We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Fellowship Quests

I'm having problems finding fellowships. There's never anyone looking for a fellowship on quests I need. They might as well just do away with that part of the panel because no one uses it apparently. Is there a trick to finding fellowships? Maybe a certain server people tend to use for fellowing? I am in a large kinship but it's rare to find help even there. I ask in regional chat and local chat and still nothing. So is there something I can do to get more help? It's getting really annoying. They should have a solo option for each fellowship quest because having SO many quests depending on fellowships that you can't find is ridiculous.

It can be really hard to find groups for fellowship quests that aren't using scaled content. A large kinship is really the best resource... but you can't count on finding enough people who want to do that content whenever you care to log in. I'd recommend you use your kinship's message board to organize a group for that content at a specific date and time. Then all the folks who want to do it can arrange their schedules to be available for each other.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

First of all, which areas (or what specific quests) are you looking for fellowships for? Most quests in the game are solo-able, and many people skip the ones that aren't, or come back to them later. There aren't a large number of full-blown fellowship quests, and if you're finding a lot of them in one area, you may be looking at quests that are for a particular instance. Small fellowship quests (made for 3 people, as opposed to a full fellowship of 6 people) are more difficult than normal solo quests, but for me they've mostly been a welcome occasional challenge - granted, I haven't played every class in the game, so I can't speak for all of them. But if you can't solo them on-level, there shouldn't be so many of them that you can't skip them, or come back to them in a level or two.

I have seen people ask in glff about lower level fellowship quests, but it's not guaranteed to get you help. When I see requests like that, if I have a toon around that level who hasn't done the quest I often join it, but I'm typically the only one. However, it's another possibility to try if you're determined to find help on whatever quests you're doing.

It is VERY hard to find people for random fellowship quests on the landscape. Luckily, they are slowly dealing away with them - there are almost no such quests in newer areas and when an older area gets revamped, fellowship quests are usually turned into solo ones too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

First - I love this game. Second, I agree that finding a fellowship to complete quests is the most frustrating thing about this game. There are numerous quests I was unable to complete due to difficulty of finding a fellowship. Considering that fellowship quests are such a large part of the game (and often the most fun), it pains me to skip them. That would be the first thing on my wish list to change in the game. There must be something that Turbine can do to streamline this process so that we have a reasonable chance of completing the fellowship quests (returning at a higher level to complete them is no fun and totally disruptive to game play). I think that solving this issue would take the game to a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaScout View Post
    First - I love this game. Second, I agree that finding a fellowship to complete quests is the most frustrating thing about this game. There are numerous quests I was unable to complete due to difficulty of finding a fellowship. Considering that fellowship quests are such a large part of the game (and often the most fun), it pains me to skip them. That would be the first thing on my wish list to change in the game. There must be something that Turbine can do to streamline this process so that we have a reasonable chance of completing the fellowship quests (returning at a higher level to complete them is no fun and totally disruptive to game play). I think that solving this issue would take the game to a whole new level.

just curious: what can Turbine do when there are only few people who want to do those landscape Fellowship quests? I can see that it's frustrating for everyone who wants to do them but you hardly can make people do them. You have to understand that the game is more than 6 years old and there are already not so many toons in the early areas and a lot of them are played by people who have been there before (and before and before and before). They - mostly - don't want to wait till they find enough people to do those quests and will continue the adventure leaving the quests behind. Another reason for this may be that those toons are only secondary to the main toons and the players probably don't want to waste a lot of time waiting for groups for landscape quests on a sec toon.

I'm rolling a new toon myself (just started) and will most likely skip everything group related because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprathla View Post
    just curious: what can Turbine do when there are only few people who want to do those landscape Fellowship quests? I can see that it's frustrating for everyone who wants to do them but you hardly can make people do them. You have to understand that the game is more than 6 years old and there are already not so many toons in the early areas and a lot of them are played by people who have been there before (and before and before and before). They - mostly - don't want to wait till they find enough people to do those quests and will continue the adventure leaving the quests behind. Another reason for this may be that those toons are only secondary to the main toons and the players probably don't want to waste a lot of time waiting for groups for landscape quests on a sec toon.

