We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

vilya's finest wargs!

watch them in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BhGI3c_BMs

And if you target Jebbs again he'll disappear before your very eyes.

Nicely shot video . . .

But . . .

Five Wargs can't take down one well geared, and equally well played, Freep?

Sorry, that says Broken Mechanics to me. I've run with most of the people involved in that video. It shouldn't have been that easy.

I think it's time to wait for U11 and see if they get the balance back.
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

Quote Originally Posted by l4j View Post
    equally well played

I would rep you Husty, I swear I would if I haven't already. It won't let me do it.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#00ff00]Brandywhine[/COLOR] / [COLOR=#4b0082]Vilya[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ff00]Fortiscor R10[/COLOR] / [COLOR=#4b0082]Slownkite R9[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#00ff00]Beastt R7[/COLOR] /[COLOR=#4b0082] Diggaa R12[/COLOR]
    [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?561868-Warg-Build-Warg-Rotation-Warg-Guide&p=7292621#post7292621"]Warg Guide[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by l4j View Post
    Five Wargs can't take down one well geared, and equally well played, Freep?

Sorry, that says Broken Mechanics to me. I've run with most of the people involved in that video. It shouldn't have been that easy.
    Five wargs and a reaver as high as Rigs should be able to rip through any champion... Just because these wargs/reavers failed epically with their keyboard turning and lack of knowing how to play their class (maybe not all of them) doesn't make it imbalanced...

I do agree that champions are OP as of now... This video only shows how far mouse turning can get you when you're facing keyboard turners with no dps rotation.

I know Runs has a dps rotation but he's running too much to know use it.. Go Canucks!
    [center][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/PerishableOath]Burglar 'Moors Videos[/url][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Agonize View Post
    Five wargs and a reaver as high as Rigs should be able to rip through any champion... Just because these wargs/reavers failed epically with their keyboard turning and lack of knowing how to play their class (maybe not all of them) doesn't make it imbalanced...

I do agree that champions are OP as of now... This video only shows how far mouse turning can get you when you're facing keyboard turners with no dps rotation.

I know Runs has a dps rotation but he's running too much to know use it.. Go Canucks!
    Because, you know, it's just so perfectly balanced...
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine-Killer94 View Post
    Forgive me for being nice to someone who plays the opposing forces...
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

they don't debuff or anything :/. I'm an above average player playing on an above average class, so I don't expect any warg to beat me in a 1v1 without limitations. But they pack up so much it's fun to watch them scramble when the fight doesn't go their way. They've just spent too much time killing solos without any chance. Maybe this will push them to figure out ways to improve. More than likely they will 1) not fight me any more or 2) get more wargs.
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; Jul 07 2013 at 11:44 PM.

vilya's finest wargs!

I'm an far above average player playing on the (currently) worse class in the moors.

But whats with all that gear on your skillbar?
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post
    I'm an far above average player playing on the (currently) worse class in the moors.

I don't think defilers are the worst class in the moors. I think that's the warg on creepside and the hunter on freepside. Between the two im not sure who needs more love.

In terms of armor there are 3 moors sets available as well as 3 hytbold and 3 erebor sets. On top of that I run with a couple older sets for their bonuses to swap in when using some skills. I have 4 bags full of armor sets and jewellery.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    I don't think defilers are the worst class in the moors. I think that's the warg on creepside and the hunter on freepside. Between the two im not sure who needs more love.

In terms of armor there are 3 moors sets available as well as 3 hytbold and 3 erebor sets. On top of that I run with a couple older sets for their bonuses to swap in when using some skills. I have 4 bags full of armor sets and jewellery.
    x2...

In regards to the wargs... debuffing is one thing, but when you're fighting an ardour champ two of those high ranked wargs should've swapped to flayer stance... the rest dpsing from 'BEHIND' the champ for the epic positional dmg (and only 3 of his aoes will hit you)... also, there's a big indicator that he's swapping to epic aoe deeps mode (his gear swaps = glowy bubble)... if I had a warg pack to fight him I'd stack mauls/claws till I saw the gear swap bubble, then back off and let a flayer warg play with him for 30s, then finish him off with with the group... use sprint/hips offensively, should be a cake walk.

