We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Recuperate

Recuperate

Does anyone else have problems with this skill not working half the time? I get a "skill requirements not met" message but I can't find any requirements for this skill.
    "The LOTRO Store will offer convenience, not advantage." -Patience
    "These pots are only available in the store and they are not available via crafting. Nor do we have any plans for this to change right now." -Frelorn

I have seen this while leveling my lore master but haven't seen it on any other class. What class do you play?

I get it all the time on my champ

I believe you have to have fervour to use the skill. Some skills skills generate fervour and others remove it. If you try to use the skill out of combat or with no fervour you will receive the error message.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000034a5a/signature.png]Thorskaldir[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Gratefuldude View Post
    I believe you have to have fervour to use the skill. Some skills skills generate fervour and others remove it. If you try to use the skill out of combat or with no fervour you will receive the error message.
    I don't think there's anything about needing fervor on the tooltip, but I might be wrong. One way or the other turbine messed up.
    "These pots are only available in the store and they are not available via crafting. Nor do we have any plans for this to change right now." -Frelorn

Quote Originally Posted by lordjimdudkiewicz View Post
    I don't think there's anything about needing fervor on the tooltip, but I might be wrong. One way or the other turbine messed up.
    Yeah, I only figured it out with testing. I, like you, couldnt figure out why it didnt work reliably.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000034a5a/signature.png]Thorskaldir[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Gratefuldude View Post
    Yeah, I only figured it out with testing. I, like you, couldnt figure out why it didnt work reliably.
    Can't have anything to do with fervor, tried it with a full bar and nothing happened. Bluename response please!

I'm not overly sure what the requirements are but I also encountered this, I found after using mounted strike I could then get it off, whether that's a fervour requirement or a skill requirement not sure but yeah mounted strike on the target seems to always allow me to use it then.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002a836c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It would seem you can only use recuperate after doing damage to your current target using any other skill. If that target dies (or you switch to a new target) before using recuperate then the ability is lost, and you again need to hit the new target with some other skill first.

Can't have anything to do with fervor, tried it with a full bar and nothing happened. Bluename response please!
    It needs fervour (5-segment display), not fury (red bar). Can't get into game atm, but IIRC only the first MC skill generates fervour, all the other skills consume it all, but only Recuperate actually needs you to have some.
    Last edited by Grimdi; Jul 09 2013 at 08:09 AM.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    It needs fervour (5-segment display), not fury (red bar). Can't get into game atm, but IIRC only the first MC skill generates fervour, all the other skills consume it all, but only Recuperate actually needs you to have some.
    Nope, both Fury and Fervor bars were full. Had already damaged opponent. Maybe I need to have the horse shoe equipped?

Quote Originally Posted by melyjely View Post
    It would seem you can only use recuperate after doing damage to your current target using any other skill. If that target dies (or you switch to a new target) before using recuperate then the ability is lost, and you again need to hit the new target with some other skill first.
    This appears to be the case, though this requirement is missing from the tool tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Saro View Post
    This appears to be the case, though this requirement is missing from the tool tip.
    Guess you missed it, but nope. Tried that too, didn't work.

This would be a great place for the mounted combat dev to pop up and explain things.

From my experience on my Champ, using something like mounted strike will apply a "Mounted Fervour" buff which stacks up to 5 I think, this is the Fervour that Recuperate needs, it is not the same Fervour you use normally.

Other mounted abilities affect this Mounted Fervour too, Swift Cut, Mounted Strike and Sundering Blow increase Mounted Fervour by 1, while Destabilizing Strike and Horn Blast both remove all Mounted Fervour, as does Recuperate

Quote Originally Posted by si_63a View Post
    From my experience on my Champ, using something like mounted strike will apply a "Mounted Fervour" buff which stacks up to 5 I think, this is the Fervour that Recuperate needs, it is not the same Fervour you use normally.

Other mounted abilities affect this Mounted Fervour too, Swift Cut, Mounted Strike and Sundering Blow increase Mounted Fervour by 1, while Destabilizing Strike and Horn Blast both remove all Mounted Fervour, as does Recuperate
    As I've said multiple times, I've used the skill with BOTTTTTTTTTTTTH fervour bars at full AFTER hitting an enemy BUT with that enemy still alive and had it not fire. Why do people insist on not reading threads before they comment?

As I've said multiple times, I've used the skill with BOTTTTTTTTTTTTH fervour bars at full AFTER hitting an enemy BUT with that enemy still alive and had it not fire. Why do people insist on not reading threads before they comment?
    Not only did I read the thread, I was explaining that the Fervour that the mounted skills use is NOT tied to the champ fervour bar, or the warsteed fury bar, it is a separate buff that is applied when you use Swift Cut, Mounted Strike and Sundering Blow

as an example have a look at this

you can clearly see the Mounted Fervour buff which is at 3, Champion Fervour which is at 5 and Steed Fury, all 3 are different.

To sum up, There are 3 values as I have explained, so when you say "BOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTH" you are forgetting the Mounted Fervour value which is the one that is required to be there for recuperate to be used

Hopefully this clears it up, and perhaps you will insist on understanding someones point before dismissing it in the future.

As for the not firing, I have had the skill fire, not provide any healing but still trigger the cooldown before which I am assuming is a different bug altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by si_63a View Post
    Not only did I read the thread, I was explaining that the Fervour that the mounted skills use is NOT tied to the champ fervour bar, or the warsteed fury bar, it is a separate buff that is applied when you use Swift Cut, Mounted Strike and Sundering Blow

as an example have a look at this

you can clearly see the Mounted Fervour buff which is at 3, Champion Fervour which is at 5 and Steed Fury, all 3 are different.

To sum up, There are 3 values as I have explained, so when you say "BOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTH" you are forgetting the Mounted Fervour value which is the one that is required to be there for recuperate to be used

Hopefully this clears it up, and perhaps you will insist on understanding someones point before dismissing it in the future.

As for the not firing, I have had the skill fire, not provide any healing but still trigger the cooldown before which I am assuming is a different bug altogether.
    This is the correct explanation. I have been playing around with it and even if you have 5 fervour pips and full fury you can't use recup, however if you fire off the first melee skill that builds a mounted fervour you can use it right away.