We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Backup threads?

Backup threads?

With new forum, will we lose some threads? I think i did read somewhere that we would have to copy and paste the stuff we don't want deleted, not sure if was about the lorebook or also involved the forum threads, so i'd like to know if there is a forum where we can post or copy the threads we don't want to be removed.

The threads i'm trying to save are:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-raid-properly
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...r-achievements

Take care.
    Saelyth is not forgotten...

If you look in the sticky threads Sapience replies to various posts that we will not lose any posts.

It's not really a whole new forum that we're getting, it's only the software side of it that is being upgraded, the database itself will be the same database.

Originally Posted by Crell_1
    I don't suppose the existing forums can be set to 'read only' archive mode and put somewhere for reference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post

So we can have two copies of the same thing? For what purpose? Nothing is being deleted, only copied.
    Last edited by Edrogar; Jun 27 2013 at 01:05 PM.

If there is information from the Lorebook or blog posts on myLOTRO you'd like preserved, you should find an appropriate forum and copy that information there. Those services will no longer be available after the community site revamp next month.

Everything on the forums will remain, it will just be upgraded to a slightly newer version of the forum software.

Oh, ok, thanks!
    Saelyth is not forgotten...