We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Butta was a stain on this server. The fact that you guys are dependent on an ignorant, misogynistic, and former rank farmer says a lot about the lack of motivation on creepside to step up and lead. Also:

To most of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Grishmack View Post
    He was on this morning at 3 AM EST :P I said hello haha. still the same guy I remember.
    Its true! He popped in while some of us were being visited at Lugz rez by about 10 freeps, and after much ooc discussion about joining his raid so that we wouldn't be HIDING (lol) he started in with:

Anat....

Anat...

I swear I could hear him in the same way he would say "Guys.. Guys!"

Sadly he wouldn't come down to where the fighting was I think because hey, we were fibbing about where dontcha know!

The Black Blade CHEATS!

and oh yes, I agree some that left this server perhaps should not return
    HAHAHHAHHA
    Anat ~ Damspider, The Black Blade
    Teslafoil ~ Allure, WeGotThis

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

Anyone and everyone that would have helped step up and squash the joke of the freeps freaver train farming at lugz rez yesterday.
    Gungus - Captain

While I normally don't frequent the forums, this thread did catch my eye. I've read through it and gotten a few giggles. But here's what I see happening.

Freeps are lacking leadership - real leadership that teaches them that it's not all about renown, it's about a cool and fun fight. While I know you may say.. Trin - why don't you do it - my answer is simple. I have a young one and I'm constantly going afk - ask Skuro - he loves it when that happens.

Freeps are all out all the time: camping the rez, camping grams, camping camping camping. ONLY when creeps show up in numbers do they tuck tail and then turtle inside a keep. I see both sides because I take the time to hop over to creepside and hang out. While I don't actively play a creep, I still enjoy chatting and making new friends. This game is as much social (if not more) for me that it is skill (apparently cuz I still suck after 4 years!). I would like to say to freeps - get over there and see how both sides work and then play accordingly. Make it a bit more fair and by default we will all have more fun. Nothing bugs me more than to hear someone say...well they won't fight us at lugz, might as well take it. Seriously? They have like 10 and we have 18...get your head out of your butt and look at the bigger picture please.

And there is a serious lack of communication in OOC. Want solo? Fine, many on this server do, but talk in OOC. That's one huge advantage Creeps have over Freeps. The other advantage is patience. Most freeps on this server don't have it and prefer to feed Creeps one by one rather than get together as a solo group and move in. This can be done - I've done it. Call it out in OOC to meet somewhere, wait for the majority to show up and then call it out to move to X spot.

Freeps cannot seem to recognize when a raid is needed and when it is not. While I didn't really think this took much thought, it apparently does. It's a numbers game. If you have difficulty in math, let me break it down for you.... a raid is needed when creeps outnumber freeps AND (please include this part) creeps are organized and focusing. That is all. Small groups of 6 or less in any other circumstance. If it is hard for freeps to understand why, then I think you should - at this point - just leave the Moors, k?

It will always be a numbers game and you should play accordingly. When freeps outnumber creeps horribly at grams, I'm usually the one being silly bouncing around. You should take note and either hop on a creep or relax for a minute and BACK UP THE TRAIN. Who REALLY enjoys the in-the-one-shotter fights? Not I and I'd bet money the creeps don't etiher.

Also - I see a variety of playstyles. When someone replies to threads and it seems out of whack it's only because A Player plays for skill and acieivements: B Player plays for renown and the achievements: C Player either renown, skill or achievements: and D Player enjoys both pvp, socializing and the occasional kill - and that is me

I suddenly hear the peanuts teacher so I should go now. I've probably said too much for this server to comprehend, but no worries, it'll be another year before I post again!

I'd love to see SS back in full force raided up and in the open field.

Open field....

Maybe again someday....

Trin
    Trindal
    Leader
    All Shall Fade
    Nimrodel

Quote Originally Posted by gungus_coyote View Post
    Anyone and everyone that would have helped step up and squash the joke of the freeps freaver train farming at lugz rez yesterday.
    Sad that I missed that, the only thing WE as a community can do there is take screenies, and shun those who do it.

Would be great if Turbine did remove all of their renown gain and give them a permanent unchangeable title called : LOSER

Bit of a grammatical error there on line 4 you missed the woof that was quite obvious.

Sheesh!

oh and one of these "."

<3

Quote Originally Posted by Familiarity View Post
    Butta was a stain on this server. The fact that you guys are dependent on an ignorant, misogynistic, and former rank farmer says a lot about the lack of motivation on creepside to step up and lead. Also:

The grima fans took over the moors finally. So Butta with his hyperaggression issues would be... I guess a change
    Last edited by myforumacc2; Jul 06 2013 at 12:16 AM.
    Mirkwoodian - Savior of the Ettenmoors

Squishy sacrificial tank 2012ish

I've been playing out here as long as anyone left on this server. There are some people I would like to see back: Barkinin, Preposterone, Meddik, Skagza, Defeated, and a slew of others. I find it funny, most of the people who I miss the most were on the side I don't even really play anymore. I don't think the camaraderie was ever as tight on freepside as it was on creepside. Even the people who I enjoyed playing the most with on freepside were also people I originally played with on creep.

The problem with this server is about 60/40% a freep/creep issue. I say that and I'm almost always on freep. There are certain people out there who refuse to change the way they play. Now granted, they pay their sub, they are entitle to play the way they want. But it does ruin the fighting in the moors when a group of 8-10 freeps camp creeps at their rez until creeps get enough numbers to push them out and then disappear. I've seen it happen over and over the past few weeks.

Creeps on the other hand have this obsessive need to hide in the one shots until they massively outnumber freeps. The problem is that one sides missteps feed the other side. It has become a viscous circle and I don't see it ending any time soon. Both sides have to break away from what they've been doing.

Edit: By the way...how come I never get gratz threads for ranking? D:
    [color=lightblue]Magikx[/color]

actually I lied preposterone returning would probably be the only person that I can possibly think of that would effect change in a positive fashion, if he felt like leading.
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by myforumacc2 View Post
    The grima fans took over the moors finally. So Butta with his hyperaggression issues would be... I guess a change
    It will not be a positive change. Anirien wasn't good for the overall quality of PvMP on this server either.

Surprisingly despite the state the Ettenmoors here it seems to be doing better than other servers currently. Seeing some of the old school Black Blade return will help to revive the brutality on creepside even with the disparity with DPS from freeps... Of course as it is with the current carousel of peak-a-dick with the TR/Lugz doors I don't see the overall quality of PvMP drastically improving even if creepside brought out a sizable force to do large scale raids as before in SoA days for freeps.

Blame mechanics and Turbine just as much as the community presently.

Butta was a stain on this server. The fact that you guys are dependent on an ignorant, misogynistic, and former rank farmer says a lot about the lack of motivation on creepside to step up and lead.
    You forgot 2 boxer and someone that was easily manipulated to get himself banned. Besides, we have toq, he's like butta 2.0!!

You could always lead the Creeps again, Fam.

I would really like to see what the class changes are going to to do to PvP. With the general direction LOTRO is taking I predict severely dumbed down classes that will be heavily monetized. I just hope they do what they usually do and ignore Creeps and leave our skills alone.
    Last edited by Gladgilrian; Jul 06 2013 at 10:05 AM.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Trinitie View Post
    While I normally don't frequent the forums, this thread did catch my eye. I've read through it and gotten a few giggles. But here's what I see happening.

Freeps are lacking leadership - real leadership that teaches them that it's not all about renown, it's about a cool and fun fight. While I know you may say.. Trin - why don't you do it - my answer is simple. I have a young one and I'm constantly going afk - ask Skuro - he loves it when that happens.

Freeps are all out all the time: camping the rez, camping grams, camping camping camping. ONLY when creeps show up in numbers do they tuck tail and then turtle inside a keep. I see both sides because I take the time to hop over to creepside and hang out. While I don't actively play a creep, I still enjoy chatting and making new friends. This game is as much social (if not more) for me that it is skill (apparently cuz I still suck after 4 years!). I would like to say to freeps - get over there and see how both sides work and then play accordingly. Make it a bit more fair and by default we will all have more fun. Nothing bugs me more than to hear someone say...well they won't fight us at lugz, might as well take it. Seriously? They have like 10 and we have 18...get your head out of your butt and look at the bigger picture please.

And there is a serious lack of communication in OOC. Want solo? Fine, many on this server do, but talk in OOC. That's one huge advantage Creeps have over Freeps. The other advantage is patience. Most freeps on this server don't have it and prefer to feed Creeps one by one rather than get together as a solo group and move in. This can be done - I've done it. Call it out in OOC to meet somewhere, wait for the majority to show up and then call it out to move to X spot.

Freeps cannot seem to recognize when a raid is needed and when it is not. While I didn't really think this took much thought, it apparently does. It's a numbers game. If you have difficulty in math, let me break it down for you.... a raid is needed when creeps outnumber freeps AND (please include this part) creeps are organized and focusing. That is all. Small groups of 6 or less in any other circumstance. If it is hard for freeps to understand why, then I think you should - at this point - just leave the Moors, k?

