a 10 sec in-combat sprint and resilience 'fixed'.
    the sprint would be unnecessary if they fixed resilience.

    they could drop mutilate and ravage down to 20s, since their DoT is worthless they could at least line up with impale. Impale relying on 2 DoT's with larger cooldowns then the skill itself doesn't make sense.
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    the sprint would be unnecessary if they fixed resilience.

    they could drop mutilate and ravage down to 20s, since their DoT is worthless they could at least line up with impale. Impale relying on 2 DoT's with larger cooldowns then the skill itself doesn't make sense.
    I'm forgetting which is which, but one of the two r10 bleeds IS a 20s cooldown (leaning towards mutilate, but not positive).

    While it certainly would be more powerful for me on reaver if I could always get a 4 stack before my impale In theory, I like the concept where I can't always use the skill for max value, every time it is off CD. Do I use it the second time ASAP to maximize dps, or do I wait a bit longer to get the best burst? Creepside has precious little choice in skill selection, little nuances like this are nice, imo.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    I'm forgetting which is which, but one of the two r10 bleeds IS a 20s cooldown (leaning towards mutilate, but not positive).

    While it certainly would be more powerful for me on reaver if I could always get a 4 stack before my impale In theory, I like the concept where I can't always use the skill for max value, every time it is off CD. Do I use it the second time ASAP to maximize dps, or do I wait a bit longer to get the best burst? Creepside has precious little choice in skill selection, little nuances like this are nice, imo.
    my mistake it was mutilation yeah, but I think the hefty 30s CD on a piddly 3 hit + DoT (it was more deserving when ravage was our highest damaging skill and the DoT could actually scare people, as opposed to now) is excessive, especially considering it's curable.
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    571
    what the heck is wrong with these reavers... honestly, there isn't too much of anything a truly skilled high rank reaver can't kill from what i've seen on Brandywine where all the good reavers are, spar beatlejuice when he's on his A-game... I will pity you, I see him wreck small froups all by his lonesome occasionally. and this whole mentality that creeps are weak is just a complex creeps have from being weaker for a long time, the simple truth is, they aren't weaker, I should know too, I have a r10 on both sides, new players don't even know what weak is, it's so easy to rank now. I was getting solo kills on my spider when it was r4 before we could buy skills and before we had audacity, when spiders were weak as hell and I couldn't even afford all my corruptions, when I couldn't buy reflect and burrow heal and catch prey store pots and brands etc etc, and the same goes for reavers, I remember seeing them get kills too. and, tbh i have gotten solo kills on my reaver when he was r1, and I am pure trash when it comes to playing a reaver. Maybe you need to all take a second to realize just how easy you do have it instead of sniveling. It took me over 2 years to get my spider to r10, and you can do it now in less than 2 months without breaking a sweat, so don't cry to me about lowbies being weak, you don't have to spend half a year as a lowbie the way we used to have to do.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by loki84 View Post
    what the heck is wrong with these reavers... honestly, there isn't too much of anything a truly skilled high rank reaver can't kill from what i've seen on Brandywine where all the good reavers are, spar beatlejuice when he's on his A-game... I will pity you, I see him wreck small froups all by his lonesome occasionally. and this whole mentality that creeps are weak is just a complex creeps have from being weaker for a long time, the simple truth is, they aren't weaker, I should know too, I have a r10 on both sides, new players don't even know what weak is, it's so easy to rank now. I was getting solo kills on my spider when it was r4 before we could buy skills and before we had audacity, when spiders were weak as hell and I couldn't even afford all my corruptions, when I couldn't buy reflect and burrow heal and catch prey store pots and brands etc etc, and the same goes for reavers, I remember seeing them get kills too. and, tbh i have gotten solo kills on my reaver when he was r1, and I am pure trash when it comes to playing a reaver. Maybe you need to all take a second to realize just how easy you do have it instead of sniveling. It took me over 2 years to get my spider to r10, and you can do it now in less than 2 months without breaking a sweat, so don't cry to me about lowbies being weak, you don't have to spend half a year as a lowbie the way we used to have to do.
    I think you're mistaking player skill with class power.
    When creep classes have less DPS, less healing, lower mitigations, less CC and debuff skills than freep classes, it is fair to say they are overall weaker. But that doesn't mean an excellent creep player can't kill terrible freeps players.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by loki84 View Post
    there isn't too much of anything a truly skilled high rank reaver can't kill from what i've seen on Brandywine where all the good reavers are, spar beatlejuice when he's on his A-game...
    no.

    furthermore all of the kills I get, while this may sound strange....are almost entirely due to my opponent the majority of the time being a few shades brighter than a full on lobotomized woodland critters.

    literally none of the reavers i've watched on brandy even rank above average, and it's not even a difficult class
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    no.

    furthermore all of the kills I get, while this may sound strange....are almost entirely due to my opponent the majority of the time being a few shades brighter than a full on lobotomized woodland critters.

    literally none of the reavers i've watched on brandy even rank above average, and it's not even a difficult class
    ouch ;( that hurts.

    although i agree...:P
    lugbur R11 reaver /// guthfred R9 cappy /// beregon R8 hunter /// guthblade R9 champ + too many other things

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Grothum
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    the sprint would be unnecessary if they fixed resilience.

    they could drop mutilate and ravage down to 20s, since their DoT is worthless they could at least line up with impale. Impale relying on 2 DoT's with larger cooldowns then the skill itself doesn't make sense.
    1: No. Fixing resilience should be self-explanatory. It's a skill already 'implemented'. It should just plain old work. Fixing it would by no means make in-combat sprint obsolete. We most likely just see this differently, so I'll not dive into this topic.

    2: Reavers (any creep class) are a simple class as it is, what little variety there is I'd hate to see sacrificed on the 1-2-3-4 rotation altar. Actually having to think during a fight, be aware of timing, wheter or not to wait for stacking 4 DoTs etc. etc. far outweigh the need for a drop of your chin to the keyboard for a 4 DoT impale standard rotation.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by loki84 View Post
    what the heck is wrong with these reavers... honestly, there isn't too much of anything a truly skilled high rank reaver can't kill from what i've seen on Brandywine where all the good reavers are, spar beatlejuice when he's on his A-game... I will pity you, I see him wreck small froups all by his lonesome occasionally. and this whole mentality that creeps are weak is just a complex creeps have from being weaker for a long time, the simple truth is, they aren't weaker, I should know too, I have a r10 on both sides, new players don't even know what weak is, it's so easy to rank now. I was getting solo kills on my spider when it was r4 before we could buy skills and before we had audacity, when spiders were weak as hell and I couldn't even afford all my corruptions, when I couldn't buy reflect and burrow heal and catch prey store pots and brands etc etc, and the same goes for reavers, I remember seeing them get kills too. and, tbh i have gotten solo kills on my reaver when he was r1, and I am pure trash when it comes to playing a reaver. Maybe you need to all take a second to realize just how easy you do have it instead of sniveling. It took me over 2 years to get my spider to r10, and you can do it now in less than 2 months without breaking a sweat, so don't cry to me about lowbies being weak, you don't have to spend half a year as a lowbie the way we used to have to do.
    The freeps on BW must be really, really bad. Just about every non-trash freep will admit that creeps are currently considerably underpowered. You can still have fair 1v1s between 2 equally skilled players, but that is only because most freep classes severely limit the skills they use in order to make things a bit more balanced.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    no.

    furthermore all of the kills I get, while this may sound strange....are almost entirely due to my opponent the majority of the time being a few shades brighter than a full on lobotomized woodland critters.

    literally none of the reavers i've watched on brandy even rank above average, and it's not even a difficult class
    if that's no you won't spar him, then i don't blame you.
    but I think you do reavers a disservice with that, there are quite a few strong reavers on brandy, there is beatle, slyc, vitamincc, devastrike (who hits harder than any reaver i've ever seen) there are so many i'm not going to bother typing it all out. come over here some and actually fight those reavers. idk how you spar on your server, but in a spar on brandy, we let the reaver use his charge.
    the only time freeps become much stronger is in groups where their otherwise underused support skills become quite powerful.
    (cappy by himself is food, and most freeps by themselves can be killed without an excess of trouble, pair him with something like an LM and you're in hell)

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by loki84 View Post
    if that's no you won't spar him, then i don't blame you.
    but I think you do reavers a disservice with that, there are quite a few strong reavers on brandy, there is beatle, slyc, vitamincc, devastrike (who hits harder than any reaver i've ever seen) there are so many i'm not going to bother typing it all out. come over here some and actually fight those reavers. idk how you spar on your server, but in a spar on brandy, we let the reaver use his charge.
    the only time freeps become much stronger is in groups where their otherwise underused support skills become quite powerful.
    (cappy by himself is food, and most freeps by themselves can be killed without an excess of trouble, pair him with something like an LM and you're in hell)
    ....i've flattened beatle quite a few times, and cc i've only ever seen zerg people down and blow unnecessary cooldowns and run from fights like the average raid-child from brandy. granted i've fought sly and he's decent. freeps are stronger regardless, but if they can't compete then the onus is on them. just because they're ranked doesn't mean they're good.
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by loki84 View Post
    if that's no you won't spar him, then i don't blame you.
    but I think you do reavers a disservice with that, there are quite a few strong reavers on brandy, there is beatle, slyc, vitamincc, devastrike (who hits harder than any reaver i've ever seen) there are so many i'm not going to bother typing it all out. come over here some and actually fight those reavers. idk how you spar on your server, but in a spar on brandy, we let the reaver use his charge.
    the only time freeps become much stronger is in groups where their otherwise underused support skills become quite powerful.
    (cappy by himself is food, and most freeps by themselves can be killed without an excess of trouble, pair him with something like an LM and you're in hell)
    i think you're comparing good creeps to yand. in which case i can understand why you think creeps are on par with freeps. but yea.

    cappy isnt food byhimself :P not even close.

    Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    just because they're ranked doesn't mean they're good.
    this
    Last edited by lugbur; Jul 23 2013 at 03:19 PM.
    lugbur R11 reaver /// guthfred R9 cappy /// beregon R8 hunter /// guthblade R9 champ + too many other things

  18. #43
    I think a PvMP event needs to be organized by forum regulars the next time there is a major beta testing round, so all the people who talk junk about each other, or different servers can put their money where their mouth is.

    Moving past all the e-peen arguments, my opinions are a product of what I've seen players on my servers do and not do. So much of the garbage that people spew in threads like these flies in the face of what I've seen people directly disprove, or just flat-out does not jive with the hard-coded mechanics of the game. It would be nice to actually see people put their claims up to the test.

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    I think a PvMP event needs to be organized by forum regulars the next time there is a major beta testing round, so all the people who talk junk about each other, or different servers can put their money where their mouth is.

    Moving past all the e-peen arguments, my opinions are a product of what I've seen players on my servers do and not do. So much of the garbage that people spew in threads like these flies in the face of what I've seen people directly disprove, or just flat-out does not jive with the hard-coded mechanics of the game. It would be nice to actually see people put their claims up to the test.
    Oh god this, I would love to smack some of the delusional people here in the forums on their head in combat. I think we could have a moors session on BR if someone is up for coordinating masses from multiple servers.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by loki84 View Post
    if that's no you won't spar him, then i don't blame you.
    but I think you do reavers a disservice with that, there are quite a few strong reavers on brandy, there is beatle, slyc, vitamincc, devastrike (who hits harder than any reaver i've ever seen) there are so many i'm not going to bother typing it all out. come over here some and actually fight those reavers. idk how you spar on your server, but in a spar on brandy, we let the reaver use his charge.
    the only time freeps become much stronger is in groups where their otherwise underused support skills become quite powerful.
    (cappy by himself is food, and most freeps by themselves can be killed without an excess of trouble, pair him with something like an LM and you're in hell)
    You obviously don't understand that I'm not going to go over to BW JUST to see your terrible freeps. From what you're saying it sounds like the freeps are all low ranking and don't know how to use their class. I'm on WINDFOLA ARKENSTONE AND SILVERLODE and I'm not just gonna move over to freaking BW just to see how 'good' your creeps are, if they are at all! Next time, read what I wrote a LOT more carefully and you might just figure out what I'm getting at.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload