We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    In no particular order:

- Impossible Mission (c64)
    - Silent Hill (PS1)
    - Fallout 1 & 2 (PC)
    - Freelancer (PC)
    - Elite (Amiga)
    - Civ I (Amiga)
    - Warlords (Amiga)
    - LOTRO (PC)
    Last edited by q945; Jul 12 2013 at 04:54 AM.
    [SIZE=3]NO SLEEP 'TILL MORDOR!![/SIZE]

Games that ive had the most fun with in no particular order.

Mario KartD
    Ghost Recon series
    Counter strike 1.6/CZ
    Tekken
    Mortal Kombat armageddon
    Socom 1-4. Awesome game with great difficulty
    Fallout 3. Vegas was lacking imo. Cool features though
    Rise Of Nations
    Age of empires
    Civilization
    Legend of zelda(orcarina,,majoras)
    Borderlands 2
    Battlefield 1942
    Original Medal of honors(difficulty was insane at max)
    Call of duty: Big Red One/ 4
    Lotro
    Metal Gear
    Splinter Cell(first few had unmatched AI at the time) coop was even better
    Starwars Battlfront 2. Though medals made you op after they stacked x2500
    Castle Crashers
    Runescape
    Halo series(legendary kept you busy for awhile)
    Need for speed hot pursuit 2
    World in Conflict
    Tf2
    Portal
    Halflife

Just my list of games that are quite memorable. Im forgetting some though.
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Bramor View Post

All of these are games that I've played through countless times over the years, and sometimes still get out to play today . I may be getting too old for this, but somehow, they don't make games like these any more these days .

Ultima 6 rocks. Having a 7 man party was beyond awesome.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

*Diablo 1
    *Diablo 2 LoD
    *Warcraft Ors & Humans
    *Warcraft 2
    *World Of Warcraft
    *Starcraft Brood Wars
    *Dungeon Keeper
    *Heroes Of Might & Magic series
    *Total Annihalation
    *Stronghold
    *Battlefield series
    *Quake 3 Arena
    *GTA series
    *James Pond (amiga)
    *Alex The Kid (Sega Master System 2)
    Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.

Age of Empires 2: the conquerors
    Lotro
    Lotr conquest was epic, till EA brought down the online servers...
    Heroes of might and magic III
    Lotr War in the north

And when I was younger I really liked the Mariokart and Zeldagames still do probably

1 - Deus Ex (still play it today)
    2 - Master of Orion II (still play it today)
    3 - Baldur's gate
    4 - Baldur's gate II
    5 - LOTRO
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Quote Originally Posted by FittyBolger View Post
    2 - Master of Orion II (still play it today)
    That's how I am with Civ II.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Five, OK...

1) City of Heroes
    2) Tales of Middle Earth (ToME) (Moria/Angband variant)
    3) Escape Velocity
    4) Guantlet: Dark Legacy
    5) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

LotRO does make in into the top 10, but the OP said 5.
    Recent immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

1. GTA San Andreas
    2.The Elder Scrolls games
    3.Lotro
    4. Castlevania Mirror of Fate
    5. The Super Mario Galaxy games

The games I've probably had most fun in or spent the most time playing are:

- Mass Effect trilogy
    - Fallout + TES series by Bethesda
    - The Sims 3 (yes.)
    - Assassin's Creed series
    - Maybe dropping a bomb here but World of Warcraft, during it's golden age
    - Baldur's Gate 1 & 2
    - LOTRO
    - Ragnarok Online (the first one)
    - Ultima Online
    - GTA series (favourites are GTA:SA and GTAIV)

lol I'm aware there's more than 5 but hey.. I can't pick just 5.
    Laurelin :: Forgan [Man Champion] :: Conrath [Man Warden] :: Grimolf [Dwarf Runekeeper]

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    That's how I am with Civ II.
    The dated graphics on games I love doesn't bother me at all = I can still play them and love them.

Some of the classics are being updated (like Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition) and others (Deus Ex) have had fan mods to help breathe some new life into an old friend. Gotta love that.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

1) Bioshock
    2) The legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time
    3) Rome: total war
    4) The elder scrolls Oblivion
    5) Red dead Redemption
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

1. Lord of the Rings Online
    2. Everquest
    3. Guild Wars
    4. Neverwinter Nights
    5. Pong on the Atari 2600 [way way way back in the day]

That's a tough one!