It will always be a numbers game and you should play accordingly. When freeps outnumber creeps horribly at grams, I'm usually the one being silly bouncing around. You should take note and either hop on a creep or relax for a minute and BACK UP THE TRAIN. Who REALLY enjoys the in-the-one-shotter fights? Not I and I'd bet money the creeps don't etiher.

Also - I see a variety of playstyles. When someone replies to threads and it seems out of whack it's only because A Player plays for skill and acieivements: B Player plays for renown and the achievements: C Player either renown, skill or achievements: and D Player enjoys both pvp, socializing and the occasional kill - and that is me

I suddenly hear the peanuts teacher so I should go now. I've probably said too much for this server to comprehend, but no worries, it'll be another year before I post again!

I'd love to see SS back in full force raided up and in the open field.

Open field....

Maybe again someday....

Trin
    Throughout the years, freeps have failed to fully realize their potential. That's all there is to it. Like I repeatedly say in ooc, trash will remain trash.
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    actually I lied preposterone returning would probably be the only person that I can possibly think of that would effect change in a positive fashion, if he felt like leading.
    ........ummmmmmm....... Farcry? Just sayin'..........

Not that having Prep back wouldn't be awesome.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    You forgot 2 boxer and someone that was easily manipulated to get himself banned. Besides, we have toq, he's like butta 2.0!!

You could always lead the Creeps again, Fam.

I would really like to see what the class changes are going to to do to PvP. With the general direction LOTRO is taking I predict severely dumbed down classes that will be heavily monetized. I just hope they do what they usually do and ignore Creeps and leave our skills alone.
    There was an assortment of players I wasn't too fond of. I don't recall having run ins with Toq, but he hasn't given me a reason to hate him. Opinion still stands about Butta.

As far as leading? I don't feel particularly up to it anymore. I think the last time I tried to organize on creepside was a brief stint on Windfola in 2011 with some friends where creepside's average rank was R7 compared to the R9+ freeps who literally did nothing but farm monster players and even put out glff demands at any sign of creep organization to continuously make it 2 to 1 odds. It got old fast.

Never bothered leading on other servers since people were pretty possessive of their territory and being the big man in the house. Plus when you're not in on the cliques and have no resume to show for a history of successful raid leading you lack the lemmings to be effective. Plus leading on a healer isn't ideal since you get distracted to take care of raid than calling targets.

As far as the next expansion - I welcome the reduction of skills to be used. My toolbar is much too full on minstrel and getting that way with RK. As simple as it is, hopefully playstyle and game understanding has more say on performance than big hit skills. But I won't be surprised if it's the other way around.

/wall

........ummmmmmm....... Farcry? Just sayin'..........

Not that having Prep back wouldn't be awesome.
    Oh jeez, Farcry. I'd enjoy antagonizing him again.

As far as the next expansion - I welcome the reduction of skills to be used. My toolbar is much too full on minstrel and getting that way with RK. As simple as it is, hopefully playstyle and game understanding has more say on performance than big hit skills. But I won't be surprised if it's the other way around.
    There is talk that it will mimic GW2/TSW style skills. If it does, it will fail miserably. In both those game different weapons have different skills (as you know from playing GW2). It won't work in LOTRO because all melee weapons and ranged weapons have the same skills tied to them. Now it could be that they change that so different weapons have different skills. It sure would work in the monetization dept. since you would need a different LI for every skill set, but then what do you do with casters that have just books, staffs, and runes?

That is far too limited for LotRO. Used to be different DPS attached to weapons but they evened it out now. However I'd be disgusted if Turbine was forcing more LI grinding this way.

I think if they're taking the route of like the ballad tiering of minstrels, where they reduced six ballads to just three, it will hold some promise. I guess we'll find out the closer to the expansion we get. I haven't even leveled a freep to cap yet since my break.

Ain't nobody got time for that grind.

There is talk that it will mimic GW2/TSW style skills. If it does, it will fail miserably. In both those game different weapons have different skills (as you know from playing GW2). It won't work in LOTRO because all melee weapons and ranged weapons have the same skills tied to them. Now it could be that they change that so different weapons have different skills. It sure would work in the monetization dept. since you would need a different LI for every skill set, but then what do you do with casters that have just books, staffs, and runes?
    Different strokes for different folks I guess. I tried out GW2 on a free trial weekend a little while ago, and absolutely loathed the combat. Being able to open up all my characters skills in 15 -20 minutes was nice (assuming you got the weapons needed), but at least the classes I chose had painfully few skill choices or meaningful decisions to make, and whatever the things you could unlock as you leveled were called (extra heal and class skills, iirc) didn't seem to add much more depth.

