We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How do I beat impale?

I have been in the Moors for a few months now. And I have been doing 1v1s I stopped doing CDs etc etc. But impale always gets me unless I pot it or use CDs even with 40% phy and tact mits and 22% crit defence I still lose about 4-6k just with impale. Is there any way to beat this without CDs or pots?

Impale ignores mitigations.

It does damage based on how many bleeds are active and 2 out of 4 reaver bleeds are on a longer cd than their duration, so when you see that you have enough active, you could kite the reaver until they've worn off, reducing the damage impale will do. Tactics like this were quite common before U10, when many good burgs were relying on trick kiting to beat reavers without CDs.

There's nothing wrong with using KO in a spar. Reavers often use Wrath as well. I'd pot the Trash dot as it comes up, then wait for mutilation to come up and then pop KO. Otherwise try kiting and using dazes to the max.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthiness View Post
    There's nothing wrong with using KO in a spar. Reavers often use Wrath as well. I'd pot the Trash dot as it comes up, then wait for mutilation to come up and then pop KO. Otherwise try kiting and using dazes to the max.
    My server thinks any CD is a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by ry5555 View Post
    with good reason.

Are the reavers using wrath? If you're really struggling with reavers who are just straight dpsing you down without using wrath or AtO, there is probably room for improvement in your gear/rotation/movement/etc. If I were consistently losing to a reaver who was using either of these, I wouldn't hesitate to either trick-kite them to avoid the bigger impale hits and not let them take advantage of wrath, or use knives out.

If you don't like how someone is fighting you 1v1, swap sides and chat (respectfully), or don't fight them.

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Are the reavers using wrath? If you're really struggling with reavers who are just straight dpsing you down without using wrath or AtO, there is probably room for improvement in your gear/rotation/movement/etc. If I were consistently losing to a reaver who was using either of these, I wouldn't hesitate to either trick-kite them to avoid the bigger impale hits and not let them take advantage of wrath, or use knives out.

If you don't like how someone is fighting you 1v1, swap sides and chat (respectfully), or don't fight them.
    I try not to use CDs but the only thing that gets me is impale. I will try kiting now.

Kiting and stuns work for me. Hardest part i find about the reavers is their use of wrath and gut punch to get defeat responses up.

I wouldn't say it's a crime, but it may give you a bad reputation
    Reavers are the toughest fight imo, impale is OP.

I have been in the Moors for a few months now. And I have been doing 1v1s I stopped doing CDs etc etc. But impale always gets me unless I pot it or use CDs even with 40% phy and tact mits and 22% crit defence I still lose about 4-6k just with impale. Is there any way to beat this without CDs or pots?
    4-6k heath loss just from impale? Really ? I never crit above 3k with impale. Even when I'm fighting low aud hunters.

CDs r a crime

P.S
    I have seen peeps get ganked in a 1v1 cause they used CDs
    Last edited by Fererif; Jul 06 2013 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fererif View Post
    4-6k heath loss just from impale? Really ? I never crit above 3k with impale. Even when I'm fighting low aud hunters.
    I meant overall with bleeds around 2-3k at first then we you remove the bleeds is causes around 700-900 per bleed.

You don't.

As soon as you get a bleed on you, try and pot it immediately. If you can't, kite them with tricks until the bleed ticks off, otherwise they'll stack a few more and crit you into oblivion with it. (Assuming you have maxed trick range legacy (If not, why?) )