We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Are Ost Dunhoth and Barad Gularan soloable?

Hello all

I've been thinking about going back to some of the lower level instances and seeing if I can cvomplete them solo. I have always been a mainly solo-er and obviously because of that, I missed a whole lot of content. I've finally found a Kinship that I really like but I still want to try some of the instances at level 50-60 to see if I can solo them. I particularly would like to try Ost Dunhoth and Barad Gularan - places I have seen but never ventured into. Any comments greatly appreciated, as always

Well, OD is a 12-man raid, and raids will be quite tricky to solo, if possible at all. Wound wing will definitely be impossible without at least 3 people due to mechanics, disease wing mechanics require at least two people as well (not saying those can be done with 2/3 people). Mind the minimum level for it is 65, and even 6-mans at that level can be very challenging to solo.
    Barad Gularan on the other hand is quite soloable as it's "only" a level 50 6-man instance (maybe depending on class, needed a few tries with my champ at 75 due to boss pushing the I-win button, but finished it first try with my guard on 85), just like Urugarth or Carn Dum.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    Well, OD is a 12-man raid, and raids will be quite tricky to solo, if possible at all. Wound wing will definitely be impossible without at least 3 people due to mechanics, disease wing mechanics require at least two people as well (not saying those can be done with 2/3 people). Mind the minimum level for it is 65, and even 6-mans at that level can be very challenging to solo.
    Barad Gularan on the other hand is quite soloable as it's "only" a level 50 6-man instance (maybe depending on class, needed a few tries with my champ at 75 due to boss pushing the I-win button, but finished it first try with my guard on 85), just like Urugarth or Carn Dum.
    Thanks for taking time to answer Grimdi Yeah, I just left Ost Dunhoth but couldn't actually find anywhere to go. Without giving too much away, the floor made it impossible I'll give Barad Gularan a try now. Thanks again!

Now that you mention the floor, I think you need actually 6 people at least for Wound wing to activate it.

As for OD:

Wound: Impossible due to mechanics of the platforms to engage the whole thing
    Fear: Technically possible if you can deal with the dread and the heal/inc dmg debuff (NB! You need to clear wound first)
    Disease: MIGHT be possible, but would require some serious skill since you'd need to juggle the sap and be in ranged of both trees at times
    Poison: Could be doable if you have high enough dps, if you don't have high enough the acid will destroy you
    Ivar: Might be possible, but would require some time and with more time Ivar tiers up as well so it might still be impossible Gortheron: If you can deal with the stuns/slows this might be doable

Barag Gularan: Should be a no-brainer up to the boss, depending on which skills the boss use it might take some time to get him down, but it shouldn't be impossible
    Last edited by Fralin; Jul 03 2013 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fralin View Post
    Barag Gularan: Should be a no-brainer up to the boss, depending on which skills the boss use it might take some time to get him down, but it shouldn't be impossible
    Barad Gularan has been solo-able for quite some time, so I wonder if the Original Poster meant to say BG the 12 man raid, i.e. Barad Guldur? If that is the case, I can't think of any basic mechanics that make it impossible (like the 6 platform thing from OD Wound wing) but certainly it will be very challenging at level 65. Give it a whirl and tell us how it goes!
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Man View Post
    I wonder if the Original Poster meant to say BG the 12 man raid, i.e. Barad Guldur? If that is the case, I can't think of any basic mechanics that make it impossible (like the 6 platform thing from OD Wound wing) but certainly it will be very challenging at level 65. Give it a whirl and tell us how it goes!
    The positioning of twins would probably be the biggest issue I think (eye > move > boss moves > can't have the bosses close to each other > shadow aoe > etc)... could be interesting to try though

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Man View Post
    Barad Gularan has been solo-able for quite some time, so I wonder if the Original Poster meant to say BG the 12 man raid, i.e. Barad Guldur? If that is the case, I can't think of any basic mechanics that make it impossible (like the 6 platform thing from OD Wound wing) but certainly it will be very challenging at level 65. Give it a whirl and tell us how it goes!
    The first fight is hard, because you must remove corruptions on both otherwise they are buffed on time
    (I tried once and failed, but might be possible)