We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Farming Guide

Farming Guide

I must be missing it, but I can't find any guide to Farming. I have some Apprentice Recipes and found some farmland, but I can't get the crafting popup to come up so I can see what else I need to start farming, such as buckets, water, seed, fertilizer, etc.

I remember being similarly confused when I first started. There should be an Apprentice Farmer NPC somewhere near the fields. He will sell you the ingredients you need. Then stand in the appropriate field and use the Crafting Panel to plant a field.

Note, only plant 4-5 at a time and then harvest them. The fields only last so long before the disappear. I tend to do 5 rotating slightly each time and then clicking them in order to harvest once the planting is done.

press t to open the crafting panel
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

The Farmer NPC will also have more recipes that you can buy.

You might want to check out the wiki page for Farmer:

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Farmer
    [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Loriandrel 85 Elf Hunter[/COLOR]--[/B][B][COLOR=#0000ff]Loriandra 85 Woman Champion[/COLOR][/B][B]--[/B][B][COLOR=#ffd700]Lorrawyn 68 Elf Rune-keeper[/COLOR][/B][B]--
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]Lorrell 55 Woman Warden [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Lorieth 53 Woman Lore-master[/COLOR]--[COLOR=#008000]Lorifindel 33 Elf Guardian---[/COLOR]Dwarrowdelf[/B]

Any luck? Are you full of vegies and pipe weed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider39 View Post
    I must be missing it, but I can't find any guide to Farming. I have some Apprentice Recipes and found some farmland, but I can't get the crafting popup to come up so I can see what else I need to start farming, such as buckets, water, seed, fertilizer, etc.
    Okay, it's about a week later, but i only just found this post.
    Just a thought: Have you actually gotten the quest: Introduction to Farming from the Master of Apprentices in the crafting area?

This quest will tell you (almost) exactly what to do. And it will give you a few basic materials to get you started (always fun to get some materials

Also, if you're not a woodworker, historian or Yeoman, you don't have access to the farming profession.

If you want more information about farming, I've made a guide to become a master apprentice farmer:
    Becoming a Farmer
    Becoming an Apprentice Farmer
    Becoming a Master Apprentice Farmer

Have fun farming!
    Country: Netherlands, Current Server: Nimrodel. Future server: Landroval
    Sheherezi's an Eastemnet Cook & Farmer

*kicks the forum for eating her last attempt at posting*

*ahem*

One little-known trick, once you get used to how Farming works in LoTRO, is to bind a key to the Target Nearest Object function (Options -> Keybinds). This allows you to plant without having to spin in a circle because the game automagically targets the first field you planted.

So for my purposes, I have G bound to Target Nearest Object, and Shift+G bound to the Use function. So after I plant 5 fields, I just hit G, Shift+G, wait for harvest, rinse and repeat.

Don't try this with Shire Apple Trees though! They don't stack on top of themselves so you'll end up planting them too far to target via keybind; turning slightly works much, much better for that.