We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What plugins do you use?

What plugins do you use? Here's what I run

Palantir
    Hugebag
    Emo
    Buffbars
    Travel

PvMP+
    Palantir (sometimes, not a deal breaker)
    BuffBars
    BevyoBars
    Combat Analysis

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

PvMP+
    Combat Analysis

I haven't experimented with the others, although I've thought about it. The inventory plugin is what keeps drawing my eye back.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    PvMP+
    Combat Analysis

I haven't experimented with the others, although I've thought about it. The inventory plugin is what keeps drawing my eye back.
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...-BuffBars.html - you won't regret it.

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

PvMP+ - Used to use this a lot. If I start pvping again, will use again.
    CombatAnalysis - Used to use this a lot, but with no t2c left to challenge us, I no longer see the point, unless I'm learning a new class/build, or want to test changes Turbine is making.
    MinstrelBuff - I could use BuffBars instead, but I like this better for anthem maintenance. "No Window - Four" configs are my preference.
    BuffBars - I should be using this more than I do.
    MoraleDiff - I like it situationally where we need to keep two bosses even, until someone adds me to target assist
    DailyTasks - Almost forgot this one, but I actually use it quite a bit.
    Compendium - Useful for answering peoples questions in glff & other channels by providing them a link to the item they're inquiring about, among other things.
    EffectWarn - For whatever reason, on some of my charcters I'm bad about noticing when it when I need to pot in raids. This helps when I really need the notification.

I don't have any set to autoload. I just load them if/when I need them... except my creeps, they're set to autoload PvMP+
    Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: Glaistig Skop | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba

Moochinbras - former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval

Horsey http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo..._by_rushl.html
    With this patch http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...horsPatch.html

Being able to pick a random mount from my stable of 40+ mounts every time is great.
    Council Of The West On Snowbourn

Runesi lvl 100 Rune Keeper

Tonic Bars
    Titanbar
    Alerter
    AltInventory
    occasionally Combat Analysis

No plugins - I run all my toons with the standard user interface.
    Casual R Us - Garatha

No plug-ins. The game is easy enough as is, but loads of folks use tonic bar type plugins.

I do have some key mapping to help though. There are 2 types of key maps: one is through the Ctrl-O interface and the other is actually writing key command in the file. I never did the latter even though there are some instructions in the file on how-to, but I know that there are players who do. I have a fancy keyboard (Logitech G19) which does the same.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

I like to use the custom UI skins by JRR (does that count as plugin) to better accentuate the differences between my alts when I'm logged on each. Looks nice and adds more variety.

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ddleearth.html
    Éala Éarendel engla beorhtast / ofer middangeard monnum sended / and sodfasta sunnan leoma, / tohrt ofer tunglas þu tida gehvane / of sylfum þe symle inlihtes.

Compendium
    Buff Bars
    Combat Analysis
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

1- I normally run the Mac Client, but use the same Plugins in my WINE setup.

2-#Loaded ALL the time for all characters:
    BuffBars
    TonicBars
    Travel

3- Loaded for individual characters or "as needed."
    AltInventory
    MoorMap
    CombatAnalysis
    AltViewer

4- I also use LPC -- the Lua Plugin Compendium -- Java Version, by Lunar Water -- to track, update and install my Luas.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Buffbars (just the effect windows, no sliders or quickslots)
    Combat Analysis
    Baruk (for quickslots)
    Alerter (on my LM to see flanks easier)
    BuildSwapper (on warden to swap out tank/dps gear)
    LIP when needed. No need to keep that in memory if I'm not planning out an LI.

Rainbow: It makes the pretty recruiting spam!

These lists make me
    Last edited by Galuhad; Jun 24 2014 at 07:39 PM.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    These lists make me
    I used Crafting Companion and Hytbold Assistant for awhile. They were invaluable tracking aids when my main was more religious about dailies related to them. Feel better now?
    And I frequently find myself wishing that I could check something in Item Treasury, but I keep forgetting to get around to installing it.

I use Huge Bag on every toon. (The number of features packed into it is pretty impressive.)

I relied heavily on Busy Bee Tasks for a long time, but its usefulness dropped off as the data file became obsolete. For a time, I updated for the changes and added entries for new areas, but, since only one or two of my toons ever do much with tasks, I found that I was spendiing more time maintaining the list than I was saving. I still load it for reference sometimes, though.

I'm interested in checking out LOTRO Compendium. From the author's description, it looks like it can list all quests in the game (or, at least, all that the plug-in's author was aware of when setting up the database). But I could not tell if it pulls the information from my toon to indicate whether I have or have not completed them (or accepted them). Anyone care to comment?
    As a rep-focused, semi-completist I want to pull up a list for any given faction of rep quests that are still available to me (that is, either repeatable or not completed).

Similarly, I'm a bit of a recipe book completist, and want a plug-in that can tell me what ones I'm missing from each tier. (The author of RecipeTracker expressed at one point a desire for that plug-in to include recipes not known to the toon, but I don't believe such functionality was ever added. [It would require gathering the recipe information from other players and compiling it for incorporation into the plug-in, as the data needed to list a recipe is not available from the game if the toon does not know the recipe.])

Although an external spreadsheet utility rather than a game plug-in, Berry's Completionist Tracker is something else I might check out. But, unfortunately, it's a checklist for tracking only deeds (mostly), not quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Halgoreth View Post
    I used Crafting Companion and Hytbold Assistant for awhile. They were invaluable tracking aids when my main was more religious about dailies related to them. Feel better now?
    And I frequently find myself wishing that I could check something in Item Treasury, but I keep forgetting to get around to installing it.

I use Huge Bag on every toon. (The number of features packed into it is pretty impressive.)

I relied heavily on Busy Bee Tasks for a long time, but its usefulness dropped off as the data file became obsolete. For a time, I updated for the changes and added entries for new areas, but, since only one or two of my toons ever do much with tasks, I found that I was spendiing more time maintaining the list than I was saving. I still load it for reference sometimes, though.

I'm interested in checking out LOTRO Compendium. From the author's description, it looks like it can list all quests in the game (or, at least, all that the plug-in's author was aware of when setting up the database). But I could not tell if it pulls the information from my toon to indicate whether I have or have not completed them (or accepted them). Anyone care to comment?
    As a rep-focused, semi-completist I want to pull up a list for any given faction of rep quests that are still available to me (that is, either repeatable or not completed).

Similarly, I'm a bit of a recipe book completist, and want a plug-in that can tell me what ones I'm missing from each tier. (The author of RecipeTracker expressed at one point a desire for that plug-in to include recipes not known to the toon, but I don't believe such functionality was ever added. [It would require gathering the recipe information from other players and compiling it for incorporation into the plug-in, as the data needed to list a recipe is not available from the game if the toon does not know the recipe.])

Although an external spreadsheet utility rather than a game plug-in, Berry's Completionist Tracker is something else I might check out. But, unfortunately, it's a checklist for tracking only deeds (mostly), not quests.
    Yay

Unfortunately the API is quite limited for most of these plugins you've listed. The plugins can't access any info on quests or deeds for example, so these authors have to build entire databases themselves. It's a painful task. Not all authors manage to keep their databases up to date with each update. I have no idea when Compendium was last updated, but it's possible some newer quests may be missing. It certainly won't be able to tell, however, which quests are completed because there is no such API.

Item Treasury was updated with 13.1 so that for sure has a full and correct database. It's quite handy for finding items to view when needed, whether that's a piece of armour, a recipe, or even an LI legacy. I'll also be keeping it updated as often as needed.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

pvmp+

I used buffbars for a while, but it cluttered up my screen, but it was really helpful

~Rimenuir: hunter, officer Guardians of the Forsaken Woods
    ~Lumfatnur: warg, member In Breeds

Bevy of bars
    Task Items
    buff bars
    travel window
    recipie tracker
    hugebag

PVMP+
    RainbowChat
    Palantir
    BuffBars