We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Who was your Moors Mentor?????

Past threads have made about the conditions of how new commers steps in moors. That made me remember to whom i own my liking to moors. A bit more than a year ago i went vip just to unlocked swifts virtues for my new toons, seeing litle point of interesting in that entermoors thingy...That was until i observed a kin member spending most of his time in that area..He became the person who showed me the basics, took time to show me the places and willed to group and go for the hunt so i could have my firsts 1v1 ... he encouraged me after those starting fights ..also making sure i didnt die and when about to loose he just went for the needed kb..He took the time to jump on the diferent kind of creeps so to have the basic ideas of how to defeat different kinds of enemies ... experiences like that provided me the raw mats from where to build my still underconstruction game ...and its one exaple of how we can help new commers ..I thank Vyrack for his time and mentoring ..its pays to adopt and mentor a noob freep.

I realize i left out other people that in a direct way ispired me :
    I learned a lot from 2 minstrel by watching what they did and secretly inspecting them : Mels and Rathziel (forgive my typing).
    Last edited by MithrilMinded; Sep 08 2013 at 10:21 PM.

ALL day! Just me. By myself. On the block. Holdin it down. Gun in my waist. Straight face. All day. Not a game. In jail. By myself. 1 bed. No pillow case. 1 pillow. Didnt nobody write me. It was early. Woke up. Went back to sleep. Took a nap.
    Chieftain Akart, Servant of [B]Fernando the Benevolent[/B] and [B]Chester the Sleepy Squirrel[/B]

For me i remember when i was rank 6 or so Loaf was the one who showed me every trick when it came to the WL. How to heal good in a raid, even the ways to trait and tricks for 1v1's. Cheers to you loaf
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820701000020bce7/signature.png]Brolluk[/charsig]

I learned alot from trial and error, but I definitely learned alot from burgerprince. He was pretty chill till I started to own his reaver lol.
    Jag

My mentor was the war tyrant that dances by the campfire at grams and occasionally spewed orange text into my chat box. Total beast. Learned me how to bust many moves.
    [B][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]The spider formerly known as Morthil[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]
    Arkenstone[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Grishlath [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]Landroval[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Xenisthis, Raivotar, Skarsgoth, Shaplash
    Primordial Darkness - The One Man Solo Tribe
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#B22222][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

I think the first people I ever really paid attention to grouping with were Beakon, Leo, then Easy later on. On creep side my first memories were doing a lot of TA lawn fighting with Bigdaddypympstick and Zeus. Those were the days. I can't even remember half the people's names anymore, but I do remember the Moors being legendary.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by MithrilMinded View Post
    I thank Vyrack for his time and mentoring ...
    lol glad to hear I actually left a positive memory here and there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820701000021f21e/signature.png]Vyturack[/charsig]
    ''Scissors are OP, rock is fine.'' - Paper

I rarely enter the Moors anymore but when I did....my mentors or crew (the original GoG) that I learned the most from were Kryptix, Sugarbear, Aryante, Axlle, Richard, Coldstone, etc. Kickin the snot out of the Immortals - Vassu, Recluse, Durtz, Vulfen, Tinic, Whitestripe, etc. was our only purpose out there. We rolled with 3 minnies deep at all times and NONE of them ever healed...EVER. Giving Sugarbear and Aryante Warspeech was like handing candy to a couple kids.

Of course, those same Immortals took my greenie warg, Ittuq, into their tribe and showed me the ropes on that side. Still a greenie.

Also, like to mention Beakon, Relo and Easy...those 3 took me under their wing a few times when I was a fresh 50 and showed me a few hunter tricks.

A trip down memory lane, fun thread, enjoy the fishbowl...buh bye.
    Last edited by QuttideBachi; Jul 06 2013 at 02:31 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000003b1b0/01000/signature.png]Quttidebachi[/charsig]

When you get to age 94 your brain starts fading on you, but I'll try anyway.

On creep side I'd say Droggo, Durtz, and Chknoris (or whatever his name was), and there was a female who helped me a lot when I started. I want to say her name was Rivfader but not 100% sure.

On freep side, probably Aryante and Nelbon. Daec taught me a lot but I don't want to boost his ego by saying he was a mentor.

I'm sure I am missing a lot of equally helpful people from long ago.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

Good on you fin for this post. + rep

Anywho.... It would have to be Glorno and Flaky. They were both crazy good at what they did. Poor Glorno was teaching a *&&&&&&* rank 5 reaver how to play.. bless his heart lol.. I would quit on me and just take the points! And a tip of the hat to Flaky. I'm sure I never beat him in a one v one. But he taught me how to fight burgs ( before knives out and all that good stuff)

Anyhow great post again fin! Your starting to play one hek of a mini!
    Last edited by motumbo; Jul 07 2013 at 12:45 PM.

Freeps- Deok lvl 95 Hunter
    Creeps - Cintona Rank 11 Darkblits Rank 7

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    When you get to age 94 your brain starts fading on you, but I'll try anyway.

On creep side I'd say Droggo, Durtz, and Chknoris (or whatever his name was), and there was a female who helped me a lot when I started. I want to say her name was Rivfader but not 100% sure.

On freep side, probably Aryante and Nelbon. Daec taught me a lot but I don't want to boost his ego by saying he was a mentor.

I'm sure I am missing a lot of equally helpful people from long ago.
    You remember correctly, I too also remember Rivfader. Great WL, iirc. That was back before/during MoM days, I think that's when Bigdaddy first started as well.
    [center]RIP Character signature generator, June 2013.[/center]
    [center]Theiol, Fervar, Turthonn, and Vanka, [i]retired LOTRO[/i]|Croue, Folter, [i]Rift - Shatterbone shard[/i][/center]

Back in the day, a dude named Deja was probably the one who got me most interested in the moors... mainly creepside at the time. I hung out with Sawsage a lot and my reaver always looked up to him. For my warden my influences were Balawise and Glorno for sure, although I'll never be half as awesome as those guys. Gassy always had a positive influence on me as well, encouraging fun and fair playstyle. Tharros has also been a great guy to follow all these years, and if someday I ever attempt to lead a raid it'll be from his example.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000108297/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    R10 Waden Dirtdiver || R7 Hunter Eleon || R5 RK Hybridd || R4 Champ Ubermorgan

Quote Originally Posted by Vyturack View Post
    lol glad to hear I actually left a positive memory here and there.
    yes you did !
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

bloodloaf.
    i learned from many but he was the one who really pushed me. called me on my ish, and made the effort to teach me to crush my enemies and revel in the glory of their blood shed.

blodshot.
    showed me how to break enemies. how to make vital members rage quit the game for the day before their buddies logged in crippling their efforts.

droggo.
    nuff said.

smegrat.
    yall dont know this wl, but he is a beast, if you can handle him... this guy is the best leader around.

many other people, omani, akart, gorguth, lugbugdush, vulfen.... to name a few. i know i forgot some and i could just go on for hours naming names. really just ask every single player higher ranked than you who seems smart, take their whole story in and mold it for your own benefit.
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

Quote Originally Posted by searingskitso View Post

many other people, omani, akart, gorguth, lugbugdush, vulfen.... to name a few.
    lugbugdush

^LAWL

You had me up until that name; why did you have to start trolling?
    [B][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]The spider formerly known as Morthil[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]
    Arkenstone[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Grishlath [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]Landroval[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Xenisthis, Raivotar, Skarsgoth, Shaplash
    Primordial Darkness - The One Man Solo Tribe
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#B22222][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofPurity View Post
    lugbugdush

^LAWL

You had me up until that name; why did you have to start trolling?
    You mean he didn't lose you sooner? Liiiiike at this part here...?

Quote Originally Posted by searingskitso View Post
    droggo.
    Tsk tsk, Morthie, gotta pay more attention!
    [center][color=#CC3300]Lieutenant Sersi Niflhel[/color] [color=#666699]· [i]Retired[/i][/color]
    [color=#993333]"I will give you no quarter, and I will take none."[/color][/center]