We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rzeszow, Poland
    Posts
    249

    The Battle of Lorien.

    Hello fellow adventurers.
    Do you know if there any hidden prerequisities for Battle of Lorien quest? I completed all non-repeatable quests in Lorien long ago, all repeatables at least once, but I cannot start Battle of Lorien. NPC simply never has a ring over her head.
    I completed all Lorien deeds (well obviously except Battle of Lorien one), got Kindred rep with Galadhrim and of course i own Lorien quest pack. GM couldn't help me, as he was not able to force start instance for me. Account Support confirmed that I should have access to all content in Lorien QP.
    I found some information that in the past, ppl needed to complete large amount of Lothlorien Preparations quests in order to unlock Battle of Lorien. Either it is not working that way anymore or ppl are doing alot of repeatables in Lorien, because my kinmate standing right next to me can get this quest, while I can't.
    Any help is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Valinor
    Posts
    16

    Battle Requirements

    I know that the Battle Instances in Angmar were at one point hooked up to server-wide requirements for collecting Ring Lore for Elrond and then completing each Battle quest 20 times to unlock the next level, and that they used to periodically reset. I don't know of any such requirements in Lorien. The Battle for Lorien instance IS set around the orc-camps in the NW corner of the zone near Telain Faunhuidol. If you have not completed all of the dailies THERE at least once between the two Telains that is the only thing I can think of that might be the culprit...

  3. #3
    Yes there are prerequisites. All those other preparation quests you see by the Battle quest giver? Those have to be done quite a lot. There's a banner up at the area where you run the supplies to by Fanuidhol where you can see how many more are needed. I dunno if there are any other markers showing what else needs to be done, but basically, it's something that needs quite a few people doing regularly. This and the Angmar instances are simply just not going to be open anymore really. It's something Turbine ought to change.
    [url]http://wanderingthroughdigitalworlds.wordpress.com/[/url]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothirieth View Post
    Yes there are prerequisites. All those other preparation quests you see by the Battle quest giver? Those have to be done quite a lot. There's a banner up at the area where you run the supplies to by Fanuidhol where you can see how many more are needed. I dunno if there are any other markers showing what else needs to be done, but basically, it's something that needs quite a few people doing regularly. This and the Angmar instances are simply just not going to be open anymore really. It's something Turbine ought to change.
    The OP says that his friend can get the quest while he can't so your statement isn't quite correct. I'm also fairly certain that this quest is available on Firefoot as well, but I haven't been to Lorien is quite a while myself.

    You're basically correct on the Angmar part. I occasionally see that the second one has been opened up, but the last time I saw the 3rd available was probably back before RoI.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,301
    There are 3 Elves offering Lothlorien preparations quests near Belvagor, and another one on Telain Galadhrim = 4 Preparation quest total. There is also a banner near them showing how many of those quests are already done out of 600 required. It can be anywhere between 3/600 and 598/600 before the Instance quest will become available. Unfortunately, the count resets during server downtimes, so you will have to wait until enough people do those quests enough times again. Your friend may have accepted the quest when it was on, in which case he is still able to join the Instance.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    Once you get the preparations done 600 times server-wide, Battle of Lorien is available to be played. After the battle is done a certain number of times, not sure how many, the counter resets and you have to do them again. I know one time I did the battle and after getting back to CG the counter was back at zero. So get cracking!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainith View Post
    The OP says that his friend can get the quest while he can't so your statement isn't quite correct. I'm also fairly certain that this quest is available on Firefoot as well, but I haven't been to Lorien is quite a while myself.
    No, I was completely correct in what I said. It is a fact that the preparations need to be completed a certain amount of times before the instance opens up. I don't know what was going on with the OP's friend, but you can go check the banners for yourself.

    I joined at the tail end of Moria so by that time, people weren't doing the Battle much anymore (and I wasn't a completionist at that point yet) so I never finished that deed. I went back a couple a weeks ago to duo it with my boyfriend in order to get the deed done but the quest wasn't available to either one of us due to many more preparations needing to be completed. Frankly, unless you have an organised effort with many people running those quests every day, it's going to be rare that the Battle will be open.. just like the Angmar ones.
    [url]http://wanderingthroughdigitalworlds.wordpress.com/[/url]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothirieth View Post
    No, I was completely correct in what I said. It is a fact that the preparations need to be completed a certain amount of times before the instance opens up. I don't know what was going on with the OP's friend, but you can go check the banners for yourself.
    My apologies, I should have been more specific in my quoting, I was referring to the following statement you made, not your entire post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lothirieth View Post
    This and the Angmar instances are simply just not going to be open anymore really.
    Again, my apologies for my overgeneralized quote response.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload