We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Induction times in HD

I will confess I haven't played my LM in probably over a year now but with HD on the horizon, and its promises of combat changes, I may dust him off.

Skills like Gust of Wind always took an age to cast, and may not ever cast if you're being beaten on, so how is the overall speed of combat for an LM in HD?
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=silver][SIZE=1][B]Jharak [/B](65 Hnt)[B] Khandir [/B](87 Grd) [B]Bhrandir [/B](68 LM) [B]Bharahir [/B](100 Wdn)[B]

Brandywine[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

It´s fairly slow on red now.

But the keepers of animals have 0 inductions if their pet crits and even WANT to have more inductions because as long as they have an induction, they are nearly undefeatable (100% damage absorb AND reflection, at least in build 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Killien View Post
    I will confess I haven't played my LM in probably over a year now but with HD on the horizon, and its promises of combat changes, I may dust him off.

Skills like Gust of Wind always took an age to cast, and may not ever cast if you're being beaten on, so how is the overall speed of combat for an LM in HD?

For red line (MONF), expect to feel slower. Some of this is due to slower inductions, some (perhaps) to animations. And most of the new spells have longer inductions than what a MONF LM on Live is used to.

One issue is that the red line has no induction reduction trait. If you've been used to the 25% reduction on Live, be prepared for a slowdown of approximately 33% to 36% on several skills. For example, Burning Embers induction reverts from 1.1 s (Live) to 1.5 s. Be prepared to stand in place a bit longer.

There are induction reduction traits in the yellow and blue lines (which cap out at 15%), but due to the double points for off-spec traits, be prepared to sacrifice a lot of points to get there.

You will also find that the cooldown of many spells, like LOtRD and Ents, has doubled (or more).

KOA is probably the fastest. In addition to the zero induction noted above, it has the base induction reduction skill that caps at 15%, and a second induction reduction skill (splits with your pet), that caps at 9% for you. That generally gets you back to where you are on Live, although the damage tradeoff on the spells is significant.

They did have a change awhile back so that inductions couldn't be set back permanently. If you're stunned it will be interrupted, otherwise it's almost always one setback then you can finish the induction, and that's today pre-HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post

KOA is probably the fastest. In addition to the zero induction noted above, it has the base induction reduction skill that caps at 15%, and a second induction reduction skill (splits with your pet), that caps at 9% for you. That generally gets you back to where you are on Live, although the damage tradeoff on the spells is significant.
    l
    Though I have to admit, I never soloed Library SO fast as on the new KoA... and though you lose Ents, you can still get Lightning storm on a much shorter cd, and of course sticky gourd. AND as said before, you are really happy about inductions on blue now as they now hurt the attacker much more than they hurt you.

And, to be honest... most small fellowship bosses simply fall before you in seconds if you use "Sic em". 30.000 - 50.000 damage in 20 seconds is the dimension we speak of. On a 2 minute CD (ok, it WILL be changed some day, but not now And I didn´t even told you that your debuffing, healing, and group damage increases, too, while using the skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Benthragand View Post
    l
    Though I have to admit, I never soloed Library SO fast as on the new KoA... and though you lose Ents, you can still get Lightning storm on a much shorter cd, and of course sticky gourd. AND as said before, you are really happy about inductions on blue now as they now hurt the attacker much more than they hurt you.

And, to be honest... most small fellowship bosses simply fall before you in seconds if you use "Sic em". 30.000 - 50.000 damage in 20 seconds is the dimension we speak of. On a 2 minute CD (ok, it WILL be changed some day, but not now And I didn´t even told you that your debuffing, healing, and group damage increases, too, while using the skill.

I agree, especially if the damage reflection while induction skill stays anywhere near what it is now

Thanks all.

I watched a Youtube vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJyA8wXqN24) over the weekend featuring the LM's Trait Trees and how that all works. Very informative. The Blue line is looking pretty good I have to say.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=silver][SIZE=1][B]Jharak [/B](65 Hnt)[B] Khandir [/B](87 Grd) [B]Bhrandir [/B](68 LM) [B]Bharahir [/B](100 Wdn)[B]

Brandywine[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

LM are already the most static class in the game.

Increasing inductions is just stupid.

Increasing inductions AND cooldowns is... ...well, beyond stupid.

MoNF LM are already so slow that in groups you get to do nothing as stuff is dead before you get an induction off.

My LM is my main, but if we are slower than current I'll have to reconsider that.

All The Best

Quote Originally Posted by Scirocco View Post
    I agree, especially if the damage reflection while induction skill stays anywhere near what it is now
    It won't. 100% damage immunity and 100% reflect is something no class needs or should have.

I'd be shocked if that trait hits the live server in exactly the same state it was on Beta. The question is what the fix will be. Easy fix would be to reduce the damage absorbed and reflected. Harder fix would be to prevent canceling and restarting inductions indefinitely, which is what took the trait from "really nice, if not a little overpowered" to "utterly gamebreaking".

The latter would probably affect some types of intended gameplay, though, so I wouldn't expect to see it happen between the final beta build and the live server. It's something that seems more like an Update 13 change, maybe, if they decide that a simple nerf to the DNIM trait wasn't enough.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!