I have my doubts about freeping again, as the direction of PvE seems clear as day, and I don't want anything to do with where its headed; but I'm hoping they maintain at least 80% of the skill volume and diversity freepside currently has and make it so the various trait trees have drastically different playstyles and are more exclusive in what a player can do in each.

I honestly hope they avoid any major creep skill changes. WLs could use another healing skill to round out their rotations, and Defilers could use something to let them do some semblance of dps or debuffs, but all that really needs to happen is heals for both sides take a nerf (moreso freep heals, but both nonetheless) and the gap between creep and freep dps needs to be closed (and adjusted as content/gear is released).
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Bahaha, ill take that as a compliment from you :P

/ I dont play anymore, if someone see's me online, its not me.

Wont be back till next expansion or when character restores come back. Maybe poke my head in every now and then.

For now I fight FOR AGATHARRRR!!

You guys take this game way too seriously. Who cares who comes back? It's still going to be the same action plagued by the same people who whine at the first sign of adversity or challenge. Stop using plays of old as a crutch.
    Tsaurel/Telae

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Different strokes for different folks I guess. I tried out GW2 on a free trial weekend a little while ago, and absolutely loathed the combat. Being able to open up all my characters skills in 15 -20 minutes was nice (assuming you got the weapons needed), but at least the classes I chose had painfully few skill choices or meaningful decisions to make, and whatever the things you could unlock as you leveled were called (extra heal and class skills, iirc) didn't seem to add much more depth.

I have my doubts about freeping again, as the direction of PvE seems clear as day, and I don't want anything to do with where its headed; but I'm hoping they maintain at least 80% of the skill volume and diversity freepside currently has and make it so the various trait trees have drastically different playstyles and are more exclusive in what a player can do in each.

I honestly hope they avoid any major creep skill changes. WLs could use another healing skill to round out their rotations, and Defilers could use something to let them do some semblance of dps or debuffs, but all that really needs to happen is heals for both sides take a nerf (moreso freep heals, but both nonetheless) and the gap between creep and freep dps needs to be closed (and adjusted as content/gear is released).
    It's actually a tad more complicated than it looks, especially in group play where different fields and blasts have different effects on the group. Your spec can have great effect on conditions and boons too. Some Utility skills are more important than weapons skills, especially Elite skills, and dodging makes combat so much more fun! You don't really see the full impact until 60 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyskywalker View Post

For now I fight FOR AGATHARRRR!!
    I really like TSW, but having to replay the same content over and over to gain SP, AP, and medallions just to move to the next zone is just bad game design. GW2 did a much better job of it, more content than needed to reach cap.

I really like TSW, but having to replay the same content over and over to gain SP, AP, and medallions just to move to the next zone is just bad game design. GW2 did a much better job of it, more content than needed to reach cap.
    AGATHAAA!!!****

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyskywalker View Post
    AGATHAAA!!!****

Ah, I thought you making a reference to Agartha in TSW.

I know this thread has been derailed from it's original intent. The thing missing I believe is the camaraderie as well as leaders. But more then anything is the camaraderie. I don't lead at all anymore myself and I have no desire to. So with that I don't feel I have the right to complain about those who are leading. My plan is to hit rank 12 then go creepside.

Much of the fighting has changed due to the changes to PVMP not due to the people. While possible it is not as feasable to 2 man a keep or the relic. Backdoors in the keep and the buffs have changed the way the moors is played. Hitting one area while distracting another etc. Every fight is inside a keep or area with NPC's. Maybe i am missing it but even when numbers are out I just don't see open field fighting or tactics being used at all. I see one side pushing into a keep and the side with bigger numbers winning. Then stick to one shotters and fight there.

I definatley miss some of the older players. But I like some of the new ones as well. Just like some older members I could not stand. But between the changes to moors and F2P creepside I believe its the changes to the game that have the moors in the current state and not the people.

The people who come out to the moors and just ask "any raids out here" have been here since the beginning. They dont know if there is action or not. they just want to jump in a raid even if no creeps out. That is not new. There has always been people like that. Moors has always been a numbers game and it still is. Tactics is on the leaders of each side and the state of the current moors.

Stunts how are you not R12 yet.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast