We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Finesse/stun help for level 43 Lore-Master

So I started being able to take on higher level mobs. This is nice for pushing into Moria on the Epic quests or doing overlevel skirmishes or farming with my Kin (mostly 85s).

The problem is that monsters have started to resist/parry me, and +8 levels over me, I'm only hitting about 40% of the time.

I've noticed that Knowledge of the Lore-Master (KotLM) helps, and of course, SOP:Command helps reduce their parry.

I've also noticed that the bear's stun seems to resisted less than me.

Are there any differences to watch out for? Do a daze, a stun and a root have the same success/failure rate for each monster regardless of which spell is used (with or without KotLM)?

Secondly, are there any good finesse items for a level 4x Lore-Master?
    Last edited by -CasualGamer-; Jun 29 2013 at 08:59 AM.

Finesse didn't exist until level 65+.

You may find some scaling items with finesse, but not much.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by -CasualGamer- View Post
    The problem is that monsters have started to resist/parry me, and +8 levels over me, I'm only hitting about 40% of the time.
    THIS is your problem. Turbine builds in resistance based on mob's level to your level. You cant change that. Finesse will not help with that and was avail with the Launuch (?) area.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    Finesse ... was avail with the Launuch (?) area.
    It came into being with Isengard, not Enedwaith.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

So I started being able to take on higher level mobs. This is nice for pushing into Moria on the Epic quests or doing overlevel skirmishes or farming with my Kin (mostly 85s).

I've noticed that Knowledge of the Lore-Master (KotLM) helps, and of course, SOP:Command helps reduce their parry.

I've also noticed that the bear's stun seems to resisted less than me.

Are there any differences to watch out for? Do a daze, a stun and a root have the same success/failure rate for each monster regardless of which spell is used (with or without KotLM)?

Secondly, are there any good finesse items for a level 4x Lore-Master?
    the resistance gets worse at 85 so put your seatbelt on and enjoy the ride :P oh and in the moors if you pvp creeps mostly high ranked ones will tend to resist your spells a lot D: iv put on the legacy for fire resistance and debuffing on my book and have 5k finesse and my stuff still gets resisted by npcs and creeps abit..just turbine's way of saying they love us
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Hatin' on Warg's 3 sec eye gouge. I was once Armdyl a Loremaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Finesse didn't exist until level 65+.

You may find some scaling items with finesse, but not much.
    You mean from Erebor instances?

That's very helpful, thanks.

Apparently, gear doesn't drop until level 50+ but there are several finesse items when I get there:

http://lotrostrategery.wordpress.com...o-erebor-loot/
    http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...or_Lore-master

There have been posts about stuns, the frustration, our being a light armour class. You will, going forward, have frustrating moments. My suggestion (somebody already mentioned your eagerness to attack higher mobs, lol) is to not panic when stunned. I almost always see at least 2 skills available during a stun. Throw down some tar or a circle in the mean time, it helps.

It seems to me that while being stunned is a moment of delay, the mob also seems to drop in morale, the little laggy-effects of not being able to react seem to wash out in the end. You are attacked, yes, but it's their special ability and is not totally more powerful than other mobs. When you are in a zone when everything thinks it's fun to stun the LM, take a different route, play another spot, but always run with an active hope token, some food, the pet on passive (or not at all), apply lots of debuffs (at least one does not cause agro) and just realize that it's going to be slow going. It won't last.

Your stun gets better also!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidster View Post
    There have been posts about stuns, the frustration, our being a light armour class. You will, going forward, have frustrating moments. My suggestion (somebody already mentioned your eagerness to attack higher mobs, lol) is to not panic when stunned. I almost always see at least 2 skills available during a stun. Throw down some tar or a circle in the mean time, it helps.

It seems to me that while being stunned is a moment of delay, the mob also seems to drop in morale, the little laggy-effects of not being able to react seem to wash out in the end. You are attacked, yes, but it's their special ability and is not totally more powerful than other mobs. When you are in a zone when everything thinks it's fun to stun the LM, take a different route, play another spot, but always run with an active hope token, some food, the pet on passive (or not at all), apply lots of debuffs (at least one does not cause agro) and just realize that it's going to be slow going. It won't last.

Your stun gets better also!
    LMs are immune to stuns. OP is asking about the resist rate of his/her own stuns against enemies.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Thank you, yes I took the wrong point of the post.

Something stuns us, and when it does an area will constantly slow progress. Best to remain calm

you can't parry/evade tactical skill

Quote Originally Posted by Guiwinner View Post
    you can't parry/evade tactical skill
    LM dps involves melee too
    Siggy

Quote Originally Posted by Jousimies View Post
    LM dps involves melee too
    Finesse/stun help for level 43 Lore-Master

And yes, decrease parry help with dps melee and increase atk duration of the enemy too, but nothign about finesse or stun.