I'm rolling a new toon myself (just started) and will most likely skip everything group related because of that.
    That's a good question - I have no idea what they could do. I am sure that this is not the first time this subject has been brought up and was hoping they might come up with a solution. I'm thinking that a good, streamlined system would encourage people to participate in the fellowship quests that they are currently skipping. I realize there are many people that don't do the landscape quests because they would rather solo but I think there are just as many who would want participate and complete these quests (me).

Whenever I'm questing on an alt in a low level area, I always advertise in LFF before doing a fellowship quest. 99% of the time I get no response. So I either try it solo or just skip it.

Unfortunately, the game is so large and covers so many levels that the chances of you finding someone who happens to be the same level, in the same area, and on the same quest are virtually nil.

The best advice I can give its to find a few other like-minded players and agree on a day/time each week to do fellowship content.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Thanks for the advice and comments. For the person that asked what quests in particular, the area towards the end of Lone-Lands. Augamen or something like that. I can't remember the exact name but I'm sure you know what I mean. And there's some North Downs fellowship quests I can't find help with. Virtually all the fellowship quests in North Downs. I've already been doing what most of you suggested. I skipped them because I really had no choice and then after I level a level or 2 I go back and try again. Still no luck yet. I'm doing Evindem now and I guess I'll try again after that.

For the lower level fellowship quests there just aren't enough players at that level to sustain any interest. Even if you can see 20-30 characters at the right level in the region, a lot of them are alts who are levelling up as fast as possible so they can play end game. The owners have done those quests several times on other characters and have no interest in running them again.

Kinship group is often the only way you will be able to do them, sad to say.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    [url]http://www.theoldergamers.com[/url]

You need to realize that this is a 6 year old game that doesn't attract as much players as it used to. Not much is invested in marketing and because of that there arent many new players.... Lotro isnt WoW that you will always, whereever you are, encounter someone leveling in the same area as you... For most part you will get to lvl 75 seeing only a handful of other players outside larger cities, especially on smaller servers... I suggest you skip those quests or you could potentially waste days looking for on-level players. Its your choice....

If someone wants to do the all fellowship quests, you have few options left (at no particular order):

1. play together with some RL friends, so you do these quests together.

2. Level up, then come back and do these quests solo.

3. Level up your skirmish soldier, then use it on landscape, helping you.

4. Join large and active kinship, and agree upon doing kin runs in regions,

Also, when you do these quests, ask in Regional and global chat channels, if someone wants to join. And if someone else wants to do some other fellowship quest, offer to help him/her.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000163bef/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

One thing I find that doesn't go over well with alot of people is blind invites to a fellowship. what I mean by that is randomly selecting someone out of the fellowing tab and sending an invite.

Be courteous and ASK if they wish to help. you may be suprised by people, people that may take time out from what they are doing if you do.

Many of the fellowship/small-fellowship quests in Agamaur are part of the Garth Agarwen instances - there are two 3-mans (Barrows and Arboretum) and one 6-man (Fortress). If you don't mind blowing through them, you may be able to find one or two higher level people to help you, because they give rep with the Eglain, as well as tokens (useable for getting nice level 32 gear for alts), and are typically relatively quick.

If you don't find other players in the Lone-lands who want to join, you may try Bree-town, which probably will have some players at around that level or higher, or GLFF. If you happen to be on my server (Windfola) I'd love to help you out myself, although I'm guessing that you're on some other server.

If you're not aware, there is a global chat channel called glff that lets you ask for help from players all over the server. Not many will be interested in running lower level stuff but sometimes you get lucky. Type "/joinchannel glff" to enter it and then "/1 whatever" to talk in it. On some servers it's called globallff or unite, try those too.

Failing that, since your kin isn't much help, your best bet is probably getting a landscape soldier token from the skirmish camp and using that to help out. It won't be enough for every quest, but you should be able to get some of them done that way.

It IS possible to get all the fellowship quests done without overlevelling them, but you'll need to be patient. Good luck!