We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Arnmoth the Exacting quest in Forochel. Help!

I'm doing a quest called "Arnmoth the Exacting" in Forochel (got the quest in Zigilgund) and the objective of this quest is to go in the Icecreave mines, find Arnmoth the Exacting (elite), and defeat him. My problem is that I can neither attack Arnmoth nor be attacked by him. I searched it up on google and found out that he is supposed to attack after you kill his adds (dourhands) but that never happened to me. I believe there were 3 dourhands that immediately attacked me as I entered the room in which Arnmoth was in. After I defeated them, I tried to attack Arnmoth but it wouldn't let me. Also, you guys know how enemies morale/power bars are outlined in red to show that they will attack you, right? Well, Arnmoth's morale/power bar stayed green the whole time. The adds kept respawning and attacking me but Arnmoth himself never attacked me once and I couldn't attack him. :P What am I doing wrong? Or is it a bug???

Sounds like a bug. Try again later maybe, or file a bug report (which won't help you in a timely manner).

Also it's not a solo quest so watch out if he does get active.

I filed a bug report already. I wanted to know if maybe I was just missing something but I guess not. Oh also, I was doing it in a fellowship so it's all good. Thanks for your response.

I don't know if he wakes up because of adds being killed or if it's on a timer, but I've never seen him remain still out of combat after all the adds are dead. Though maybe if you're very high level and are killing the adds too fast? Arnmorth should be speaking during the fight as the adds are killed as I recall. If he never says anything at all then it's definitely a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    I don't know if he wakes up because of adds being killed or if it's on a timer, but I've never seen him remain still out of combat after all the adds are dead. Though maybe if you're very high level and are killing the adds too fast? Arnmorth should be speaking during the fight as the adds are killed as I recall. If he never says anything at all then it's definitely a bug.
    Yeah, he never said anything as I was killing the adds. Hopefully they will fix it soon!! Thanks for the help.

I bugged it back in march. Sad to hear its still bugged.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000034a5a/signature.png]Thorskaldir[/charsig]

I did this quest on Laurelin this week without any problem.
    Bugs like this one are not a priority to fix, hopefully it will be solved with HD

Warning a bit of spoilers.

There are 3 dourhandsm that attack you immediately. fine. Then there are 4 more that are busy scribbing some notes, that you can attack. After you kill these four, then the Arnmoth gets annoyed enough to charge you. Be warned, he will call for reinforcements often in the battle, so if you arent careful, you can get swarmed over by dourhands. Group is really prefered to deal with him.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000163bef/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

Hiya RedVelvety!

Shuno here, and i assume you might be Erasus

Yup, something was definately up with that quest. Just the three normal dourhands were attackable, i stayed for a bit just to see if it changed but nothing.

Oh well, give me a shout if you ever want to try again. Like after the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter_of_Bree View Post

There are 3 dourhandsm that attack you immediately. fine. Then there are 4 more that are busy scribbing some notes, that you can attack. After you kill these four, then the Arnmoth gets annoyed enough to charge you. Be warned, he will call for reinforcements often in the battle, so if you arent careful, you can get swarmed over by dourhands. Group is really prefered to deal with him.
    Still bugged. Only the first 3 adds in the room appear. Boss never speaks. Either that, or he is listening for agro and I'm too high level for those other to appear.
    ~Drum of Windfola~

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter_of_Bree View Post

OK, seeing this thread inspired me to finish this quest on my level 77 Warden; it's been sitting there waiting for me lol. I encountered something similar, but not quite. As stated, there are 3 dourhands that attack you immediately. Then for the next group I only recall seeing 2 scribes. DIdn't matter - attacking one will bring them all on you. After defeating them, Arnmoth attacks. Was surprised how long it took - even at level 77. But defeat him I did, although I didn't encounter any adds until *after* Arnmoth was defeated and I was heading back out of the room.

Glad to finally get that out of my Warden's quest list.

It bugged out for me last week. The room only had the 3 first adds. The other two at the desks were not present and at the time I did not know they were missing. That day I tried relogging, dropping and re-accepting the quest... nothing worked. I dropped the quest until yesterday. I picked it up, went back, and it worked fine.

Lightbulb

I remember that the room 5 adds, not 3. There are 3 close to the door & 2 near the throne. You can stand by the door, pull & kill the nearest 3, then pull & kill the farther 2. The boss will not activate untill you get close to him. You have to kill all 5 to get the boss activated. Also the is the respawn issue, is not a bug, is by timer. If you take too long to kill the adds &/or Arnmoth, they will respawn & jump over you. If you are soloing it on level, that maybe the reason that is taking you too much time. The quest is build to require 3 man dps.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Nov 02 2013 at 09:44 AM.
    Is this Alternate Playable Character Disorder? :

Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth