We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Fresh level 85 LM needs advice.

So i mainly need help when im in a raid on the debuffing/backup healing side...I Did a BFE and Flight and they went well but i was pretty much mindlessly spamming all the skills lol.

Any advice on how to trait and what kind of legacies i need on Lis (by the looks of it i can just keep my DPS staff considerring only good trait for staves was give power magnitude which was kinda lame-ish)
    Also which armour set would be the best to get?

My .02 on how I run.

I went with the Hytbold red set. For BfE I run 5R and 2 yellow. For Flight I run the same but Dunadain is a must and I use a raid book built with SoP:Righteousnes maxed out. I can AS the whole raid by myself. Both runs T1 for the record.

My Staff is optimized for fire and DPS while I have 2 books. First book is for DPS, again optimized for Fire and DPS with the second book built more for AM/KoA back for when we really had on level raids.

@marlwyn:
    it depends on your strategy. For t1 dmg traits are enough, for t2(c) you need to know the strategy. There are kins/raidgroups which want dmg-lm and there are which want am-lm

How exactly should i trait when i go debuff/heal? Got dps staff and book done now so probably gonna start working on a book thats more debuff/support oriented.

One thing I might add - this is for all LM's...

On my hunter I have a "find the path" weapon that gives me another 6% to run speed, I equip it, pop the skill and switch back to my main LI... voila, 21% run speed.

On my Cappy I have a buff stick, all the major buffs are max'd out, equip it, buff the group and switch back to my main Halberd.

On the LM, I carry a "share the power" stick, an extra 10% to share is really nice, I have both of my staves quick-slotted, I switch, share, switch back.

Also, depending where you have rep get the best damage/crit/resistance scrolls for your LI's that you can. I happen to like the new ones in Wildermore.

As for legacies on your staff, for sure...

Tactical Skills Direct
    Fire Skills Crit
    SS CD (I wish there was a Staff Sweep CD legacy, but that's a different thread for another day)

After that people will start to differ. I like cracked earth range, damaging skills debuffing, but I PvP a lot.
    [center]Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // [b][color=red]Akthuri r15 LM[/color][/b] // Vishus r5 Captain[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuaje View Post
    My .02 on how I run.

I went with the Hytbold red set. For BfE I run 5R and 2 yellow. For Flight I run the same but Dunadain is a must and I use a raid book built with SoP:Righteousnes maxed out. I can AS the whole raid by myself. Both runs T1 for the record.

My Staff is optimized for fire and DPS while I have 2 books. First book is for DPS, again optimized for Fire and DPS with the second book built more for AM/KoA back for when we really had on level raids.
    Hi, thank you for that information, I also am a freshly minted 85 LM and really am quite lost on the needed setup for endgame raiding and pvp.

Could you provide some screenshots or a item links for your staff and book setups? Thanks in advance!

Undisclosed location somewhere in the milky way galaxy
    hey guys, you should really read this thread that was written somewhat in response to the OP's questions....this should tell you all about Staff and Book Legacies, whats good, what's not so good, etc. Also they pose quite the interesting idea of creating more than one book...using a 2nd or 3rd book that has certain quick one time use legacies: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...n-in-Update-11
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000bd327/01007/signature.png]Amthalian[/charsig]

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Valaraen Says: “Behold the Chinchillas! They ride to war!”[/SIZE][/color]

This is my gear. I dont really like SS cd because you're not usually going to be up close and personal with mobs in raids. Maybe it's good for PVP?
    I went with the red hytbold set and got 2 animal friend to swap in for heals on t2 raids. Right now I'm running 4 hytbold fury, 2 greater erebor fury.

(I did not name any of these lis! >.> Oh, kinnies.)

I haven't done t1 in a while, but would go:
    bfe: 5r, dunadan, and whatever else I feel like at the moment. Proof of all ills, healer, or fire lore.
    Flight: 5r, dunadan, and wind lore
    Smaug: All red plus frost lore

t2:
    bfe: 5y (must have fast loader), dunadan, healer for water-lore on tank, use animal friend gear.
    flight: 5y (fast loader, deep lore, wind lore), dunadan, master of staff, use my book with bane flare leg
    smaug: 5r red, healer for reflect, frost lore

I use the raven for all these raids. Pretty much only useful pet for groups.

3 mans:
    I usually just go 5r, healer, and light of hope. Sometimes use heal book and my spirit pet.

Good luck,
    Calenion of Riddermark