We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: PVP?

PVP?

So for the most of us who have completed and geared out multiple character on freep and only really have PvP left to keep us going, what other games do you play during the offtime/zerg rage logging?

Personally I like the Battlefield franchise, Crysis 1,2,+3 (though C1 is really the only good one), Eve, and Hawken (Awsome F2P MechWarrior game). I dabble in Rift and GW2, but never really got into them, I think my SWTOR account is in use by someone, but who knows. Lots of Strategy games as well, too many to mention.

You can usually find me in one of those games if I'm not online in LOTRO or on the water, Brakan, Moxen or Balky is my handle in most of those.
    YOUR PAL MOXEN, Go pound sand!

I loved Mechwarrior back in the day, I am going to give Hawken a try. Lizzmeister was my nick in CS:S and the BF series... going with that.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r10 (active) Mini

Warhammer Online is still the best PvP around.
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

Hawken kinda sucks. I assumed it was real mech combat where the torso moved, and was operated separately from the turret. Terribad. Great graphics, but it's just another FPS.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r10 (active) Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart-Fury View Post
    Warhammer Online is still the best PvP around.

Two words...............Bright Wizards

Last I played that game Engineers could shoot through walls, Lions could scale said walls, and Bright Wizards, well, the Devs had to all be Bright Wizards. Major lagfest with keep taking and the ward system was really frustrating. Any of that make sense? Aside from that yes, the pvp was actually pretty cool the way they had it organized. Level cap was 50 when I played and you could level via pvp which was awesome too.

Attended by Coldaen

Mechwarrior Online is really good. they have the IP and its 8 on 8.
    I am Blackhawk, Leader of
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events
    ~ Member of the 2013 Player Council ~
    ...We were not ready to find Aztaur the Balrog, the Frozen Death, the Ice Demon of Thangorodrim. But Find Him We Did...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post

Last I played that game Engineers could shoot through walls, Lions could scale said walls, and Bright Wizards, well, the Devs had to all be Bright Wizards. Major lagfest with keep taking and the ward system was really frustrating. Any of that make sense? Aside from that yes, the pvp was actually pretty cool the way they had it organized. Level cap was 50 when I played and you could level via pvp which was awesome too.
    Sounds like a game for 12 year olds... Or something Aralorn would be into with his Wizards101 junk lol.
    Lotro PvP is a joke anymore ever since the P2W BS. Turbine got greedy. I'm biding my time for Star Citizen. It's going to be pretty sweet, and it's free of the greedy hands of EA, Activision, and the other greedy publishers who release games before they are truly ready. Sometimes I log onto BF3. BF4 looks pretty sweet. Also, haven't tried PvP yet in The Last Of Us, but the game itself is amazing. Best story I've seen in awhile.
    Last edited by SirPhobos; Jul 05 2013 at 02:50 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#FF8C00]Some men aren't looking for anything logical. Some men just want to watch the world burn.[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post

Sounds like its been a long time since you played...

Bright Wizard bomb squads are a thing of the past. I have never seen a White Lion or their pet scale a wall and Engineers... not exactly menacing.

Im not here to vouch for the game as a whole. It really isnt in good shape due to EA being pathetic and neglecting their games but... it is still the best pvp game out there atm.

Hopefully Camelot Unchained and Warhammer 40k will issue in the next generation of pvp mmos sometime in 2015-16
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by SirPhobos View Post
    Sounds like a game for 12 year olds... Or something Aralorn would be into with his Wizards101 junk lol.
    Lol. As opposed to a game with Rune Keepers and Lore Masters rather than Wizards?

It's all equally make-believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart Fury
    Sounds like its been a long time since you played...

Bright Wizard bomb squads are a thing of the past. I have never seen a White Lion or their pet scale a wall and Engineers... not exactly menacing.

Im not here to vouch for the game as a whole. It really isnt in good shape due to EA being pathetic and neglecting their games but... it is still the best pvp game out there atm.

Hopefully Camelot Unchained and Warhammer 40k will issue in the next generation of pvp mmos sometime in 2015-16
    I agree with most everything here. The Realm vs. Realm in War is incomparable and the straight up pvp whether it's 1v1 6v6 or zerg v zerg is probably the most balanced you'll find. I might disagree with the Engi comment, but then my Engi was extraordinarily awesome.

I love the freep v creep pvp though simply because the two sides are not equals. They're very different. When I play my creep I feel like a mob that has been given the gift of thought.