We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Reavers

Hybrid View

Reavers

Ok. So I'm just going to put this the way I think it should be. I just think that Reaver's need to be buffed. A rank 2 isn't strong enough to solo the WORST player out there! Well... maybe.... But that's beside the point! My point is that Reaver's need to be stronger and do a little more damage. That's all I think. If you guys think there's classes that need to be buffed or debuffed, comment saying why or how. Reaver's are good only to a certain extent, and if they try to go beyond that, They fail! If you guys also think that a Reaver isn't as good as it should be, you don't have to do anything but agree! If you think I'm wrong for some reason, I'd like to hear your opinion. It's not the easiest being a R2 Reaver ANYWHERE! But on the server's I play on, it's especially hard! I'm on Windfola, Arkenstone, and Silverlode.

The problem isn't with Reavers. Any R2 Creep class is utterly worthless against freeps of any calibre. To be honest, any creep class that's lower than R7 is. That's just how screwed the balance is right now, and you'd better get used to it since it's not going to change for a LONG time.

When you get into the higher ranks, Reavers are actually one of the more powerful creep classes out there.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    When you get into the higher ranks, Reavers are actually one of the more powerful creep classes out there.
    I'd even dare say it's the most powerful creep class atm, at least in 1v1.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    I'd even dare say it's the most powerful creep class atm, at least in 1v1.
    Certainly that or the Weaver. One has much higher DPS, notably burst, while the other has a lot of CC and a couple of powerful tricks they can use(traited burrow, reflect). Depending on what freep you come up against it could go either way, I think.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    Certainly that or the Weaver. One has much higher DPS, notably burst, while the other has a lot of CC and a couple of powerful tricks they can use(traited burrow, reflect). Depending on what freep you come up against it could go either way, I think.
    Agreed. It certainly isn't the class.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

As has been pointed out. At rank 2 no creep is worth anything, they're walking renown, the only difference is how many legs they're on. Unless you can get into a group that is willing to take you, just PvE for maps until you get to rank 5, and make sure you get the 'cheap' audacity slots asap. Even after r5 you're going to want to prioritize getting audacity over many of your skills. You are going to be a high priority target, and your goal at low ranks fighting freeps is to last long enough to get a couple shots in for credit on kills ranked creeps are making. IMO Get H4P t2, the class trait to make jagged a bleed, and just focus on audacity till its capped.

I agree with others that along with Weavers, Reavers really are one of the strongest creep classes once you get things like wrath, and the combo of all 4 bleeds with Impale.

I haven't been playing the class long at all, but I think its generally in a good position compared to many other creep classes, and is only really lacking in a better way to close the gap on kiting freeps. Sustained dps is ok, burst DPS is pretty solid, and survivability relative to other creeps is where it should be (this is not to say all creeps don't need more survivability for the raw damage freeps can put out, just that reavers are in the right place compared to other creeps in terms of sturdiness).

I suggested elsewhere and will repeat here. Adding a short duration root (5s pre-aud), instantly broken by direct damage to the effects of the enhanced blade toss trait would pretty well cover the major flaw I see in Reavers, getting kited.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post

I suggested elsewhere and will repeat here. Adding a short duration root (5s pre-aud), instantly broken by direct damage to the effects of the enhanced blade toss trait would pretty well cover the major flaw I see in Reavers, getting kited.
    Can't help having a 'strange' feeling OP is trolling, but nevertheless I'll throw in my two cents real fast. Although the BT-root sounds neat, I'd rather see the rvr have a 10 sec in-combat sprint/2 min. CD, added to the skill set. Imho all creeps should have the rvr's out of combat sprints, which should be a 10 sec one aswell, just 'cause I like the number..
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/547875_10152075720742701_46971757_n.jpg[/IMG]
    66 Maggot Street, Grothum, Arador's End, Ettenmoors.
    Laurelin/Landroval/Brandywine.