We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

House type distributions

There are 30 houses in a neighborhood:
    4 kinship
    10 deluxe
    16 standard

a.) Kinships tend to "occupy" a neighborhood and try to get as many members into a neighborhood, thus providing a disincentive for other kinships to make use of the other 3 kin houses in the neighborhood. It might be just me, but that housing area good be better used given enough time to come up with and employ a solution.
    b.) It is easier to get gold now than it was years ago, and people have more decorations and items to go into those houses. One can quickly obtain 7-8 gold to buy a deluxe house. Bluntly, there is high demand for deluxe houses.
    c.) I'm guessing the primary reasons people settle for standard houses is they are either F2P or they can't find a deluxe house open. Also, many F2P have unlocked the currency cap.

So with an excess of kin houses that individual players can't buy and kinships are being more picky, an excess of standard houses and a shortage of deluxe houses; shouldn't people consider not only storage, hook systems, etc..., but also consider the weighting, distribution, and proportions of what house types the neighborhoods have? Just a thought.

Thank you for your time
    hobbes170

totally agree

They should totally eliminate the other 2 Kin Homes.. It only makes sense. Make them deluxe homes would be great make the Kin house the Showcase of the "spawned" Housing zone and be done with this. This would really help out a kin with making a neighborhood feel like theirs.

SO... Once you have taken the leap to say 1 kin home per area that means kins will probably dominate each neighborhood. Make it a hub. Expand the Kin Land to a "crafting" area next to the Kin home. where the kin can buy and upkeep a crafting center right there. That would be vastly beneficial.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000009809f/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Hurron View Post
    They should totally eliminate the other 2 Kin Homes.
    Now that the communities are live this suggestion is not doable. Every kinship that owns one of these kin halls across all neighborhoods and servers would loose their home. There would be too many angry customers complaining to Turbine about why their home was taken.

The only way it could be done is by creating a new (fifth) housing area which would have a different mix of homes and or a different number of homes in each neighborhood.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Many of those homes are about to be taken anyway, but I am sure they would need to start from scratch to do such a change.

My kin is already planning to buy up homes around the kinhouse once they are available so the plans they have right now are the best we can hope for unless there is a total revamp.

I agree 100% about the standard homes. When I started this game I could barely afford the standard house and my first mount. Now the gold needed for a deluxe house is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Genxhermit View Post
    My kin is already planning to buy up homes around the kinhouse once they are available so the plans they have right now are the best we can hope for unless there is a total revamp
    Sorry for an off-topic coment here but just wanted to say to be careful if you abandon your current house. ALL items in Escrow must now be removed *before* you can purchase a new house, so make sure you have enough room on your character(s) before you do so.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Now that the communities are live this suggestion is not doable. Every kinship that owns one of these kin halls across all neighborhoods and servers would loose their home. There would be too many angry customers complaining to Turbine about why their home was taken.

The only way it could be done is by creating a new (fifth) housing area which would have a different mix of homes and or a different number of homes in each neighborhood.
    PERFECT>...
    So... Do what so many people want. Make "Advanced" housing. Make Lorien, Rohan and Moria Homes. I dont know where hobitses would get an advanced area.... But then. in the new "advanced" areas have each neighborhood have only 1 kin-home. As Kinship housed become Vacant in the old areas... dont allow them to be purchased.. Once abandoned you cant re'buy it. Then in another update eliminate the abandoned kin homes. revamp it so that only one or 2 per area are avalible. It would help, and provide new housing areas. I know i would love an Advanced home.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000009809f/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]