We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: fed up!!!!!!

fed up!!!!!!

Hi i have a tailor fully guilded and fully crafted.I am really fed up because i want to make some lvl 75 armour for my hunter but to do that i hit not one but two walls which are
    1 in order to do it from normal crafting and i want to crit i have to have and on my server it seems that scholars have not got recipe or just can't be arsed to tell me and make me some.

2 if i want to go guild way i can't do that either because u need and u need seven of them to make armour.

Now u say well what is problem well has a 6day cd and so if i want to use medium one i need three of them to make a large one but the mediums take 2 days cd,so thne if i want to make small ones to make mdeiums they take 18 hours and i need 7 small to make one medium so to make so many mediums it would take me for ever and by thne my hunter will have lvled.

So over all i am really pissed with turbine because why put recipes in guild if it is impossible to make full set or why it takes so long and so many to make the emblems i need.

Question is will it ever change and the answer is no,so why should i take my time in lvling my crafting up if it takes for ever to make the good armour.

Stockport, eh? very close.(I'm in Manchester) Anyway, yeah, tailors do have a problem, with having a lot more slots to fill than most crafters. Been that way a long time, however, so I don't see it changing. On the other hand, their really isn't much point "digging in" at level 75. 95% of Rohan can be overrun in any old gear, then, when you hit 84, grind yourself a set of hytbold gear , which will stand you in decent stead across Wildermore and most likely also be ok to start, if not finish, helms deep with.
    Last edited by wachkussen; Jul 06 2013 at 07:43 AM.

It's the same for all Crafters

They need the Journal or the Guild Token for the higher level gear

What tickles me is

Once a Crafter has maxed out their Guild Rep, they stop crafting the Tokens
    Then when they come to want something that needs Tokens, they complain

I have kept crafting Tokens long after Maxing Out my Guild Rep

The only Crafter with a real downside is the Tinker
    They have to wait 1 week to make a full set of Guilded Jewellery

All other crafters can fill a set in one sitting, if they have enough tokens
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

malin i have to say when u say it like that i feel like i am a noob for thinking of that what a dam good idea,will start doing that now for my alt's i have got so when they hit 75 i have enough emblems to make armour

You need to plan ahead and stockpile those patterns, especially if you're a tailor or a jeweller. The good news is you can use any unused patterns to advance your guild rep quickly when the new tier comes around. Then it's much quicker to build up a new stockpile.

You can never have too many

Hope this helps.

Eh, you'll level past 75 and be 85 so fast, it's better to just wait and complain then like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    Eh, you'll level past 75 and be 85 so fast, it's better to just wait and complain then like the rest of us.
    In a sense, I fully agree =) Some random quest gear will see you through to 85 fast enough - this isn't entirely satisfying to a completionist and no doubt former cap-lvl gear should/could be cheaper/easier to make but..well that's the shape of things!

The ox clan purple barter stuff can be had for marks and meds now, I hear - perhaps a way forward.

There are "basically free" recipes for lvl 80 teal armor if you are interested. (no cooldown, no special materials)

Also, the Rohan barterers give nice purple-quality armor for just about any 76+ lvl for a very low number of tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Malindruel View Post
    Once a Crafter has maxed out their Guild Rep, they stop crafting the Tokens
    Then when they come to want something that needs Tokens, they complain

I have kept crafting Tokens long after Maxing Out my Guild Rep
    Yes! I learned a couple expansions ago to start doing that with all my guild toons. Make all the guild rep tokens/patterns you can and save them up so you can hit Grand Master again when the next tier up goes live.

Since the recipes are auto-crits, there really does have to be some limiting factor on it and the cool down on the pattern/token is what was chosen.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000005f578/01000/signature.png]Karaoke[/charsig]

re: guild tokens to advance guild rep

Perhaps a dumb noob question, but I'm a fairly recent player who only achieved Grand Master status in my first guild after Rohan expansion came out, and reading the above responses made me wonder - does this mean that with the introduction of a new crafting tier (beyond Eastemnet), my currently maxed-out guild rep status will be pushed back and it would take more guild tokens to re-achieve Grand Master of a guild? Like carrot on a stick?
    Or do they simply keep adding new guild reputation tiers on top of existing ones, to parallel crafting tiers, so instead of being knocked back it would be something brand new like 'supreme grand master' tier or what not?

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    Perhaps a dumb noob question, but I'm a fairly recent player who only achieved Grand Master status in my first guild after Rohan expansion came out, and reading the above responses made me wonder - does this mean that with the introduction of a new crafting tier (beyond Eastemnet), my currently maxed-out guild rep status will be pushed back and it would take more guild tokens to re-achieve Grand Master of a guild? Like carrot on a stick?
    Or do they simply keep adding new guild reputation tiers on top of existing ones, to parallel crafting tiers, so instead of being knocked back it would be something brand new like 'supreme grand master' tier or what not?
    It will not push you back. Everything you can make now as a guild master you will be able to make when they add a new tier. To make the guild recipes for that new tier though, you will have to gain mastery of the new level tier before you can craft items of that new tier. You will have to make patterns again to gain that new level of mastery, so that's why it's good to start making and saving up extra ones now.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000005f578/01000/signature.png]Karaoke[/charsig]

My personal experience on this is that the first toon you have the one that is going to suffer; if you have more than one toon, the ones following will benefit if, as suggested (and especially if you are a jeweler or a tailor) you stockpile your symbols and patterns after achieving grand master status.

My highest toon is currently sitting at level 63. Being the hopeless nerd and anti-social person I am, I have enough toons on the server to have one in every guild. That highest level toon, however, is an explorer. The nicest thing about that is that she has supplied every other toon save for the cook and got them all up to master supreme status with her (I'll have to wait until I get her down into Dunland to start Westfold ) I currently have a guild grand master tailor, a grand master jeweler, a grand master woodworker, and a grand master metalsmith. I will have a grand master weaponsmith before the summer is out, and have a scholar who has almost completed artisan (it's getting harder to supply the scholar at the higher levels as I see that drops needed for supreme level recipes don't happen nearly as often as the lower tier stuff did). The funniest part is that few of those other toons have been played beyond Breeland, and all were supplied by this one toon! The only one she can't supply is the cook, which doesn't matter because, as he is a yeoman, he supplies himself.

Now granted, it makes it hard to get on-level guild armour and jewellry fully outfitted for her, but the next toon I decide to rank up? Since I'm stockpiling all my symbols and patterns, I'll be able to outfit that next toon quite easily.

But I can feel your pain--it can be quite annoying to realize that in order to make a full set of guild armour for a toon, you need about 3 to 4 weeks of daily work to get all the symbols, and by then, the toon has outleveled that armour and you need the set higher set! I run into that with my primary toon, and since I'm a solo player and therefore will never have access to end game and raid gear, that can make ranking her up a bit difficult at times. Though on the flipside, since they've made the game much easier, playing her with lower level gear can give me a challenge, so when I do achieve what I was trying to do, I get a real sense of accomplishment (I'm still quite proud of being able to take down Dushkal in Urugarth by myself, even if I was level 63 at the time--I was a hunter, after all! )

I don't post often so when I do, it's usually because I'm also pretty fed up. I was very excited when I completed Grand Master Tailor only to realize that I needed to continue making patterns so that I could finish a full set of Hybolt armour. I totally understand making the armour hard to obtain, but I'm looking at 4 months (human time) before I can kit out my girlfriend and me with a full set of armour. We are completely willing to purchase something akin to a task limit reset from the lotro store to remove each cooldown but there's simply no option but to wait and tap our thumbs. Suddenly this game just got very disappointing. I agree with the thread originator.

Turbine: Please offer some methods to avoid the cooldown timer on patterns. As a paying member of the game, this is just encouraging me to move to free to play for the next 4 months. Put cooldown refreshers on the lotro store. Make paid players have a faster cooldown. Make bartering for patterns more ... useful.

You do have a couple of options-

-Grind out the Hytbold armour. Guides to do this can be found on the forums.
    -Craft small and medium tokens as well. These can be converted into the next "size" up.
    -Ask if any guild tailors will craft the items for you. To reduce the cost supply the materials.
    -Pretty sure all guild recipes can be purchases from the traders near the Snowbourn Mead Hall. These recipes are not 100% crit.

These pretty much cover your current options.