We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Need Some Legendary Item Advice

I seem to be incredibly unlucky with my Hunter. I know what legacies I would like. I know I need to eventually deconstruct them to get a scroll so I can swap out a legacy item on a new weapon. Great. The last 30 Hunter LI bows/crossbows I have identified had not one critical legacy. In fact, of the 7 legacies I want I have not seen 4 of them in the last 30 LIs. Is this normal?

Is there another approach to getting a second or first age bow and being in a position to swap out the legacies on it? If it was another class I would just go buy some in the AH, but hunter weapons, especially bows are about 1-2 Gold each. about 10-20X most other classes.

is there a better approach? Am I missing something? To make matters worse the last two 2nd age bows I got do not have a single legacy I would like to keep.
    “[I]It will never work, change always makes things worse, and Turbine doesn’t care about us anyway…[/I].” Eeyore
    “[I]But maybe it will have honey or even something better[/I]!!” -- Pooh

I don't know where you are in the game, but I found that in Moria the barter currency for LIs (rusted dwarf tools, khuzdul tablets, etc) drop non-stop. I had over 100 of each by the time that I finished Moria, and I was still keeping and deconstructing Hunter LIs as I found them. If all you're doing is leveling them to be deconstructed, I've never had any issues getting more than enough LIs for that. I've got plenty of barter currency, 8 LI slots filled at all times, and at least a dozen items in my vault that have dropped from mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by kmcferrin View Post
    I don't know where you are in the game, but I found that in Moria the barter currency for LIs (rusted dwarf tools, khuzdul tablets, etc) drop non-stop. I had over 100 of each by the time that I finished Moria, and I was still keeping and deconstructing Hunter LIs as I found them. If all you're doing is leveling them to be deconstructed, I've never had any issues getting more than enough LIs for that. I've got plenty of barter currency, 8 LI slots filled at all times, and at least a dozen items in my vault that have dropped from mobs.
    I'm level 85 and my problem is with my Hunter. I seem to be getting about 10% of my drops are Hunter (9 in the last 100). yes, I'm unlucky *sigh*. Of these 3 have been bows/crossbow. None of them have any of the legacies I need. On other classes I can purchase more stuff in AH. But hunter LI costs on my server are through the roof. Bow/crossbows are going for 1-2 gold most of the time.

unless I'm missing something there isn't the same options to use barter currency to get LIs at level 85 as there were at lower levels. BUT, if I'm wrong SOMEONE please tell me where.

BTW, my last two 2nd age bows did not have a single legacy that I would really want to keep.
    “[I]It will never work, change always makes things worse, and Turbine doesn’t care about us anyway…[/I].” Eeyore

Just out of curiosity, are you leveling the LI's to 31? More often than not, when I first identify a LI, it doesn't usually have much that I would want, but when you level it up and reforge, you get to add legacies. That's when I end up finding the ones I need. I always will level them to 31. That gives me three rounds of reforging, and a better chance to find one decent legacy to pull off when it gets deconstructed.

If you're not sure how to do this, just slot it in your LI panel, but you don't have to equip it. It took me forever to figure out how this stuff works (hopefully one day I'll actually know what I'm doing!)

I hope this helps!!!
    100Grd 103Min 101Ch 100RK 100Cpt 103Hunt 101Wdn 100Burg 58LM ::Leader of Phoenix Rising, Arkenstone::
    35Grd 35Min 35Ch 37RK 40Hunt 40Wdn ::Founder of The People Person's Paper People, Evernight::

Quote Originally Posted by Arbornal View Post
    Just out of curiosity, are you leveling the LI's to 31? More often than not, when I first identify a LI, it doesn't usually have much that I would want, but when you level it up and reforge, you get to add legacies. That's when I end up finding the ones I need. I always will level them to 31. That gives me three rounds of reforging, and a better chance to find one decent legacy to pull off when it gets deconstructed.

If you're not sure how to do this, just slot it in your LI panel, but you don't have to equip it. It took me forever to figure out how this stuff works (hopefully one day I'll actually know what I'm doing!)

I hope this helps!!!
    thanks. I've been going to 60 before deconstructing. I used to go to 30, then 40. It hasn't been helping. As I said, I have amazing runs of bad luck. I've had two 2nd age bows sitting doing nothing for four weeks because I can get the right scrolls to swap out the dumb legacies for good ones.

On other classes I can normal buy tons of LIs from the Ah at average cost of about 30-50 k and see what I get. With average hunter bow/crossbow sitting at 1-2 gold I could easily spend 60-70 gold and still not get everything I need.

SavinDwarf, if you're looking for legacies, it only makes sense to go up to level 30. You get a new legacy at 10, 20 and 30, but 40, 50, 60, and 70 only upgrade a legacy tier. If you're also going for relics/shards, it is advisable to level it to 31 for better relics on deconstruction.

That should save you a little bit of time.

Aside from that, your aim is to increase the number of hunter LIs in your possession. I would check in your kin to see if you could round up a couple people to farm an orc encampment or something with you. If your kin is full of selfish people, maybe you could find one on glff. Glff can be a rough place ("/joinchannel glff" to enter and '/leavechannel glff' to leave', but there may be a couple good eggs who'd help you out. If that doesn't work, post in your server's forum (or just tell us your server's name here) and you're likely to get help.

I personally don't save any LIs that I can't use. The AH payoff is too low for the effort/space for me. So that means, if you're on Nimrodel I'd send you a couple hunter LIs for free.

//Edit: As far as bartering for LIs. It takes 1776 marks and 135 medallions at the skirmish camp to get a 3rd age 85 sword. And I think you can make third ages at the relic master using shards. I don't know how much it costs for that.
    Last edited by Elfedlied; Jun 30 2013 at 05:57 PM.