Granted wargs are in a bad spot right now, but you don't try to /faceroll an aoe specced champ with your whole pack.
    Last edited by Turin_Turambar_The_F; Jul 08 2013 at 11:22 AM.
    Turine Turambare - Warlord - Warg Slayer - Weaver's Enemy - Reaver's Enemy - Blackarrow's Enemy - Warleader's Enemy - Defiler Foe
    TEAM F
    ... occasionally seen on... Mynutts/Thick/Blasthardcheese/Vladtheimpaler/Morvagor/Twiggyt/Belege/Bodybags

turine

shhhhhhh

Hawt Dam!! I'm famous!!! But Ago's right, a pox on my slow &&& keyboard turning, its brought me nothing but....well, tens of thousands of kbs, a hundred thousand kills, and a relatively miniscule k/d ratio. Its a good thing Turbine gave champs multiple bubbles, full heals, and lest I forget, the ability to lag me out with gear switching, else you'd look like you did for all those years when you were nothing but fleas on my a$$. But next time make a video where NPCs don't do 9/10s of the damage for you, it'll make you look slightly cooler.
    Last edited by the_matrix; Jul 09 2013 at 02:09 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c010000146159/signature.png]Rigs[/charsig]
    "One hand holds iron, the other wields steel. If the right one don't get you then the left one will."

Quote Originally Posted by the_matrix View Post
    and lest I forget, the ability to lag me out with gear switching...
    I've seen this thrown out a bunch of times, however, when I ran into Figgles on my warg his obvious glow bubble gear swap didn't lag me out at all... what does lag me out big time are the server lines... then there's always that nice random skill lock out.
    Turine Turambare - Warlord - Warg Slayer - Weaver's Enemy - Reaver's Enemy - Blackarrow's Enemy - Warleader's Enemy - Defiler Foe
    TEAM F
    ... occasionally seen on... Mynutts/Thick/Blasthardcheese/Vladtheimpaler/Morvagor/Twiggyt/Belege/Bodybags

Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post

I didn't think defiler was the gimp creep class. I thought heals were decent and debuffs and good. I mean it isn't a DPS class so what else does it really need? I think it is well balanced as long as you do not compare it directly to a minstrel (remember the classes are supposed to be different...).

Wargs are obviously in need of attention. Just so squishy in a raid and could use a little DPS boost.

I don't agree with figgles about hunters being gimp. Just because they are squishy and may not win some 1v1's doesn't make them gimp. They have 40m range and a ton of DPS...that is what the class is. Obviously LM's need the most work ./sarcasm.

P.S Now that i know gear swap lags rigs I'm going go make a ton of macros!
    Co-Founder of TEAM F. Turined R9 champ. Mashedtaters R9 Reaver
    Perma-Retired Pre SoM- R9 Hnt. R8 Reaver

The gear swapping tends to lag me out also but I think the freeps know this. Its just another advantage the freeps have over the creeps with multiple gear that they switch out to get additional CDs and skills crits. The music was nice though in the video, the action comical, and seeing the wargs run in one after another to get the KB on Jebbs with all those NPCs was imo, not smart.

Hawt Dam!! I'm famous!!! But Ago's right, a pox on my slow &&& keyboard turning, its brought me nothing but....well, tens of thousands of kbs, a hundred thousand kills, and a relatively miniscule k/d ratio. Its a good thing Turbine gave champs multiple bubbles, full heals, and lest I forget, the ability to lag me out with gear switching, else you'd look like you did for all those years when you were nothing but fleas on my a$$. But next time make a video where NPCs don't do 9/10s of the damage for you, it'll make you look slightly cooler.
    don't u worry rigs! I got a reeeeal good one of ya

Quote Originally Posted by Slin6 View Post
    I didn't think defiler was the gimp creep class. I thought heals were decent and debuffs and good. I mean it isn't a DPS class so what else does it really need? I think it is well balanced as long as you do not compare it directly to a minstrel (remember the classes are supposed to be different...).

Wargs are obviously in need of attention. Just so squishy in a raid and could use a little DPS boost.

I don't agree with figgles about hunters being gimp. Just because they are squishy and may not win some 1v1's doesn't make them gimp. They have 40m range and a ton of DPS...that is what the class is. Obviously LM's need the most work ./sarcasm.

P.S Now that i know gear swap lags rigs I'm going go make a ton of macros!
    hunters need some sort of cd that allows them to put that epic dps to use. champs have bubbles, healing classes heal, reavers wrath, wargs hips n sprint (could use a better offensive cd), weavers have pet heal, burrow, blackarrows moving target (I know, not useful vs tact) and uruk heal. Really the only thing hunters have is flop+DF, but that's in line with wargs hips and sprint but on a much longer cd.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    hunters need some sort of cd that allows them to put that epic dps to use. champs have bubbles, healing classes heal, reavers wrath, wargs hips n sprint (could use a better offensive cd), weavers have pet heal, burrow, blackarrows moving target (I know, not useful vs tact) and uruk heal. Really the only thing hunters have is flop+DF, but that's in line with wargs hips and sprint but on a much longer cd.
    I disagree.

