We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Arnmoth the Exacting quest in Forochel. Help!

I'm doing a quest called "Arnmoth the Exacting" in Forochel (got the quest in Zigilgund) and the objective of this quest is to go in the Icecreave mines, find Arnmoth the Exacting (elite), and defeat him. My problem is that I can neither attack Arnmoth nor be attacked by him. I searched it up on google and found out that he is supposed to attack after you kill his adds (dourhands) but that never happened to me. I believe there were 3 dourhands that immediately attacked me as I entered the room in which Arnmoth was in. After I defeated them, I tried to attack Arnmoth but it wouldn't let me. Also, you guys know how enemies morale/power bars are outlined in red to show that they will attack you, right? Well, Arnmoth's morale/power bar stayed green the whole time. The adds kept respawning and attacking me but Arnmoth himself never attacked me once and I couldn't attack him. :P What am I doing wrong? Or is it a bug???

Sounds like a bug. Try again later maybe, or file a bug report (which won't help you in a timely manner).

Also it's not a solo quest so watch out if he does get active.

I filed a bug report already. I wanted to know if maybe I was just missing something but I guess not. Oh also, I was doing it in a fellowship so it's all good. Thanks for your response.

I don't know if he wakes up because of adds being killed or if it's on a timer, but I've never seen him remain still out of combat after all the adds are dead. Though maybe if you're very high level and are killing the adds too fast? Arnmorth should be speaking during the fight as the adds are killed as I recall. If he never says anything at all then it's definitely a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    I don't know if he wakes up because of adds being killed or if it's on a timer, but I've never seen him remain still out of combat after all the adds are dead. Though maybe if you're very high level and are killing the adds too fast? Arnmorth should be speaking during the fight as the adds are killed as I recall. If he never says anything at all then it's definitely a bug.
    Yeah, he never said anything as I was killing the adds. Hopefully they will fix it soon!! Thanks for the help.

I bugged it back in march. Sad to hear its still bugged.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000034a5a/signature.png]Thorskaldir[/charsig]