We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why on earth does my stance/discipline not remember itself when I dismount?

I remember being annoyed about this in beta, and I'm very disappointed to come back after taking a break from the game for a few months and find that the game STILL always defaults to "Red Dawn" when I mount my war-steed instead of whatever I was using 10 seconds ago before I dismounted. Having to remember to change stance every time I mount up is really irritating, and it makes me not want to bother with mounted combat at all, or at least with using any discipline other than the default.

It's especially frustrating because the mount quasi-stances don't even show the little ants-crawling-around-the-border on the active skill button on the hotbar, so it's not even very obvious which one is active.
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

I am also frustrated about this. Also, I have two bar set ups for my guardian but it defaults to sword instead of shield (now you can toggle set ups with a button next to the = quickslot). At least with mounted combat, however, it shows your discipline as a buff on under your health/power bar.

If any developers see this post, feature request: option to set a discipline/quick slot setting default. Sometimes its the little things that matter.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001fb9c8/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

LOTRO .. hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Hethyba View Post
    I remember being annoyed about this in beta, and I'm very disappointed to come back after taking a break from the game for a few months and find that the game STILL always defaults to "Red Dawn" when I mount my war-steed instead of whatever I was using 10 seconds ago before I dismounted. Having to remember to change stance every time I mount up is really irritating, and it makes me not want to bother with mounted combat at all, or at least with using any discipline other than the default.

It's especially frustrating because the mount quasi-stances don't even show the little ants-crawling-around-the-border on the active skill button on the hotbar, so it's not even very obvious which one is active.
    Ive been playing lotro on and off since its inception ... When i see things like what you guys have posted here it makes me realize that the devs must not actually play the game .... so heres more fuel for the fire ... how come my horse cant swim? ridiculous .... why cant i send more than one item in the postal service? ... ridiculous .... why are the skirmishs so unbalanced? .... ridiculous ... i could go on and on ... i guess my main question is ... WHY DO THE DEVS RELEASE NEW CONTENT WHEN THEY HAV'NT ADDRESSED THE SIMPLEST OF ISSUES IN YEARS??? .... Friend of mine asked should he come to lotro ... i told him if you want the best community ... yes .. if your looking for a game thats polished ... skip it ... YOU GUYS DONT LISTEN TO PEOPLES LEGITIMATE GRIPES. SO >>>> I shall CONTINUE TO POST EVERYWHERE about legitmate complaints ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cophros View Post
    ... how come my horse cant swim? ridiculous ....
    Agree completely. You hit a little stream and poof! Your horse disappears.
    [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info513-ElvenAdventuressUI.html"]Elven Adventuress UI[/URL] ~ [URL="http://kittykittyboomboom.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/basic-newbie-guide-to-playing-lotro/"]Newbie Guide To Playing LotRO[/URL] ~ [URL="http://kittykittyboomboom.wordpress.com/2010/12/29/basic-guide-to-lotro-dual-boxing/"]Guide To Dual-Boxing LotRO[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by kantywanty View Post
    If any developers see this post, feature request: option to set a discipline/quick slot setting default. Sometimes its the little things that matter.
    /Signed

Quote Originally Posted by kantywanty View Post
    I like this one.

/Signed

Fairly certain this is being fixed in the next update... 11.2

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    Fairly certain this is being fixed in the next update... 11.2
    It's in the current patch notes for the Bullroarer public test server.

These are always subject to change right up until the release of the patch so it's possible it may not make it in.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]