Well I guess in no particular order it would be:

Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy XII
    Final Fantasy X
    LOTRO
    Borderlands

Bastion is pretty cool though. And Silent Hill 2...also Fatal Frame, Kindgom Hearts (1/Chain of Memories/2), Okami, Prince of Persia, Misao, Mad Father, The Witch's House, Portal and Portal 2, Persona 3, Resident Evil, Runescape, Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Mega Drive), Tekken, Q.U.B.E., Pokémon (Never got much further than Blue and Yellow), Scribblenauts Unlimited, Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee and Haunting Ground to name but a few...

Oooh, this is difficult! Did it have to only be 5?

1.Extremely modified Skyrim - makes already superb game perfect. If you have very powerful PC it looks like next-gen combined with improved gameplay, gigantic world to explore from very start without limitations and really incredible amount of things to do. There is no greater value for any game for 30$

2.Mass Effect franchise - 1000 variables regarding story , some of coolest and realistic characters ever made. Voice acting,soundtrack and story top notch. Combat system simple, yet very fun. Adrenaline pumped and fast.

3. Gears of War Serial for Xbox-360 - My favorite 3rd person shooter. Esp Gears of War 3 -

4. Halo franchise - Probably best 1st person shooter multiplayer i ever experienced.

5. Very difficult to decide about last one - Either Dragon Age Origins ( modded ) Crysis games ( most realistic shooter ) or LOTRO when it was at his best ( 2007-2009)
    Last edited by Melunielsigh; Aug 18 2013 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunastrad View Post
    Final Fantasy VII
    This quite possibly my favorite game of all time, and I've been playing since PONG. I'll never forget Tifa being trapped on the end of that giant cannon and while she was wondering how she was going to get out of this mess, the Highwind rose up behind her with it's own theme song and lifted her away. Classic. Or when Cloud and Sephiroth faced each other for the last time and you could tell that both of them were resigned to the fact that only one of them was walking away. Good Lord, that game rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Melunielsigh View Post
    1.Extremely modified Skyrim - makes already superb game perfect. If you have very powerful PC it looks like next-gen combined with improved gameplay, gigantic world to explore from very start without limitations and really incredible amount of things to do. There is no greater value for any game for 30$

Oh man, I have mods that make the character's appearance a lot smoother, new landscapes added, the Immersive Armour Mod, a hair mod, a mod that enhanced the appearance of the cities, a merchant mod that gives them more money to buy your stuff, and those are just the ones I remember off hand.

The basic vanilla game was already superb, all these mods brings it up to a whole other level. I just cannot believe the sheer amount of things to do in that game. You can build a house, go adventuring, marry and adopt kids and play with the kids, go dungeoneering, exploring the landscape, watching the sun set, drinking in a tavern while listening to a bard sing, the list just goes on and on.

With today's games and retro game sites like Good Old Games, and Steam selling old games like Final Fantasy VII and Age of Empires II modified for today's systems, this is a good time for someone to enjoy all those single player games.

This quite possibly my favorite game of all time, and I've been playing since PONG. I'll never forget Tifa being trapped on the end of that giant cannon and while she was wondering how she was going to get out of this mess, the Highwind rose up behind her with it's own theme song and lifted her away. Classic. Or when Cloud and Sephiroth faced each other for the last time and you could tell that both of them were resigned to the fact that only one of them was walking away. Good Lord, that game rocks.
    I remember that game; easily my favorite. That's all I used do when I was 4-5 years old. Unfortanatly, my game stopped working at the big battle with that guy from SOLIDER. You had to climb that big reactor thing and all of your team was all hurt or dead and what (poor Wedge!). I got to the top and battled that guy for a bit; however, he'd cast a spell and it would just kinda loop. He's stand there with his wand waving it around and I couldn't interact with the game at all. It did this all the dozens of times I tried to do that part.

Oh man, I have mods that make the character's appearance a lot smoother, new landscapes added, the Immersive Armour Mod, a hair mod, a mod that enhanced the appearance of the cities, a merchant mod that gives them more money to buy your stuff, and those are just the ones I remember off hand.

The basic vanilla game was already superb, all these mods brings it up to a whole other level. I just cannot believe the sheer amount of things to do in that game. You can build a house, go adventuring, marry and adopt kids and play with the kids, go dungeoneering, exploring the landscape, watching the sun set, drinking in a tavern while listening to a bard sing, the list just goes on and on.
    Oh definitely, the mods in skyrim have made the game even better than it is (and that's saying a lot!) Skyrim has to come in number three for me; two being BFME II. I played the first BMFE and found that epic. Just a couple years ago I heard about BFMEII; I can't believe I didn't hear about it earlier. I wasn't able to get a copy of the game (Can't find one in a store to save my life!). I only played the demo and found just that better than most games I've ever played. As for the other two...

I played a Zelda game on the old Nitendo 64 ages ago; don't remeber the name; but I loved it! THat'd come in fourth for me.

As for five I'm not sure. It'd have to be a tie between Fallout 3; played that game over +30 times, Civ II, and the Fall From Heaven II mod for Beyond the Sword.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000397423/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

1) The Lord of the Rings Online
    2) Glitch
    3) Shanghai Dragon's Eye
    4) Lemmings
    5) Sim City
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

- Chronotrigger
    - City of Heroes
    - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    - Batman: Arkham Asylum
    - Halo

Plenty of other games I could mention as also being very, very good. But in the interest of being concise, those are the games that first come to mind when I think of which video games in my life I've thought were the best, most enjoyable, and/or spent the most time playing.

In no particular order;

Elite/Frontier (Can't believe only one other person mentioned Elite!)
    Pool of Radiance series (original SSI games)
    Colonization (original)
    Daggerfall/Morrowind/Oblivion
    Phantasy Star series
    Road Rash
    Pokemon (from when my computer got fried by a power surge and I had to steal my daughter's Gameboy to have anything to play while I saved for a year to afford another computer)
    X-Wing
    Dark Forces
    Diablo2/LoD
    Age of Empires/Age of Kings
    FreeLancer
    X-Beyond the Frontier/Extension/X2
    Sacred/Underworld/Fallen Angel
    WoW: The Burning Crusade/Wrath of the Lich King
    LotRO
    Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    Mount & Blade Warband/With Fire and sword

In no order:

Fallout 2
    Ultima 7: Serpent Isle
    LOTRO
    Baldur's Gate 2
    Tie Fighter

Elite + Frontier
    X-Com/UFO Enemy unknown (original)
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Skies of Arcadia
    Front Mission 3

Cant believe you didnt mention what happened to Aerith, never saw that coming and when it happened I was just stunned.

1) Secret of Mana [I still have my SNES!]
    2) Ocarina of Time [I used to think "it'll never get more beautiful that this"]
    3) Daggerfall [the hipster's TES]
    4) Dwarf Fortress [for teaching me that losing is fun!]
    5) The Walking Dead / Saints Row 2 [for the tears, of sadness for one, of laughter for the other]

Honorable mentions: Baldur's Gate, CoD4, le Manoir de Mortevielle (first entirely voiced game in 1987!), Warcraft II, Dungeon Keeper, Dear Esther, and dozens more.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7803/rz50.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?508409-Scenic-Arda"]Scenic Arda[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532343-Scenic-Helm-s-Deep&p=7014227"]Scenic Helm's Deep[/URL] - [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?519168-New-forum-skin-light-theme"]Forum Light Theme[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by cossieuk View Post
    Cant believe you didnt mention what happened to Aerith, never saw that coming and when it happened I was just stunned.

I has just gotten home at six in the morning from working graveyard and booted up my PlayStation. A few minutes later I saw Aerith get killed, and to this day I remember holding the controller with my mouth literally dropped open.

Quote Originally Posted by Taravith View Post
    1) Secret of Mana [I still have my SNES!]
    2) Ocarina of Time [I used to think "it'll never get more beautiful that this"]
    3) Daggerfall [the hipster's TES]
    4) Dwarf Fortress [for teaching me that losing is fun!]
    5) The Walking Dead / Saints Row 2 [for the tears, of sadness for one, of laughter for the other]

Honorable mentions: Baldur's Gate, CoD4, le Manoir de Mortevielle (first entirely voiced game in 1987!), Warcraft II, Dungeon Keeper, Dear Esther, and dozens more.
    Secret of Mana was beyond awesome, I loved that game. I still have and play Warcraft II to this day, just played it last week. "Stop touching me! Join the army they said!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast