We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb grams, gv camping solution

i don't know if its just on my server, but im sick of all the gv, grams camping. when creeps camp gv, half the time some newb will run into the one shots and kill everyone, and we consently have to try to pull them back far enough to have a fair fight, and at grams the terrain is different so freeps never get killed by the one shots. im thinking that both grams and gv should be a no infamy zone for both sides, for like 100m or so. there will literaly be no point in camping and there'll be fair pvp, and maybe if you engage in combat before you enter the zone youll still get the infamy. its a good way to end the camping, if turbine even cares.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000092dab/signature.png]Narlob[/charsig]

>Move back 100m

Let the slaughter begin!
    Eniigmatik | Exploit

Group up
    Exit by safe path
    Flank
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8C8nLy2okg[/url] Saruman 6-man
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4h-CF9log[/url] Warden Survival
    [url]http://tftgb.wordpress.com/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by kiiper13 View Post
    i don't know if its just on my server, but im sick of all the gv, grams camping. when creeps camp gv, half the time some newb will run into the one shots and kill everyone, and we consently have to try to pull them back far enough to have a fair fight, and at grams the terrain is different so freeps never get killed by the one shots. im thinking that both grams and gv should be a no infamy zone for both sides, for like 100m or so. there will literaly be no point in camping and there'll be fair pvp, and maybe if you engage in combat before you enter the zone youll still get the infamy. its a good way to end the camping, if turbine even cares.
    The camps will happen even if you put this in place. It'll just move a bit away, onto GV or Lugs hill, for example. even with Safe Path, you can end up with a second group over camping there too.

I feel your pain. But how about something a little more . . . exciting.

Trebuchets!

If you're in visual range of the Grams or GV, you're within range of the siege engines. They do what they do in the rest of the game - drop a target circle on the ground and a few seconds later hit with a resounding BOOM. Say . . . 10K morale. The target circles pop up every 30 seconds or so once there's more than four or five "opposing side" within range and target the largest concentration.

It may not be any better then some kind of infamy/renown disincentive, but anything with resounding booms can't be all bad.
    Hobbits . . .
    Now them's good eatin'!

Quote Originally Posted by l4j View Post
    If you're in visual range of the Grams or GV, you're within range of the siege engines. They do what they do in the rest of the game - drop a target circle on the ground and a few seconds later hit with a resounding BOOM. Say . . . 10K morale. The target circles pop up every 30 seconds or so once there's more than four or five "opposing side" within range and target the largest concentration.

It may not be any better then some kind of infamy/renown disincentive, but anything with resounding booms can't be all bad.
    HOT! I love this idea. That would be utterly amazing. <3
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

Trebuchets!

A great idea, well played, sir.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r8 Mini

The camps will happen even if you put this in place. It'll just move a bit away, onto GV or Lugs hill, for example. even with Safe Path, you can end up with a second group over camping there too.

I feel your pain. But how about something a little more . . . exciting.

Trebuchets!

I like this very much.

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by booksmcread View Post
    I like this very much.
    Not sure how the tech translates, but a simple setup like the ballistae from the Protectors of Thangulhad skirmish would be great. Have a few people manning them (or catapults, or trebuchet, etc) would add another element of fun to what sometimes is the only fighting around.
    Leafblade, Captain
    [IMG]http://l-userpic.livejournal.com/70969104/2532739[/IMG]

I'll say this. Anything that lets people, especially new people, get out of Gram's and into the game area will be good for pvp. 90% of the reason I never EVER pvp is because I got sick of being endlessly held and killed by a burglar right outside the gates of Grams before I could get any kind of sense of the game there. I'm supposed to go around and visit places to get a map? Never happens, because you can't move three feet before you're held forever and ganked. That's just not fun.

This is something PvPers need to learn. If all you do is gank the new players over and over and over, they will GO AWAY AND NOT COME BACK. And then, you'll complain that no one PvPs. If there's a problem, it starts with the players.

R.I.P NIDOR of Brandywine Server(1970-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamo View Post

This is something PvPers need to learn. If all you do is gank the new players over and over and over, they will GO AWAY AND NOT COME BACK. And then, you'll complain that no one PvPs. If there's a problem, it starts with the players.
    This is not really true, for six years I've played both sides and greenies will always provide. They're like the sea.
    [center][URL=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK3WPeg3WxU [/url][IMG]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g59/LoneSocio/forumsig_zpsc43885de.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]
    [center][b] Punk's dead, you're next![/b][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by ContraMundum View Post
    This is not really true, for six years I've played both sides and greenies will always provide. They're like the sea.
    What I mean is, you have to remember you're playing WITH a human player. It's a mutual thing. He's there for HIS (or her) entertainment, not just to be fodder for you. If you discourage new players by making the experience less than fun, then you're going to make it more likely they won't come back. If you make a small effort to make the experience fun for the other guy, you might just encourage him to return and keep up the population of PvPers.

R.I.P NIDOR of Brandywine Server(1970-2012)

What I mean is, you have to remember you're playing WITH a human player. It's a mutual thing. He's there for HIS (or her) entertainment, not just to be fodder for you. If you discourage new players by making the experience less than fun, then you're going to make it more likely they won't come back. If you make a small effort to make the experience fun for the other guy, you might just encourage him to return and keep up the population of PvPers.
    The problem with this logic is the other guy becomes invested in another persons choice of entertainment. Rather then make an effort to make his/her experience better id rather kill him over and over and hope he/she is the type who will take the circumstance as a challenge and try something new and make a greater effort on his end. If it was PvE, sure id go out of my way to help them learn a raid, but not in PvP. You come to moors its open season and no one gets any quarter. I sure as hell didn't on my warg when I first came out I was killed over and over (this was before you could buy skills in the store) so I took my deaths, earned my ranks and built up. The solutions to a camp are simple, log off, map out, raid up... There are a few others but camps are a fact of the moors, now turbine could give us back the flip locks that might make things better but turbine dosent want to do that. They want a domination style play in the moors (see the dev diaries) and that's what we have. WAI

Never really thought of doing that before. You may be onto something here!

Meanwhile though... People will just have to map out, take the secret high-road and either flank the campers or leave altogether to another area. There's really no excuse for allowing yourself to be camped since leaving the camp is one of the easiest things you could possibly do.

I'll say this. Anything that lets people, especially new people, get out of Gram's and into the game area will be good for pvp. 90% of the reason I never EVER pvp is because I got sick of being endlessly held and killed by a burglar right outside the gates of Grams before I could get any kind of sense of the game there. I'm supposed to go around and visit places to get a map? Never happens, because you can't move three feet before you're held forever and ganked. That's just not fun.

Choose a server other than Brandywine to creep on, most of them don't have burgs camping Grams all day and night.

If all you do is gank the new players over and over and over, they will GO AWAY AND NOT COME BACK.
    This is necessary to stem the flow of creeps on Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    The problem with this logic is the other guy becomes invested in another persons choice of entertainment. Rather then make an effort to make his/her experience better id rather kill him over and over and hope he/she is the type who will take the circumstance as a challenge and try something new and make a greater effort on his end. If it was PvE, sure id go out of my way to help them learn a raid, but not in PvP. You come to moors its open season and no one gets any quarter. I sure as hell didn't on my warg when I first came out I was killed over and over (this was before you could buy skills in the store) so I took my deaths, earned my ranks and built up. The solutions to a camp are simple, log off, map out, raid up... There are a few others but camps are a fact of the moors, now turbine could give us back the flip locks that might make things better but turbine dosent want to do that. They want a domination style play in the moors (see the dev diaries) and that's what we have. WAI
    Or, in the same vein, someone's idea of a good time is to bully the same opponent over and over again until they rage or log (or both) because they know they can get that other person's "goat". This has happened a lot on Silverlode over the years. It's the act of intentionally trying to impact someone else's experience negatively because it makes them feel better about themselves.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r8 Mini