We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: GJ Arkenstoners

GJ Arkenstoners

"Freeps and Creeps,

Most of the PVMP players on other servers have been complaining the slow time of cheaters, and about half of the players have quit. Finally the LMs exploit that 1st Marshal (Cheater) Falcon on more than 100s of occasions to gain at least 300-400k by cheatings. The LMs Cheater Falcons exploit was to use CREEPs Rez one-shotters shoot the CREEPs in their own Rezes and gained for his group or raid easy exploited infamy!

The only issue that I have it took us months for all the CREEP players to send 100 in game pictures of Falcon playing unfairly to the game developers and him only being banned for week! In most other games they make a hard decision in a week’s time not month and it’s much longer a week most get banned for a month or for the entire game for players this type of exploiting conduct!

There was another PVMP that was Rank Farming did that player ever get banned or not?

Does anyone else have any opinions on this?"

Mikbash-Warg, Mikwulf-Capt
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I'd agree Mikbash is not the most talented creep on the server, nor am I, he raised a valid point. Your response to his assertion was nothing but indicative of the level of decay this server has stooped to. I encountered Dear Glorious Leader Falcon exploiting the one-shots a month or two ago. At the time I was pretty annoyed by it and was informed by other, reliable sources this wasn't the first time he had done it. I did what most other players would do. I reported it and moved on. To learn that he's still up to his old tricks is hardly surprising. It's been the better part of 3 years that I've watched Falcon raids do circles to catch a pesky, solo warg as they harass his entire raid to vexation. Hide in AE, wait for a creep callout, zerg the solo map-in(s) and pat themselves on the back. You get the picture. Old dogs, new tricks, all that jazz...

Anywho, Hats off to all you who took to bashing Mikbash instead of considering what he had to say. Funny, given that this is Arkenstone, where everyone is touted as being so "nice", that so little congeniality was in evidence to his post. But ,then again, this being Arkenstone, where change is measured like glacial migration, it's only fitting that you stand up for one of your own and bad mouth those who dissent.

The bigger issue is why Turbine is so slow to remedy said exploits, bugs, glitches, etc. Perhaps it's due to a lack of an interested, paying customer base who gave up on playing/hope long ago because of said exploits?

Such a vicious cycle. Do a poopy job, get poopy results, ignore poopy issues highlighted in alpha and beta testing, launch poopy content and expect happy customers to enjoy poopy results, customers decline, pretend being poopy is fun, continue to create more poop, said poopiness perpetuates ad nauseum.

"I got the poo on me, get it off."
    - Joe Dirt -
    Aartemys (formerly YoulookYummy) of BrandyZerg, OogityBoogity (the most under-rated Defiler on Ark), Runswithscissors (a very confused Reaver), et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Metrolightning View Post
    ...words...
    To be honest, I don't even know what he's being accused of. I understand it's something to do with the one shots, but I don't have any clue how to recreate it as I haven't played my LM in the 'moors since level 75, and I'm solo 95% of the time I'm out there (non prime time). However, it coming from Mikbash - I was hesitant to believe it at all because I've seen him make numerous accusations in the small amount of time I've been on creep side in the past 2-3 months - he's basically the Arthurde of creepside. You (Yummy) saying you've seen the same thing does give it a little more weight, since I do at least respect you as a player. Cheating/exploiting in any form shouldn't be tolerated. But, as someone who has played alongside of Gyrfalcon for the past 7-8 years, I just find it hard to believe that he would deliberately use an exploit. He's always been a staunch advocate of fair play in the 'moors.

Falcon has been a pillar of the Arkenstone community for a very long time. And whether you like him or not, disagree with his tactics and leadership style or whatever - he's always brought a fight to the creeps. He's a great kinmate and I'm happy to call him a friend. I don't think he deserves the forum call out or negative remarks.

To Mikbash - I shouldn't have called you a "moron". My apologies. This is, after all, just a game.

Also, one last, albeit minor and mostly unrelated point.... You called what Mikbash had to say an "assertion". I find that odd, since you seem to agree with his allegation. An assertion is usually based on little to no evidence, and generally regarded as merely someone's 'opinion' or 'claim'. Now, I'm not trying to challenge you to a battle of wits, as I'm sure you can at least match me - but it was an odd choice of wording nonetheless . Overall a solid post though, it certainly made me rethink my initial reaction to Mik's original post.
    Last edited by vodpraetor; Jan 26 2015 at 08:41 PM.
    Cullin R10, Adyson R10, Praethir R9, Liggins R9, Cilliann R9, Koltan R8, Kolton R8, Zevin R7, Aernon R7

Ah, Mr. Cullin. Always a pleasure to read your remarks. You most likely have me on the assertion part. I'm more than happy to concede you'd win in a battle of wits. I respect you standing up for Falcon and your consideration to my post. I also concede that Falcon has been a mainstay on Ark for quite some time. I can only speak with regards to the exploit what I witnessed firsthand. Falcon had somehow managed to glitch the one-shots with his pet at Lugz rez so that they continually targeted the creeps contained within. It was very similar to the one-shot glitch you occasionally encounter when a freep or creep is present during a keep flip and you find both factions spawned fighting each other. The one-shots will continue to fight each other while permitting both sides to enter the rez and fight. After some time the current keep holder prevails and all goes back to normal. In this case, there was no such instance as the creep one-shots were only intent upon felling their brethren. As I mentioned, others who were online at the time informed me that this wasn't the first instance of this happening, and my encounter was some time ago.

When I read Mikbash's post I was surprised to learn that it was still occurring. The fact that it was leads me to suspect that whatever issue is at the root of it is now know, at least to those exploiting it, and thus an intentional act. Perhaps I'm rushing to judgment myself given my infrequency on Ark of late. But, again, the fact that this wasn't an isolated incident gives me pause. While I can't deny in my former days I'd be more inclined to launch into a tirade of text and trolling I see no point in it. I think most of the blame should be laid at it's makers feet. Turbine failed and continues to fail to produce a suitable, much less functional product. As a result, their player base continues to dwindle as do their profits; I un-subbed quite some time ago. To compensate they ignore things that they ought not to and permit the things that they shouldn't to offset the deficit they've created.

All in all it's been a disappointing last few years. I don't know what the future holds for Lotro, but if certain people can't remove their heads from their rectums it bodes ill.

Lastly, Falcon, Don't Be Exploiting!
    Aartemys (formerly YoulookYummy) of BrandyZerg, OogityBoogity (the most under-rated Defiler on Ark), Runswithscissors (a very confused Reaver), et al.

Ah, Mr. Cullin. Always a pleasure to read your remarks. You most likely have me on the assertion part. I'm more than happy to concede you'd win in a battle of wits. I respect you standing up for Falcon and your consideration to my post. I also concede that Falcon has been a mainstay on Ark for quite some time. I can only speak with regards to the exploit what I witnessed firsthand. Falcon had somehow managed to glitch the one-shots with his pet at Lugz rez so that they continually targeted the creeps contained within. It was very similar to the one-shot glitch you occasionally encounter when a freep or creep is present during a keep flip and you find both factions spawned fighting each other. The one-shots will continue to fight each other while permitting both sides to enter the rez and fight. After some time the current keep holder prevails and all goes back to normal. In this case, there was no such instance as the creep one-shots were only intent upon felling their brethren. As I mentioned, others who were online at the time informed me that this wasn't the first instance of this happening, and my encounter was some time ago.
    ^This. It's an exploit that works both ways. There is some small % chance that it could have happened on accident. But if any one player caused it to occur more than once I would be extremely suspicious. We have troubles with this on BW during GV camps with spiders doing it. Anyway point being. The exploit is a real thing. If it's only happened once I'd say nbd it could possibly happen on accident and I don't like to wrongfully accuse. But if it's happened repeatedly I'd find that highly suspicious.

*Edit the only defense I can think of for Falcon is that this is Arkenstone. And it usually takes about 4 years for anyone on this **** stain of a server to figure out an exploit

Brandywine: Immanitas R12 Burg, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.
    Landroval: Gorbat R12 Reaver.

Mr.Yummy I just think that Turbine is being pressured by deadlines I'm afraid.I personally have no doubt of their skill level in coding,but as in every other major project bugs happen and that's why testing happens.I just think they never have time to test long enough because as I said deadlines...Either that or they really don't care about the game's quality anymore.
    Vundrak - Rank 12 Reaver / Corruptpresent - Rank 10 Warleader / Corruptmedicus - Rank 8 Defiler / Kolostomy - Rank 8 Blackarrow : Landroval
    Rognomli - Rank 8 Guardian / Raiker - LvL 100 Minstrel / Lacet - LvL 100 Warden : Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by J-Moneyforever View Post
    ...that this is Arkenstone. And it usually takes about 4 years for ANYONE on this **** stain of a server to figure out an exploit

I've always had a lot of respect for your skill as a player and I can remember fighting you many times on many toons. You were always quick to say "good fight" and you came off as a nice guy. What I don't understand, now, is why you feel the need to belittle the entire server you once called home? There are still good players here and just because the overall level of play may not be up to par with some of the larger, more populated servers, that doesn't mean that everyone here is terrible.

I'm glad you found a new home and that its everything you want it to be. Before you just heap the entire pvp community of Arkenstone into one of your insulting generalizations, please try to remember that there are still some good players left - most of which probably remember and respected you and most of the other Blood Hand. Take care Orph, and grats on the recent Rank for your Burg.
    Cullin R10, Adyson R10, Praethir R9, Liggins R9, Cilliann R9, Koltan R8, Kolton R8, Zevin R7, Aernon R7

Orph is just pee'd off it takes him 10 seconds to get a skill off on his chosen server atm.

I was online and beside falcon when he got banned for this exploit, and honestly I think its tragic how little turbine cares about their player base.

From what I could tell and I wasn't in group with him at the time was that falcon cast "sic em" on a creep at the 1 shots in grams. Honestly that is all he did from what I could tell and caught a ban for it.

Somehow this bugs out the 1 shots to attack anything around them no matter what they are, I guess? I really don't know to me it seems like a huge programming/coding issue and should be corrected by turbine instead of enforced by banning.

To suggest someone gained 300k to 400k renown from exploiting is just ridiculous, I find it remarkable creep side has people that think like good ol mik and also very much enjoy the antics.

I know myself if I am on creepside and I get killed by my own 1 shots I am not gonna be standing near them, I am not going to report someone as an exploiter for using a skill on me. IMO if anyone needs a ban here its turbine for lack of quality control.
    Formerly Derlan of Arkenstone, Thistlebeard of Crickhollow, Thistlehair of Brandywine. Once again Derlan of Arkenstone. Your Welcome for the $75 WB.

Auzue, Number (Arkenstone)

Such a vicious cycle. Do a poopy job, get poopy results, ignore poopy issues highlighted in alpha and beta testing, launch poopy content and expect happy customers to enjoy poopy results, customers decline, pretend being poopy is fun, continue to create more poop, said poopiness perpetuates ad nauseum.
    You forgot the part where those that are left, the absolute genius's continue to consume the product. Basically, by your logic everyone is eating poop. Turbine isnt a great gaming company, its middle of the road and thats on its best day. It lacks integrity in its pvp offering and how it employs its rules.

Sadly people will continue to cheat and turbine will do nothing, and people like you will be infracted and banned on the forums for pointing it out. I guess thats part of the poopy job *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Wilantuk View Post
    Orph is just pee'd off it takes him 10 seconds to get a skill off on his chosen server atm.

I was online and beside falcon when he got banned for this exploit, and honestly I think its tragic how little turbine cares about their player base.

From what I could tell and I wasn't in group with him at the time was that falcon cast "sic em" on a creep at the 1 shots in grams. Honestly that is all he did from what I could tell and caught a ban for it.

Somehow this bugs out the 1 shots to attack anything around them no matter what they are, I guess? I really don't know to me it seems like a huge programming/coding issue and should be corrected by turbine instead of enforced by banning.

To suggest someone gained 300k to 400k renown from exploiting is just ridiculous, I find it remarkable creep side has people that think like good ol mik and also very much enjoy the antics.

I know myself if I am on creepside and I get killed by my own 1 shots I am not gonna be standing near them, I am not going to report someone as an exploiter for using a skill on me. IMO if anyone needs a ban here its turbine for lack of quality control.
    I dont know how much renown he gets from exploiting, usually where there is smoke there is fire, its certainly not the first time ive heard that players name in this context specifically.

If you are suggesting he didnt know what was going to happen when he did it, sorry not buying that. Intent is key, and his intent was likely (Im not in his head) to garner the one shot bug. The fact he got caught and banned is just an amazing positive outcome that is so rare for turbine most of us are in shock.

Quote Originally Posted by vodpraetor View Post
    I've always had a lot of respect for your skill as a player and I can remember fighting you many times on many toons. You were always quick to say "good fight" and you came off as a nice guy. What I don't understand, now, is why you feel the need to belittle the entire server you once called home? There are still good players here and just because the overall level of play may not be up to par with some of the larger, more populated servers, that doesn't mean that everyone here is terrible.

I'm glad you found a new home and that its everything you want it to be. Before you just heap the entire pvp community of Arkenstone into one of your insulting generalizations, please try to remember that there are still some good players left - most of which probably remember and respected you and most of the other Blood Hand. Take care Orph, and grats on the recent Rank for your Burg.
    I will address this seriously since you're one of the few players that I respect here kolt.
    I suppose the reason I'm bashing a server I once called home is because of how disappointed I am with what it's become. A bit of bitterness. And this coming from someone who didn't really play there til what most would refer to as the twilight of the server. I didn't start pvp'ing til 75 so I missed the MeW-Immortals. Insurrection etc. By the time I played there were roughly 6 players I considered skilled main freeps on ark. And 4 of those were UTE. Yourself included. However the fights could still be good. Occasionally there'd be some swapping and we at least had decent action where both sides attempted to engage for awhile even if in general creeps had the upper hand. However towards the end of 85 freepside in general (Not saying you or anyone specifically) began to change tactics. They didn't seem to fight anymore even with superior numbers. They didn't want to it seemed. It might be 14v24 freeps and they'd wait in the back of GV where they couldn't be tracked until the craid disbanded and the map would then quickly go blue followed by the relic. Even having only played there 2 years it was frustrating to see the PvP crumble. And yes I have moved on. BW actually has been less laggy of late even if it is still zergy. I miss the old Ark and I'm frustrated by the circumstances that led it to it's current place (Though blame can be placed on turbine for their progressively worse and worse content). I admit there are skilled players still on ark. But my opinion is that I could count them on one hand. Not using my thumb. :P Point being it was a post born from the bitterness of what this server has become vs what it once was. Anyway wall of text for a statement I made slightly off-the-cuff to point out that falcon probably doesn't know how to work the exploit lol.

All that said I still respect you and your compatriots in UTE tremendously and it's a shame you never joined us on at least one toon on BW. Could always use another skilled player. The lag is lightening up a bit as of late and we're grouping and raiding more everyday. Just throwing it out there.
    Take care man,

Brandywine: Immanitas R12 Burg, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.
    Landroval: Gorbat R12 Reaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    I dont know how much renown he gets from exploiting, usually where there is smoke there is fire, its certainly not the first time ive heard that players name in this context specifically.

If you are suggesting he didnt know what was going to happen when he did it, sorry not buying that. Intent is key, and his intent was likely (Im not in his head) to garner the one shot bug. The fact he got caught and banned is just an amazing positive outcome that is so rare for turbine most of us are in shock.
    I guess the point of my post is "why is their still a 1 shot bug?" I understand turbine is slow to move on these issues but its ridiculous they wasting time trying to catch people using this bug instead of just fixing it.

Intent in an online game is their anything more subjective?

hehe nice try on the poach Orphie! Im happy to hear the lags lessened a bit it really ruined my brandy experience, however I think the lag is only one of the issues brandy suffers from and not the worst one imo.
    Formerly Derlan of Arkenstone, Thistlebeard of Crickhollow, Thistlehair of Brandywine. Once again Derlan of Arkenstone. Your Welcome for the $75 WB.

Auzue, Number (Arkenstone)

From my understanding, it wasn't his first rodeo.
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/mUZJhh8.png[/img]
    [FYMF squad] Killabees

Quote Originally Posted by Wilantuk View Post
    I guess the point of my post is "why is their still a 1 shot bug?" I understand turbine is slow to move on these issues but its ridiculous they wasting time trying to catch people using this bug instead of just fixing it.

Intent in an online game is their anything more subjective?

hehe nice try on the poach Orphie! Im happy to hear the lags lessened a bit it really ruined my brandy experience, however I think the lag is only one of the issues brandy suffers from and not the worst one imo.
    The bug only triggers when a player triggers it. Falcon is no babe in the woods, your going to have a hard sell convincing people he didnt know about it and didnt do it intentionally.

So, The real question is, should the gunsmiths be charged with murder because they produce the guns? Or should the person who shot the gun, knowing what it would do ( allegedly) .. be charged with murder? After all isn't it the gun makers fault for providing the gun?

Food for thought

Freeps- Deok lvl 95 Hunter
    Creeps - Cintona Rank 11 Darkblits Rank 7

Quote Originally Posted by motumbo View Post
    So, The real question is, should the gunsmiths be charged with murder because they produce the guns? Or should the person who shot the gun, knowing what it would do ( allegedly) .. be charged with murder? After all isn't it the gun makers fault for providing the gun?

Food for thought

I missed you
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post

I missed you
    I think you were scouting with me last night. Missed u too man !

Freeps- Deok lvl 95 Hunter
    Creeps - Cintona Rank 11 Darkblits Rank 7

Thanks for keeping it civil all.

Sometimes it's fun to stir the pot. Though, of late, I've found myself less prone to sweat the things I used to. But Cal can attest to me getting po'd when I log on and find the action is lopsided, heal-ball, solo zerging garbage. I just wanna KILL!

I'd have to echo Orph's sentiments regarding the server. Ark used to be a different place and I started PvPing about the same time as him. I can recall being in Insurrection raids on my hunter and watching them farm 20+ creeps in a keep like it was a joke. Later, when I turned to the dark side, I began to appreciate the skill I saw in players on both sides. Sadly, few of those players are still around. The climate of the game, and Ark in particular, has changed dramatically. I don't know if it's still the reluctance to embrace dying, an adopted defeatist attitude, or the need to always win but things are a shadow of what they once were. I'll be the first to admit I don't enjoy dying, most especially when the fight is stacked against you. But I do enjoy putting forth a good effort and seeing if I'll somehow come out on top due to luck, skill, or random events. Alas, that also, doesn't seem to be so common any more.

Maybe Falcon got sick of things as usual and decided to spice it up a bit? =P

The other night Evil had our entire raid of 24 storm the GV stairs. We managed, inadvertently, to lag out the one-shots and had a number of creeps standing on GV stairs stuck at the barrier. It was pretty amusing and highly unexpected.

That's all I got.

Lol @Metro you set my hypocricy meter off and I'm vacationing on the other side of the planet! I'm still laughing at the QQ about zergballs b/c I never saw that from creeps ever especially from the fail hand.
    Last edited by voalkrynn2; Jan 28 2015 at 02:15 AM.
    A vote for Sapience is a vote for progress? A 4th fix to get Draigoch to "dragon up" that still doesn't fix the persistent bug in the raid is not how I define progress.

Quote Originally Posted by voalkrynn2 View Post
    Lol @Metro you set my hypocricy meter off and I'm vacationing on the other side of the planet! I'm still laughing at the QQ about zergballs b/c I never saw that from creeps ever especially from the fail hand.
    Chuck, pls come to the moors I have some candy for you.
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/mUZJhh8.png[/img]
    [FYMF squad] Killabees

Quote Originally Posted by Frankj45 View Post
    Chuck, pls come to the moors I have some candy for you.
    Lol awe sweet cheeks I moved onto games with actual PvP.
    A vote for Sapience is a vote for progress? A 4th fix to get Draigoch to "dragon up" that still doesn't fix the persistent bug in the raid is not how I define progress.

Lol awe sweet cheeks I moved onto games with actual PvP.
    Chuck what games you playing home-dizzle?
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

Yes hypocrcy meter. I too still laughing at the qq I never saw b/c zerballs from especially the fail hand.

Oddly enough, I actually just got back from the middle east a couple of weeks ago. Proving that no matter what I'll do, Chuckorn will always be near by
    Jag

Quote Originally Posted by colefire2 View Post
    Yes hypocrcy meter. I too still laughing at the qq I never saw b/c zerballs from especially the fail hand.

Oddly enough, I actually just got back from the middle east a couple of weeks ago. Proving that no matter what I'll do, Chuckorn will always be near by
    So now that you've returned can we assume things will calm down over there?
    Turduckenshak - Rank 12 Warleader, Maelefiel - Rank 11 Weaver, Skrotgash - Rank 10 BA, Heartworm - Rank 11 Stalker

Assorted Level 100 Freeps I have no interest in playing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Warspite_48 View Post
    So now that you've returned can we assume things will calm down over there?
    Haha not quite. Moving there (Qatar to be exact) in the fall for a couple of years
    Jag