We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

help me reduce lag please!

So here's my stats and here's the thing everything is always laggy. even on lowest settings my fps is running super low and i just want to know if there's anything i can do or is it my internet or computer that's the problem?
    Hp pavilion Dv6 Notebook pc
    AMD phenom(tm) II N620 duel core processor 2.80GHz
    4gb ram 64bit operation system
    and idk where to find my graphics and video card stuff but is that good like in raids and moors im laggy and even just running on lowest settings its always glitching when like i turn and stuff what can i do and if it is my graphics card or video card which is stock btw and im not technical at all so simple terms would be nice but idk is there anything i can do or is it just my internet which is verizon home fusion or what? thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by stormshadowking View Post
    Notebook pc
    Here's your problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jousimies View Post
    Here's your problem
    The DV6 isn't actually a Notebook it's actually a multimedia laptop, i have no idea why HP labeled it as a notebook in the system page, but on the box it's a multimedia laptop.

It has as said above a PhenomII 2.8mhz processors, and 4gb memory, 500gb SATAII HDD, and an ATI Radeon HD 4250 (128mb)

It's not a bad laptop, but certainly not a gaming laptop, the one i have here is the same model and i have no real problems playing the game on low settings, but it does tend to stutter and lock up in some areas where my desktop will still be breezing through at +60fps, usually busy areas. I think the lowest score for that laptop would be the graphics card followed by the hard drive, you could replace the hard drive with an ssd easy enough (although copying over the software might be tricky) and that might help with the occasional hitching and loading, but as to changing the gfx card i'm not sure on, never attempted it myself.

hd4250, that is the problem... not a bad card, but certainly not great, i got a lot less lag after getting my new videocard