We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by the_matrix View Post
    "If you want a fight, don't kite."
    Ah that reminds me of something Lathandria put up on this site once...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLMYTQUw8Lc

X
    D
    Turine Turambare - Warlord - Warg Slayer - Weaver's Enemy - Reaver's Enemy - Blackarrow's Enemy - Warleader's Enemy - Defiler Foe
    TEAM F
    ... occasionally seen on... Mynutts/Thick/Blasthardcheese/Vladtheimpaler/Morvagor/Twiggyt/Belege/Bodybags

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye64 View Post
    What lags people out is buffs... There's nothing you can do about and debuffs on your enemies... It's annoying and I would rather not see debuffs/buffs at all if they're just gunna drop my framerate so much.
    That did knock me down to 5 fps for any rvr fights... once I turned off most PP effects and buffs (not including self buffs)... I was back at 160 fps... and I could actually auto attack in raids!
    Turine Turambare - Warlord - Warg Slayer - Weaver's Enemy - Reaver's Enemy - Blackarrow's Enemy - Warleader's Enemy - Defiler Foe
    TEAM F
    ... occasionally seen on... Mynutts/Thick/Blasthardcheese/Vladtheimpaler/Morvagor/Twiggyt/Belege/Bodybags

Quote Originally Posted by Agonize View Post
    I do agree that champions are OP as of now...
    As of the last year and half swagonize ^^
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001f8bc4/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Now if you could edit it to remove all your kiting and the fact that you withdrew first, I'm sure it'll be another masterpiece. My apologies for not standing around to see if you were going to come back and gank me with your friends.
    no editing required, the vid says it all.

With bubbles, heals, and staggeringly high mitigations how about lets just fight like two melee classes and see what happens...but that makes for such boring video I suppose.
    k so the only way you'll stick around is if I stand still and don't avoid any damage or healing from wrath? How about we just drop all the weapons and settle this the old fashioned way....fisticuffs!

"If you want a fight, wait until I have wargs, or until I have a healer, or just stop trying to fight back, or make it so I can dr run away again to deny points!
    cool story!
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; Jul 11 2013 at 05:50 PM.

double post
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; Jul 11 2013 at 05:51 PM.

Hawt Dam!! I'm famous!!! But Ago's right, a pox on my slow &&& keyboard turning, its brought me nothing but....well, tens of thousands of kbs, a hundred thousand kills, and a relatively miniscule k/d ratio.
    Time invested does not equal skill...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001fdba6/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

k so the only way you'll stick around is if I stand still and don't avoid any damage or healing from wrath? How about we just drop all the weapons and settle this the old fashioned way....fisticuffs!
    As amazing as it sounds, yes. Back in the day kiting was a necessary and effective strategy for certain classes (hunters, minis) to win 1v1s against reavers, but I don't believe I ever encountered a skilled champ who needed to kite during a 1v1. Now that Turbine has made the champ class practically idiot-proof (although there are some who consistently prove me wrong) with all this kiting I am witness to the most cowardly bunch of misfit champs I've ever seen. Now granted its not all the champs’ fault, it’s really tempting to ezmode when Turbine drops it in your lap, particularly if the requisite skill was previously absent. But heck, we’re melee classes for goodness sake, let’s leave the dancing and kiting to classes that need it…like minis.

Time invested does not equal skill...
    Might be true for someone who has never 1v1'd, but thanks for your contribution!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c010000146159/signature.png]Rigs[/charsig]
    "One hand holds iron, the other wields steel. If the right one don't get you then the left one will."

As amazing as it sounds, yes. [other garbage intended to make me feel better about not using strategy and movement]
    This is why you're not even close to the best reaver even though you have most time and renown invested. U use wrath, I kite it. I choose to gimp myself in limiting cds against most people, even someone as warg packing, nuthugging, ezmoding as you. I'm finding other ways to improve my playstyle that don't involve cds for obvious reasons someone such as yourself chooses not to consider for fear of losing or dying.
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; Jul 12 2013 at 07:49 PM.

cowardly
    I just re-read your post and just had to point out how hypocritical this was.

, but I don't believe I ever encountered a skilled champ who needed to kite during a 1v1.
    Once upon a time champs had to kite to beat a Reaver. It was either that or use Control burn and possibly Dire need. Turry Cookie probably remembers Cramer and his AoE kiting. Talk about long fights...fight a damn champ who wants to bow you down.
    Co-Founder of TEAM F. Turined R9 champ. Mashedtaters R9 Reaver
    Perma-Retired Pre SoM- R9 Hnt. R8 Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Slin6 View Post
    Once upon a time champs had to kite to beat a Reaver. It was either that or use Control burn and possibly Dire need. Turry Cookie probably remembers Cramer and his AoE kiting. Talk about long fights...fight a damn champ who wants to bow you down.
    Yep the champ 'golden years' during late MoM/early-mid SoM... you could count the number of active pvp champs on one hand... and reavers/OP Guards were the best overall melee dps in the game. Champs were still relative &&&& in SoA too until they came out with epic craftable teals and Rift gear... of course we had nothing comparable to the epic LM/Burg CC that had no DR or immunity... FUN TIMES!
    TEAM F

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    yes that's the one! Got a good shot of your backside with that one. I can appreciate getting bored when both are at 6k morale. It's much funner I'm sure with 4 creeps on your behind at all times.
    Runs... I mean Rigs, did not run away from a fight... that kind of thing never happens. Runs always keeps the fight going all the way to the end. Only when being ganked, or suspected of being ganked, does he run away from 1v1s. Maybe, he will come back with the old "I only run from champions or any OP freep"... that could be argued for all freeps. Do you run from burglars Runs? Oh wait, never, because you're Rigs and you have a crazy k/d ratio and tons of kbs/kills. That is how you know if you're good or not, right? Whether you have phat killing blows really makes your skill shine. <3 Keep on keeping it classy Runs. I do think I like brand,brand,brand,brand, DR out of range when losing Runs better. Was more fun to watch you run that phat little a## of yours away ;D.
    [center][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/PerishableOath]Burglar 'Moors Videos[/url][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Agonize View Post
    or suspected of being ganked, does he run away from 1v1s. .
    Maybe he is just very paranoid and always thinks he is going be ganked.
    Co-Founder of TEAM F. Turined R9 champ. Mashedtaters R9 Reaver
    Perma-Retired Pre SoM- R9 Hnt. R8 Reaver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2