Hunters have more then enough skills to use that DPS (resolute aim, some sort of bubble, kiting in situations where applicable). That has always been the issue with hunters. In MoM when hunters were 3 shotting creeps constantly we (myself included) were complaining we needed to be better 1v1. If we didn't make those big crits we were to squishy and wargs would crush us 1v1. It wasn't because we didn't have the skills...because we didn't have the skill. If hunters get more skills to help them a good hunter will be unstoppable and a ok hunter (most of them if not all of them) will be great. They are already more then good enough in any sort of camp or raid. It is hard to balance it and make it &&&&&& proof for the other situations.

All those skills you list are an issue. I think one of turbines biggest mistakes was giving minstrels DPS in MoM. That started the trend of giving everyone self heals and DPS...look what that did to PvP.

I also feel champs should have zero bubbles.

I had another post typed out but the lotro forum ate it and wouldn't give it back...hope this one works
    Co-Founder of TEAM F. Turined R9 champ. Mashedtaters R9 Reaver
    Perma-Retired Pre SoM- R9 Hnt. R8 Reaver

Yeah, first they gave everything skills with the ability to survive longer, then they gave everyone audacity. We don't need audacity if we have these survival skills and we don't need the survival skills if we have audacity. If dps wasn't as spikey since lvl 65 it'd be more obvious too. Take away survival skills and then healers wouldn't seem so OP too. But this is the game we live in and it only is going to get worse in terms of OP skills on freepside. Since hunters are really the only class without anything to allow them to last a little longer, I say bring them up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Slin6 View Post

All those skills you list are an issue. I think one of turbines biggest mistakes was giving minstrels DPS in MoM. That started the trend of giving everyone self heals and DPS...look what that did to PvP.
    I disagree partially. While the meta gaming is not what PvP should be, I think being able to DPS on a healer in PvP is perfectly fine. It was just ruined when Turbine removed the outgoing healing debuff on Warspeech. I've seen Minstrels do just fine in certain situations where they didn't need to spam heal themselves while being able to DPS. They can keep one or two of their hots(obvs not the one that heals you for a lot and then gives a HoT) but like SoS and Valar's Grace. Or Valar's Grace and Anthem HoT.

I mean, how many PvPers would we lose if Guardian's DPS was removed and Minstrel's DPS capability were gone? I think you should have a choice to either be a Tank, Healer, or DPS(Or support). You shouldn't have them all at once.

Champs don't need bubbles, Healers traited heals need to have DPS skills greyed out for the most part(If you're a RK you can't go up in battle attunement and you can only use the skills that don't require you to be battle-attuned, Minstrels can't go into Warspeech, etc), Healers traited DPS should lose their heals!(Atleast most of them, like Minis should keep HoTs, RKs can keep writs) Plain and simple. LMs don't need WL in DPS. I've seen LMs do just fine without it, even on this server. There's more to be said but you guys see where I'm going with this
    Last edited by eagleeye64; Jul 11 2013 at 02:02 AM.
    [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?561868-Warg-Build-Warg-Rotation-Warg-Guide&p=7292621#post7292621"]Warg Guide[/URL][/CENTER]

don't u worry rigs! I got a reeeeal good one of ya
    I'm really hoping its the fight where I engaged at good tr map point and you kited around for 5 mins trying to draw me closer to your friends or simply trying to start your video recording, and I finally got bored and walked away. That was a fight for the ages. :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c010000146159/signature.png]Rigs[/charsig]
    "One hand holds iron, the other wields steel. If the right one don't get you then the left one will."

What lags people out is buffs... There's nothing you can do about and debuffs on your enemies... It's annoying and I would rather not see debuffs/buffs at all if they're just gunna drop my framerate so much.

I'm really hoping its the fight where I engaged at good tr map point and you kited around for 5 mins trying to draw me closer to your friends or simply trying to start your video recording, and I finally got bored and walked away. That was a fight for the ages. :P
    yes that's the one! Got a good shot of your backside with that one. I can appreciate getting bored when both are at 6k morale. It's much funner I'm sure with 4 creeps on your behind at all times.
    Last edited by mrfigglesworth; Jul 11 2013 at 02:54 AM.

If you want a fight, don't kite.

yes that's the one! Got a good shot of your backside with that one. I can appreciate getting bored when both are at 6k morale. It's much funner I'm sure with 4 creeps on your behind at all times.
    Now if you could edit it to remove all your kiting and the fact that you withdrew first, I'm sure it'll be another masterpiece. My apologies for not standing around to see if you were going to come back and gank me with your friends.

With bubbles, heals, and staggeringly high mitigations how about lets just fight like two melee classes and see what happens...but that makes for such boring video I suppose.

"If you want a fight, don't kite."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast