We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Getting in line to connect" and then nothing

Hi all, I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

Since the last update, I've been unable to progress beyond entering my log in details, selecting a world and then "Getting in line to connect...". The launcher then closes (both on-screen and in task manager) and nothing happens.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm completely unable to get to the character select screen, and many of the fixes which have previously worked for me when i've had launcher issues have failed. Anyone know of a solution?

Thank you

Having same problem. Haven't seen a single helpful reply or workaround yet. All I see is these thread with a 0 post count on them....
    Mac OS player!

There's not even an error message that appears. I just get the mouse-pointer-with-blue-circle, and then that reverts to the normal mouse pointer. Nothing in task manager, nothing to suggest an error, just no action at all. Can't find anything related on the turbine support page (which I've had success with when encountering other issues). Quite frustrating really how there doesn't seem to be any kind of information regarding this.

Sit-rep on the situation, although it's increasingly feeling like i'm talking to myself.

Complete reinstallation of LOTRO has given me a new problem: I now get a "LOTRO is already running." message when I try to connect to a server.

It isn't.

Going to submit a ticket and hopefully resolve the problem, if I get any joy i'll report back here so others will know.

Any results from that ticket? I'm having the same issue. I have noticed that the Akamai Netsession process stays open after the launcher vanishes, perhaps that's related?

EDIT: uninstalling Akamai has done nothing, disregard. Hope there's a solution to this. I haven't played in a very long time and was hoping to get back into it (plus I don't want my house to be foreclosed ).
    Last edited by binyc; Jul 11 2013 at 01:35 PM.
    Biny Uinendil, Level 75 Elf Champion; Ildur Telkontar, Level 75 Captain; Cubeleg, Level 75 Elf Loremaster; Glianor, Level 75 Elf Runekeeper; Apaache Rosepeacok, Level 65 Elf Warden
    Leader of [url=http://farraiders.guildlaunch.com]The Far Raiders[/url], Meneldor
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000010b50/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

and the same here: "Getting in line to connect" then nothing; launcher closes and I'm back at my desktop.

My situation has been that I got a corrupted file two days ago that prevented me from logging in. So I uninstalled the game, then last night I reinstalled it from a freshly downloaded install file. This morning after the install was complete and the launcher loaded patches, I was able to go into the game with no problem. When I was finished playing I exited the game through the menus.

Now this afternoon, I can't get in. Have no ideas of what changes; can't find a solution for this issue, so it's very frustrating.

WBS is offline Weatherstock Wayfarer
    Destroyer of Worlds
    This is a very interesting issue. Especially in Feladoran's case.

I've had this randomly at times but closing and restarting the laucnher usuallly cured it.

Can anyone provide more details on this? Preferably more technical.

I'd like to try to help if I can.

oh happy day! Fixed my issue

So I was able to fix my problem and I've got LOTRO working again. The solution? Moving the UserPreferences file out of MyDocuments\TheLordoftheRingsO nline (I moved it to the Desktop), then restarting the Launcher and letting the game recreate the file.

I found the answer in this thread
    [ http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Lotro-Launcher ]

I don't know what in the file got corrupted after I reinstalled and ran the game; must have been some setting changes it didn't like. But I've logged in and out a couple of times and so far it's been working fine. But then, I haven't tried to change any settings yet either.

I hope this helps someone else out!

Destroyer of Worlds
    Glad you got it fixed, Feladoran.

I hope your solution will help the others here get sorted as well, thanks for posting it.

Having the same problem and moving user preferences didn't help. Tried the other tricks like turning off proxy or running as admin and still nothing. Really annoying Turbine has done nothing to fix this or address it in any manner.

My friends and I were looking forward to starting a new MMO together but after this we'll be playing a different game instead. If they ever get around to fixing it maybe I'll try again but it's a pretty terrible first impression when you download a 17gb game and then it doesn't even get past the launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Feladoran View Post
    So I was able to fix my problem and I've got LOTRO working again. The solution? Moving the UserPreferences file out of MyDocuments\TheLordoftheRingsO nline (I moved it to the Desktop), then restarting the Launcher and letting the game recreate the file.

I don't know what in the file got corrupted after I reinstalled and ran the game; must have been some setting changes it didn't like. But I've logged in and out a couple of times and so far it's been working fine. But then, I haven't tried to change any settings yet either.

Same issue here, tried this but it didn't work...
    I just don't know what to do anymore!

Destroyer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by sharptdk View Post
    Same issue here, tried this but it didn't work...
    I just don't know what to do anymore!
    Hi, sharptdk.

Please can you follow the link in my signature, go through the directions there and create a new topic on your issue as this is a fairly old one now.

It would be very helpful in trying to provide you with an answer to get some fresh information on the issue.

Worked for me :)

I was having the same exact problem and that fix worked for me. Thank you!!!

Thank you so much for sharing this simple fix, it was driving me crazy!

It helped me out. I got a new laptop, had the same problem after installing LOTRO. This did the trick. Thanks.

in line to connect

same problem I just needed to install directx web installer from microsoft

Quote Originally Posted by skamvick View Post
    same problem I just needed to install directx web installer from microsoft
    I second this, the other stuff didn't work for me but this advice did work!
    CALM DOWN PARVIRUS

I'm having the same problem. None of the suggestions here have worked so far. Also, I've double checked to see that my important windows updates are current, and even tried turning off proxy server settings.
    Any further suggestions would be welcome. While I'm waiting I plan to run some malware scans with other software, in case my own security suite missed something.

It is about time someone added the dx9c installer to the LOTRO installer. So many people running Win10, even those who once had it installed and working, seem to forget, or never knew they needed it; when something randomly deletes parts of it from working versions.

Unhappy Still cannot connect as of 0600 EST; can't be busy servers, can it?

Gladden server here, with an update.
    I completed full scans with Norton antivirus and ESET Nod32. They show my machine is clean. I might run Norton eraser later for a second root kit scan.
    I'm not sure what else to try, except maybe turn off the high resolution in the startup options, or uninstall and reinstall the game.
    Almost ready to submit a ticket over this.

Hello I am experiencing the same problem. I know the most recent post in this thread is from 2017 but I would like to play LOTRO, I downloaded ~20gigs of data and now the launcher is crashing on me. It gets to "getting in line to connect" and then the launcher crashes and no further actions occur because of the LOTRO launcher executable. Would really like to log in to my old account and adventure in Middle-Earth. Plz halp me pl0x.

I'm also downloaded thru Steam, and have tried launching the game thru steam and also running the launcher executable outside of steam, regularly and with administrator privileges, nothing seems to work. =/

I also am hitting this wall, both on a new install and a steam install on my new laptop. Anyone have any ideas? It opens up the launcher, and when you pick a world, goes away. No error messages, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlockdba View Post
    I also am hitting this wall, both on a new install and a steam install on my new laptop. Anyone have any ideas? It opens up the launcher, and when you pick a world, goes away. No error messages, nothing.
    I am as well...Submitted a ticket and the tech support has been very responsive. Been going thru things hes telling me to do since last night. When and if I find a fix ill let you know. Seems like they have a small detail the need to fix, lots of people with this problem again here recently.

BTW I tried everything you can find on any forum, youtube video ect. I have this issue on 3 different computers.

Currently the Tech support guy has emailed me this and im waiting for the download to finish.. Seems after doing this takes a lot longer download time so maybe this is a good thing. Give it a try if you would like

Navigate to your Lord of the Rings Online installation folder (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\The Lord of the Rings Online)

Delete all files in this folder with a dat or datx file type. They will all end in .dat or .datx

Restart the LOTRO launcher and the application should repair itself.

Ok update. On PC 2 I have this problem with i did the follwing and it worked.

To stop the crashing I went into the options and the far left tab "General" I checked Keep "Launcher Open" and at the bottom under game client I checked "32bit Legacy client" Launched game and it didn't do anything, so i did it again and a box popped up , it said lotro is already running and i clicked bring to front and it did but asked me to use dx11 instead of the 12 that im currently running on windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrase View Post
    Ok update. On PC 2 I have this problem with i did the follwing and it worked.

To stop the crashing I went into the options and the far left tab "General" I checked Keep "Launcher Open" and at the bottom under game client I checked "32bit Legacy client" Launched game and it didn't do anything, so i did it again and a box popped up , it said lotro is already running and i clicked bring to front and it did but asked me to use dx11 instead of the 12 that im currently running on windows 10.
    I tried this and i can currently access the game using the 32 bit legacy client option

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast