We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Crafting legendary weapons with ingredient packs

Okay, I am curious what is up with something. I am trying to craft myself some level 85 second age weapons for my main character, but I cannot use the Eastemnet ingredient packs. I was able to make some level 75 second age weapons before with Westfold ingredient packs though. At the time I was only at journeyman level for the Westfold tier, and I am now journeyman for Eastemnet. So, why can't I use the ingredient packs to make the level 85's? I can use them for every other recipe I have for Eastemnet except for legendary weapons.

I don't use the ingredient packs, but it does seem odd.

Double-check, silly question time...- I have been off guard a couple times in the wonderful world of crafting.

If you can use the ingredient packs, then of course you should be able to use these as well. So, with the other packs are you mastery of tier 8 in those, and maybe not in this profession? Is it simply stating you can not, or is a window greyed out lacking a critical ingredient?

We can probably solve this tonight, there is good traffic in the crafting forum but some more info would be great.

Edit - what do you mean by journeyman with Westfold and Eastemnet? As in apprentice, journeyman,expert, artisan, etc with each tier needing to be repeated before mastery of the next. Do you mean you have only completed Eastemnet once?

I can check later but there were more LI recipes in tier 7, and I almost certainly required mastery of tier 7 to craft a 2nd age.
    Last edited by Schmidster; Jun 29 2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: different levels

Sorry, I meant proficient, the level between apprentice and master within each tier. When I crafted the level 75 2nd age weapons, I was only proficient of the Westfold (Tier 7, I think) weaponsmith craft but I had the option to use ingredient packs to create the weapons. I am proficient in the Eastemnet weaponsmith tier now but I do not have the option to use ingredient packs to make the level 85 2nd age weapons. Edit: I can't make any 3rd age weapons with Eastemnet ingredient packs either.

Here are a couple screenshots from the two tiers so it may be easier to understand what I mean.

Last edited by AshanteElindielle; Jun 30 2013 at 02:31 AM.

This is as intended.

You will never be able to "buy" end-game items from the store. Level 85 SA items count as end-game. Being able to craft them from Ingredient Packs would be this.

You have to earn them in-game the same as everyone else.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Personally I wouldn't want to buy "end game" items anyway, so I think this was done right. So either you get into the raids somehow and hope for a item to drop to make the wep or item or you pay alot of gold in the AH for the items you need.

Okay, that makes sense to me, though kinda sucks because I was hoping to get them with the packs. Oh well, I will have to work toward getting the ingredients I need so I can forge them. Thanks for the knowledge, I will store that away for future reference when the next expansion comes out that raises the level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    This is as intended.

You will never be able to "buy" end-game items from the store. Level 85 SA items count as end-game. Being able to craft them from Ingredient Packs would be this.

You have to earn them in-game the same as everyone else.
    We were able to make level 75 second ages with ingredient packs before Riders of Rohan launched. Turbine changed the recipes after the level 75 first ages become available.

Turbine considers the current best legendary item - level and age as the end game gear. Look for these recipes to change in the next major update.

There is one unfortunate aspect to making an legendary item with an ingredient pack. The legendary item is account bound. You can't give or sell these legendary items to other people. Only characters on that specific account can use them.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Jul 01 2013 at 12:53 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post

Turbine considers the current best legendary item - level and age as the end game gear. Look for these recipes to change in the next major update.
    Sadly, previous level-cap first-ages are still considered 'end-game gear'.

It'd be nice if we could use ingredient packs for L65/L75 First Ages now that we have L85 First ages.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler