We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Pocket Items

Hybrid View

Pocket Items

Opinions on pocket items....

I don't have a gold item, but I'm currently looking at the teal ones and which ones to use. I usually swap between Exquisite Cardolan Trinket (DPS) and Wildermore Curio of Endurance (morale/crit d/mits).....Would I be better off using something like Charred Armour Fragment that is a blend? Again, this is mainly just thoughts on teal items. Thanks guys!

I too do not have the gold pocket. I tend to rotate between Exquisite Cardolan Trinket (full DPS), Spirited Scroll of Éomer (debuff/support that requires survival - eg Flight), and Charred Amour Fragments (mixed).

I don't use Charred Armour Fragments as much these days, I rarely need to balance survival AND dps on my lore-master.

I use the Hardened Barrow Brie (Thadur drop) on my LM.

Seconded on IzzyJ83’s suggestion of the Hardened Barrow-brie for DPS. Slightly better DPS stats than the Exquisite Cardolan Trinket, and has the will proc buff as well. If your requirements are max DPS and teal, then it’s best-in-slot.

The Curio you mentioned is a solid choice for defense. If it had phys mit, it would be perfect, but that item was probably tuned more for tanks for whom extra phys mit is useless rather than us. Still, it’s got some great defense stats. With max protection and teal as requirements, I’d call it best-in-slot as well.

As for mixed, it’s really hard to suggest something without knowing the rest of your build or what you do with your LM. I can say that the Charred Armour Fragment is not a very good mixed item. The vit is nice, but 75 is not very much. If your build absolutely needs that last 75 vit, I’d suggest that it could be found in other places because there are other pocket items that offer a bit more useful mixes.

The Spirited Scroll of Eomer that Toreldor mentioned is an interesting one. You get twice the morale as the Armour Fragments plus some precious b/p/e with its +384 Evade Rating. Again, this depends on what you do because that evade rating is useless in the moors and mostly useless in groups. If you’re soloing a lot, pulling aggro in groups, or taking a beating from NPC mobs in some other way however, that evade is precious.

In group settings or the moors, the Ancient Arnorian Figurine might be a better choice because it gives +970 Crit Defence. It does have fate instead of crit rating which you may or may not like depending on how you feel about fate. It also does not have any vit, mits, or morale. However, I personally value crit defence very highly in raid and survivability builds. Seems with most encounters, it’s not the steady, less powerful hits that get you; it’s the nasty big ones that crit that knock you off your feet. If you really want morale stats, again, I’d suggest looking in other places. You can quite literally get them in any slot you wish. Crit defence is a bit tougher to find. Certainly a lot easier with the Wildermore release than before, but still limited to certain slots. That makes the Figurine an item to at least consider.

Since it’s technically teal, I should probably mention that an even better choice would be the Majestic Alabaster Figurine. However, given where it drops, you’d probably have an easier time getting yourself a gold item.

On the whole though, I tend to stay away from mixes and at the extremes with my pocket item because it, along with the cloak, is one of the most adaptable slots. In fact, I generally keep most of my gear static and change my build solely by swapping out pockets, cloaks, and traits. Extreme cases do require more changes, but I find I can usually get the job done in just those three places.
    85 LM Berewen, 85 Burg Balculus, 85 Guard Benferth

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo07 View Post
    Opinions on pocket items....

I don't have a gold item, but I'm currently looking at the teal ones and which ones to use. I usually swap between Exquisite Cardolan Trinket (DPS) and Wildermore Curio of Endurance (morale/crit d/mits).....Would I be better off using something like Charred Armour Fragment that is a blend? Again, this is mainly just thoughts on teal items. Thanks guys!
    This may be a slightly different twist on the OP, but I am wondering how people approach the whole Eribrandir's Horseshoe question. I've been wearing it superstitiously now for a long time, while keeping all kinds of will-boosting pocket items in storage for a rainy day. All the while I'm wondering, is this madness to keep wearing this horseshoe??

Quote Originally Posted by Moskvich View Post
    This may be a slightly different twist on the OP, but I am wondering how people approach the whole Eribrandir's Horseshoe question. I've been wearing it superstitiously now for a long time, while keeping all kinds of will-boosting pocket items in storage for a rainy day. All the while I'm wondering, is this madness to keep wearing this horseshoe??
    You shouldn't be wearing the horseshoe full-time. The devs already released what it does and "what it does" doesn't affect loot or anything. It only affects some portions of the Epic and some festivals.
    If you really wanna wear it while looting, just swap it in before opening chests, and then switch back to a Will pocket.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    You shouldn't be wearing the horseshoe full-time. The devs already released what it does and "what it does" doesn't affect loot or anything. It only affects some portions of the Epic and some festivals.
    If you really wanna wear it while looting, just swap it in before opening chests, and then switch back to a Will pocket.
    Thanks, TinDragon! I had read somewhat in the forums and spoken with kinnies about the horseshoe, and it still seemed very vague to me. This gives me some confidence about going back to my longstanding aim to boost Will as much as I can.

For PvE content I go with the Hardened Barrow Brie, in the moors I use the Spirited Scroll.

I won't waste my time grinding for golds. Creeps fear me just fine with the gear I have!
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r10 (active) Mini